IU - Purdue Post Game thread

My wife just told me what’s wrong with this team....it’s full of a bunch of millennials that don’t care if the sun comes up or not...I work with some...they come to work and don’t want to do anything...don’t care if anything gets done or not....these players could care less that RMK was there...all the players were there..Mark Cuban..Sage Steele..that people paid a lot of money for tickets...just look at who plays and see if they fit the bill....RMK being there didn’t reverse no curse...it closed the book on Indiana basketball as fans know it from when he coached...mediocre has set in and it’s been that way for 20years and probably 20 more

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The thing is that June is way to late in the process to ho think you will get a good hire.  Also I don't think an AD will want to come in and just fire the coach as his first thing on the job.  If Dolson is hired and he is an internal hire I doubt he will let Archie go.

First, look for the replacement now.  That is what I meant, buy out Glass and get his replacement in place before the school year ends. 

If Dolson is promoted though, the admin is basically rubber stamping the fact that they don't give a f--- about winning basketball.

They had a packed house of people eating up the environment today and they got national TV and big money from the Big Ten, that is all they care about.  That is what a Dolson hire will reinforce.  They hire from internally to replace Glass, they should just go ahead and burn Assembly Hall down.  I have family who were diehard IU fans their entire lives who don't even know what the team is doing anymore.  You see all those people streaming for the door today?  You think anyone that scalped a ticket for $400+ is going to be interested in dropping that kind of money for a continuation of Glass?  "But, but look what he did for all these sports that nobody watches and follows...."

Glass failed at his stated benchmark of competing for titles, why the heck would you pick some loser out of his tree to replace him?  But I agree, he will probably be the replacement because the people that run IU are a joke.

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

I don’t either! Starting to feel like the big 0 12 skid again. It seems we just keep doing the same thing and hope for better results! Man if I was a good high school player i would think long and hard before I would choose IU. 
I would like to hear that Archie broke a table are throws a fit at the players are something! 

I don't think it's going to get that bad again, but I wouldn't be surprised if they finish 7-13 in conference.  This is such a bad game today, and a shame it happened when Coach Knight made his return.  He showed so much more emotion than these players, it's really amazing to watch the highlights of him and then watch some of the play.

6 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Just going to note a couple things for now:

Was anyone else dumbfounded on Archie taking TJD and Hunter out after we got writhing 6?  Then Purdue scores 7 straight.  It seems like Archie loves to mess with teams that are flowing.

purdue fan behind me questioned why the team doesn’t feed TJD every time.  Straight up said no one on Purdue can stop him, he was amazed the team didn’t feed him the ball more.  Once again a commoner theme.

Still going to wait for the season to complete before I pass final judgment on the year but this was not a good look.

I am lucky though, as I can say I saw Coach Knight coach his last game at AH and the. Saw him set foot on the court for his next and maybe last in person game.  I teared up, was special and I won’t forget it.

I’m one to always stick by the coach when i hear the right things, this however is different than anything I’ve seen in my time as an IU fan. This team is lacking more than emotion, i don’t see any development whatsoever from year to year. 
  Being up here in the ND area i can honestly say that IU has better talent no question about it, but Mike Brey definitely develops his players much better than what I’ve seen from Archie. ND has at least shown some development and played much better as a product on the floor than this IU team.  
   I’m going to say it until I’m blue in the face, but i just think that Green is a cancer on this team. His play only shows a selfish mentality and not a team mentality in any way shape or form. It does no good just to sit him because his presence is still there. 
  My biggest concern is with the 2021 class and what they see and hear about this program. If I’m a kid looking at IU in that 21 class, I’d have to seriously take a deep look at what other coaches will be pointing out about the lack of development seen by the IU players.  We all keep hoping that they will turn a corner, or flip a switch, instead we see ups and downs that hit both sides of the spectrum. How does a team conquer that mindset...coaching.

We just don’t move the ball like a good team moves it. When we enter it into Brunk he backs in backs in backs in. Then he gets surrounded and the ball gets tip and deflected as he tries to pass it out. Brunk and all our big men get in the way when we drive. When we pass the ball around the top it is at terrible angles. Because the player receiving the ball has move to the lower wing so we can’t make sharp quick passes around the horn. 

31 minutes ago, HoosierLT said:

They are capable... turnovers and bad shooting are killing us. I know everyone says to bench the players that aren’t performing, but who’s going in to play? We have some good wins this year... like I said, a lot of season left. Get to 20 wins and we are in.

If I understand what you are saying, the goal is to "get in" whether we are good enough or not. My understanding of what you say is, just get in at any cost (no matter how freaking terrible you play) and everything is rainbows and unicorns. .... I think that is totally opposite of what it means to be a Hoosier. WE DO NOT accept participation trophies! 

