I’m watching other teams play to try and understand our issues better...

The first thing I noticed, the court seems bigger. Realized that’s because we have horrible spacing. It’s so congested when we’re on offense because everything we do is nonchalant. Setting picks moving without the ball.

Other teams don’t have nearly as much do nothing movement. Dribble dribble dribble, pass pass pass all the while never accomplishing anything or moving the ball in position to score.

These other teams pull the trigger. Whether it’s on a pass into the post or on a good shot, we hesitate, they don’t. I can’t count how many times we pass up a decent shot to continue the “do nothing” ball movement only to settle for a bad, contested shot.

Other teams hit shots 🤷🏻‍♂️ They take their shots with confidence. Whether it’s a short jump, a layup or a 3, they shoot the ball looking like they expect it to go in. I feel like we shoot it with hope or complete indifference.

Indifference...I feel like that might be the word I’d use to describe the Hoosiers. Maybe they care. Maybe they’re upset in the locker room. But, if that doesn’t translate to actions on the court, it’s worthless.

The one thing I see watching these other teams that frustrates me with us the most is effort. They have it, we don’t. It’s frustrating because that’s not a gift or talent you need to be born with. The lack of it is inexcusable.

I’ve supported coach Miller. I still put this on the players for the most part. But, we are not improving...again. He is not getting the best out of these guys. I’m tired of seeing him clapping when he needs to be reading guys the riot act. Coach Knight being in the building today is just a reminder that we no longer have accountability. Example, Green And1 dribbles...dribbles...dribbles until the shot clock runs down to a few seconds and then fires a behind the back (unnecessary) pass to a big man who has to fire up a 3. Can you imagine Coach Knights reaction to that sequence?!?! 

But, we no longer have accountability. That’s probably why Green felt comfortable doing that in the first place.

I’ll always love my Hoosiers. But, I’m becoming indifferent and pessimistic and that sucks.

1 minute ago, Hoosier76 said:

The first thing I noticed, the court seems bigger. Realized that’s because we have horrible spacing. It’s so congested when we’re on offense because everything we do is nonchalant. Setting picks moving without the ball.

Other teams don’t have nearly as much do nothing movement. Dribble dribble dribble, pass pass pass all the while never accomplishing anything or moving the ball in position to score.

These other teams pull the trigger. Whether it’s on a pass into the post or on a good shot, we hesitate, they don’t. I can’t count how many times we pass up a decent shot to continue the “do nothing” ball movement only to settle for a bad, contested shot.

Other teams hit shots 🤷🏻‍♂️ They take their shots with confidence. Whether it’s a short jump, a layup or a 3, they shoot the ball looking like they expect it to go in. I feel like we shoot it with hope or complete indifference.

Indifference...I feel like that might be the word I’d use to describe the Hoosiers. Maybe they care. Maybe they’re upset in the locker room. But, if that doesn’t translate to actions on the court, it’s worthless.

The one thing I see watching these other teams that frustrates me with puts the most is effort. They have it, we don’t. It’s frustrating because that’s not a gift or talent you need to be born with. The lack of it is inexcusable.

I’ve supported coach Miller. I still put this on the players for the most part. But, we are not improving...again. He is not getting the best out of these guys. I’m tired of seeing him clapping when he needs to be reading guys the riot act. Coach Knight being in the building today is just a reminder that we no longer have accountability. Example, Green And1 dribbles...dribbles...dribbles until the shot clock runs down to a few seconds and then fires a behind the back (unnecessary) pass to a big man who has to fire up a 3. Can you imagine Coach Knights reaction to that sequence?!?! 

But, we no longer have accountability. That’s probably why Green felt comfortable doing that in the first place.

I’ll always love my Hoosiers. But, I’m becoming indifferent and pessimistic and that sucks.

I was watching Auburn and LSU earlier today and at first Auburn offense was just 5 guys standing around and letting guys go one on one.  They got behind using that offense but later they started moving better and getting better looks.

I struggle to figure out what, exactly, our offensive strategy is, if you can call it a strategy. I get that we don't have shooters to keep opposing defenses honest, but I really don't see any half-court sets that make any sense. It's like rec league - hand-offs at the top of the key, bad spacing, awful passing into the post (if that even happens), and guys not in a position to catch and shoot if the ball has to come back out when Trayce/Joey get double teamed down low. There's so much more, but those are the things I see that just have me scratching my head any time we set up in half-court. The most frustrating aspect is that we haven't improved one iota from the beginning of the season to today; in fact, we seem to be regressing. It's just really disappointing. 

Archived