The H🔥T Seat

Dakich starts railing on the team at about 12 min mark and Fisch comes on near the 20 min mark until about the 30 min mark.  Fisch says CAM's hands are tied(or something similar). He does seem to say that this is not necessarily happening only at IU, but he does really indicate that things can't be done that need to be done in order to get the players attention.  Fisch doesn't know what Archie has been told by Glass and others, but he knows that coach doesn't like what is going on with the players.  Why would IU spend this kind of money and then not allow the head coach to develop the program in his image?  Hell, Glass must have known that CAM was a bulldog.  You don't go to an animal shelter and pick out a pit bull if you are hoping for a lap dog.  And you sure shouldn't pay millions for that dog.  Who the heck knows, just can't deny that Fisch has credibility.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

This is ridiculous....if this is true then was CAM not made aware of how things are going to be when he was hired...im at a loss...why even have a coach...why not just let Glass over see the basketball operations and let a player be a player/coach...unreal

Not to derail but who cares at this point. For those that actually visit the football portion of this board know I'm a Hurricanes fan. Miami football and IU basketball are very, very similar. Proud traditions. Historical significance and yet we are curious why what we are. There were 2x in Canes history where the academia side of the house decided to make decisions. Post Butch Davis the Canes hired Larry Coker (our Mike Davis) to promote continuity. The same academia hired Randy Shannon (local UM guy)....similar to our Sampson.

None worked out and the frustration continued to mount. New AD hired a home run (Mark Richt....same as our Tom Crean which was as good as we could get) yet once again none worked out. I'm telling you the problem is up top which seems to be the overriding constant over the last 20 years. Canes fans removed 2 trustees this past off season to allow Manny to do the job he was hired to do. Named Ed Reed to a position bringing past into present. I only hope our Hoosiers will see the vision of embracing our past while envisioning our future. I keep hearing these admin problems and it's like a Texas hail storm. Nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.

27 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Dolson wasn’t the AD then but he’s going to be soon.

Yes, it was just Glass that didn’t want Alford.

The board, big time donors, the administration.... all of them wanted Alford and Glass stopped them all.

lol

The Alford window has been closed....and it isn’t going to be opened by some mid major AD with the current Board and Administration.

49 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

So you think Fischer is purposefully lying to cover for CAMs coaching deficiencies?  Or you dont think Fischer knows anything and is speculating?  Neither of these is in his character and one of them must be true. 

There is a third choice....

Fish has heard that Archie was/is handcuffed which hopefully just means he could not boot Green off the team or perhaps was told he could not get over the top (open to interpretation) when it come to verbal or physical practices. Somehow that is being interpreted to mean that Archie might be directed as to who, when and how much he plays guys.  I have ZERO inside info but would not be surprised if he was forced to keep Green but I don’t believe for a second that he is being told who to start, how long to play people, when to sub, etc.

So do we now think that there is a secret microphone imbedded in Archie’s gum and board members take turns dictating the games?  I guess he chews extra vigorously when , for example, he is told through the microphone that he has to start the same starting five in the second half.

I also heard, from a very good secret source, that Archie had hoped to “send a message” by sitting Green during the @Maryland game but it was Pat Shoulders turn to dictate the game and Pat (through the mic in the gum) overruled Archie’s plan to sit Green,

In summary:

Year one - It takes three years to learn the defense and “Crean players”

Year two - Only year two of learning the defense, injuries, players are sleeping with each other’s girlfriends and “Crean players”

Year three - the administration controls his every move, we were only allowed to play Western Illinois once, to save money he was told to not use 2 scholarships and “Crean players”

3 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

In summary:

Year two - Only year two of learning the defense, injuries, players are sleeping with each other’s girlfriends and “Crean players”

Year three - the administration controls his every move, we were only allowed to play Western Illinois once, to save money he was told to not use 2 scholarships and “Crean players”

Year 4:  New light bulbs in the Hall make shooting hard (but just for us, not the other team).  Wait til next year. 

Year 5:  Players don't like the issued shoes.  Adidas contract says wait til next year. 

Year 6:  The temperature of our locker room is 2 degrees off.  Players can't concentrate.  Will take $4 million to fix.  Not in the budget until next year.

Year 7:  Can't shoot because fans are too noisy.  Will take a year to get rid of Crean's fans and bring in Archie's fans.

Year 8:  Can't shoot because new fans aren't noisy enough.  Will take another year to correct.

Year 9:  Pack Line Defense is renamed "Leave the other team's best shooters wide open."

