The H🔥T Seat

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/8/2020 at 10:17 PM, BDB said:

And the question again for that, why does the cancer get so much PT?  I don't care if they throw a manager out there. I don't care if they play with 4 players.  I remember reading when Archie was hired that he wouldn't be afraid to bench players for not playing the way he wanted.  I do not see it that way.  I see the players running the show.  

I have my sources since I currently go to school at IU and I’m friends with many of the athletes.. specifically a player on the teams girlfriend who is an ex softball player. I’m being told the issue isn’t Devonte, but it’s the fact that Justin Smith and De’Ron Davis specifically do not listen to Archie and do not like to be coached. Those are the two cancers from what I have been told. The day before the Purdue game I was told that. 

1 minute ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I have my sources since I currently go to school at IU and I’m friends with many of the athletes.. specifically a player on the teams girlfriend who is an ex softball player. I’m being told the issue isn’t Devonte, but it’s the fact that Justin Smith and De’Ron Davis specifically do not listen to Archie and do not like to be coached. Those are the two cancers from what I have been told. The day before the Purdue game I was told that. 

I can't see that with Smith because he seemed to be more under control this year.

Just now, Jackson Kellogs said:

I thought the same thing because he’s been playing well and under control, but from what I’m being told his attitude about Archie is not good. 

Well Odle did tweet Saturday that they have a cancer or two on that team and they will be gone next year.  Unless Odle knows something about Smith leaving that tweet would not include Smith.

3 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Then why does Justin keep starting?  Put Jerome in there and tell Justin “you’ll find him a nice place to play” once the season ends.  Is Archie truly that incompetent to allow the inmates to run the asylum?

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yes and have not seen one person who said they want him back but stating that Archie is not doing any better than Crean was.

Lol why would anyone bring that up if they weren't saying we should have kept him?  lol these responses are pointless

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Then why does Justin keep starting?  Put Jerome in there and tell Justin “you’ll find him a nice place to play” once the season ends.  Is Archie truly that incompetent to allow the inmates to run the asylum?

Because the players run Archie.. and he can’t discipline them how he wants. Smith has been productive this year so that’s the only reason I see him still having him in the starting 5. I agree with what you’re saying though, I would start Jerome at the 3. 

Just now, Jackson Kellogs said:

Because the players run Archie.. and he can’t discipline them how he wants. Smith has been productive this year so that’s the only reason I see him still having him in the starting 5. I agree with what you’re saying though, I would start Jerome at the 3. 

Then it sounds like CAM really wants that $15M buyout.  I thought for months that he seemed miserable.  Sometimes what looks like a dream job ends up being a nightmare.  It happened to me once.  I think he’s realizing that this is a bad marriage and wants out.  Absolutely nothing else makes sense.

The problem is my generation is soft and has everything handed to them.. so kids growing up in AAU have been told how great they are their whole life so when they come to college they expect everything to be handed to them. None of these guys want to take an ass chewing from any coach. It’s just the way it is. College basketball will never be the same as it once was, and the fact that our society coddles and sensors everything including the way coaches are allowed to run their programs has ruined it. It’s a shame honestly. 

1 minute ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

The problem is my generation is soft and has everything handed to them.. so kids growing up in AAU have been told how great they are their whole life so when they come to college they expect everything to be handed to them. None of these guys want to take an ass chewing from any coach. It’s just the way it is. College basketball will never be the same as it once was, and the fact that our society coddles and sensors everything including the way coaches are allowed to run their programs has ruined it. It’s a shame honestly. 

I agree but not all kids are soft but they have been coddled way to much

On 2/11/2020 at 12:38 PM, IUFLA said:

I'm sure it's an informed opinion...I'd wager that a former IU player has as good if not better inside information about the team than most of us do...

More than likely, since they played together on a Final Four team, He and Mike Roberts still keep in touch.

8 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Then it sounds like CAM really wants that $15M buyout.  I thought for months that he seemed miserable.  Sometimes what looks like a dream job ends up being a nightmare.  It happened to me once.  I think he’s realizing that this is a bad marriage and wants out.  Absolutely nothing else makes sense.

Might explain why he doesn't "expose" the admin's ways that everyone is wanting him to do. Contract may void the buyout if he does something along those lines.

Just now, IU Scott said:

If you watched the UI and MSU game last night both coaches was getting to their players and it did not seem to effect them.

MSU is a great example of players who are tough as nails and a coach who is allowed to run his program the way he wants. I really do believe our administration here at IU doesn’t care about the importance of the basketball program and doesn’t invest enough into it like other blue bloods do. I just wish we had an administration that would do anything to make this program a top priority. 

Archived