I'm starting the last 5 on the bench next game. I am 100% behind Archie being successful. But I am done with him having the soft hand. Either lead, or get out of the way. What is being done is not working. Start Bybee and the rest and I will give it time, start the same and I'll be off the train. (I totally want Archie to be successful!!)  

Just now, Joe_Hoopsier said:

If I understand what you are saying, the goal is to "get in" whether we are good enough or not. My understanding of what you say is, just get in at any cost (no matter how freaking terrible you play) and everything is rainbows and unicorns. .... I think that is totally opposite of what it means to be a Hoosier. WE DO NOT accept participation trophies! 

I'm starting the last 5 on the bench next game. I am 100% behind Archie being successful. But I am done with him having the soft hand. Either lead, or get out of the way. What is being done is not working. Start Bybee and the rest and I will give it time, start the same and I'll be off the train. (I totally want Archie to be successful!!)  

Start Phinisee, Franklin, Hunter, TJD, and Brunk.  That is who I want to see play like 30 minutes of the game.

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

If you say so.

69C2F349-6A67-4CE8-B05D-D10EFF2B4B9A.jpeg

I have a joke about Pat Shoulders, but it only works in person because I pat my shoulders. Also, I've heard he isn't going to go for reelection to the board, so that's somewhat positive, maybe. 

I know that DG is a problem but I don't know just him leaving is just going to turn this team around.  Looking at next year we have to get RP back to playing like he did last year before he got his concussion.  TJD has to get stronger and develop a 15 foot jumper so it will allow him to have more room in the post.  Archi has to go out recruit a PG and a shooter because we need to be able to shoot from the outside.

Just now, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Next Game, Bybee, Shipp, Henderson, Childress, Thompson. 

Tell me that they won't scrap and be intense. ... What is the worst that could happen? Loose by double digit's the day Knight comes home?

I agree with this 100%

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

For the first time this season, I have come to believe we will miss the tournament again. Not sure next year is much better either.  So sad. So frustrating. 

i was told that i didn't understand how they select the field when i had the audacity to say i didn't think we were a lock.  i was also attacked when i said i didn't think we'd be any better next year.  

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

i was told that i didn't understand how they select the field when i had the audacity to say i didn't think we were a lock.  i was also attacked when i said i didn't think we'd be any better next year.  

Not by me. I’ve been uneasy about how we have been playing, but today pushed me over the edge. 

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

Not by me. I’ve been uneasy about how we have been playing, but today pushed me over the edge. 

To be honest, many of us have kind of been at the edge ready to jump, but just waiting for the push we figured was coming.  A bunch of people got that push today.

I DVRed the game because I couldn't watch it live (life interfered)...

Very disappointed with the effort. That's all I'll say about this game...

I purposely skipped over halftime and watched it at the end...reminded me why I love Indiana basketball...God Bless Coach Knight...I felt much better after watching that...

Archie's going nowhere for 2 years, so get use to it...and yes, addition by subtraction does work sometimes, especially when team leadership changes hands...

On to Thursday and the Hawkeyes...

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Nobody said we were a lock but at that time we were solidly in the field.  Today on CBS the NCAA came out with their top 4 seeds in each region at this time.  Jerry Palm afterwards did what he though the rest of the field would be and had us at  8 seed.

i agree that we shouldn't attack our own players for the most part, but Green and Durham are just bad.  does Green have pictures of something to blackmail Archie?  i must admit Hunter looks encouraging.  i was wrong there.  i'm sticking with what i have said for months... not making the tourney this year.  Arch still gets 1 more.  won't make it next year.  Arch will need to go.  

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Nobody said we were a lock but at that time we were solidly in the field.  Today on CBS the NCAA came out with their top 4 seeds in each region at this time.  Jerry Palm afterwards did what he though the rest of the field would be and had us at  8 seed.

hey there Scott.  i know you look for quick attack when i post.  i didn't mention your name in any way.  just said people told me i was crazy and didn't understand how bball worked.  maybe that's true.  maybe we will make it.  maybe things are headed in the right direction and we are fine.  just doesn't seem that way to me.  it's okay if you disagree with me though.  and BTW- i am still not a wife beater :) 

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

ok

When you were saying we was not in at that time was wrong.  Nobody said we were a lock but at that tie we were solidly in the field. Nobody said if we don't keep winning we would still get in the tournament but just at that time.  All the projections had us in the tournament as of this morning but that will change if we don't start winning.

1 hour ago, Colonialcrester said:

The last game was the first one in many years that I didn't watch ...on purpose. I had such high hopes for today's game.  I may take a break from watching games.  I have said this before but I may actually do it this time! ☹️☹️

Was travelling for work this week.  Had to get some things done for my mom at some point today.  I had to choose between watching IU / PU or going to the Girls Sectional Final for the school my kids attend.  I chose the Girls Sectional Final.  

Just watched the video of Coach Knight's return, which is the only thing I felt I was missing anyway.

Archived