Year 10:  Archie finally recruits some shooters.  Message boards say he needs another 4 years to make them "his team."

( Just having fun, everyone.  I hope Archie wins us 10 championships in a row.  Go IU! )

28 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

So do we now think that there is a secret microphone imbedded in Archie’s gum and board members take turns dictating the games?  I guess he chews extra vigorously when , for example, he is told through the microphone that he has to start the same starting five in the second half.

I also heard, from a very good secret source, that Archie had hoped to “send a message” by sitting Green during the @Maryland game but it was Pat Shoulders turn to dictate the game and Pat (through the mic in the gum) overruled Archie’s plan to sit Green,

In summary:

Archie wears a buzzer on his chest like the guy from the Astros.  If Fred wants him to do something, he just presses the button and Archie complies based on the number of buzzes.  They tried beating on a trash can but Archie kept getting it confused with the pep band 🤔

54 minutes ago, JugRox said:

The board, big time donors, the administration.... all of them wanted Alford and Glass stopped them all.

lol

The Alford window has been closed....and it isn’t going to be opened by some mid major AD with the current Board and Administration.

It was Glass’s hire. He didn’t need the approval of the boosters because he didn’t break the bank with the Archie hire. I don’t know what to tell you but that’s a fact. The next AD will get to hire his own coach when a change is made. If he needs extra funds then he’ll have to sell donors but not until then.

I missed several pages... busy couple of days. However, I’m sick and tired of the excuses, either way. I don’t know what to believe when it comes to the administration, because it all sounds like BS to me. 

That being said, I’m about ready to start a revolt and march around the administration building, demanding more! 😂😂😂😂 Because we deserve a lot more than what we’ve been given over the last two decades!! 🤣

All kidding aside, this is getting extremely old and I believe that I speak for a good majority of the alums, former players and fan base alike... when I say that something has to change, like now. 

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

It was Glass’s hire. He didn’t need the approval of the boosters because he didn’t break the bank with the Archie hire. I don’t know what to tell you but that’s a fact. The next AD will get to hire his own coach when a change is made. If he needs extra funds then he’ll have to sell donors but not until then.

Good lord, no. The Board wanted nothing to do with Alford. He didn’t even get an interview.

Glass didn’t go out and hire Miller on his own after he screwed up Crean’s extension. You really think that? FYI, Glass didn’t want to fire Crean to begin with. He was told to fire Crean.

Hey, if you want to think Alford is going to coach at IU, go ahead. 

15 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Good lord, no. The Board wanted nothing to do with Alford. He didn’t even get an interview.

Glass didn’t go out and hire Miller on his own after he screwed up Crean’s extension. You really think that? FYI, Glass didn’t want to fire Crean to begin with. He was told to fire Crean.

Hey, if you want to think Alford is going to coach at IU, go ahead. 

It’s still over a year away until a change will be made anyway so it doesn’t matter right now. There’s plenty of time for things to change and hopefully Archie figures it out but I’m not holding my breath. 

4 hours ago, JugRox said:

lol

Not saying the Alford window isn’t closed but I have talked to quite a few previous players and they all still want Alford or an IU guy.  Not sure that will ever change no matter how silly it seems.

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

This is my understanding as well, if a coach was interested and it required extra money there are donors that would cover it.  But need someone interested in coaching the team that is at that level first.

10 hours ago, Danomatic said:

I missed several pages... busy couple of days. However, I’m sick and tired of the excuses, either way. I don’t know what to believe when it comes to the administration, because it all sounds like BS to me. 

That being said, I’m about ready to start a revolt and march around the administration building, demanding more! 😂😂😂😂 Because we deserve a lot more than what we’ve been given over the last two decades!! 🤣

All kidding aside, this is getting extremely old and I believe that I speak for a good majority of the alums, former players and fan base alike... when I say that something has to change, like now. 

This thread is BS....

Talk about a sh*t storm

CAM will get more time to get things going

11 minutes ago, GoshenFan84 said:

I listened to Fisch's segment. Dakich made reference to the student athlete bill of rights and other posters on here have mentioned this as well. Can someone explain why this is detrimental? I've tried finding critical articles but I can only find puff pieces. 

From what I have read it just guarantees that the player scholarship can't be taken away.  I don't think it guarantees a roster spot and if the player wants to remain at the school as a student it will still be paid for.  I think this was put in place mainly for kids who has career ending injuries and can't play anymore.

Archived