The H🔥T Seat

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

MSU is a great example of players who are tough as nails and a coach who is allowed to run his program the way he wants. I really do believe our administration here at IU doesn’t care about the importance of the basketball program and doesn’t invest enough into it like other blue bloods do. I just wish we had an administration that would do anything to make this program a top priority. 

Maybe it is time for you students to do something about it and call for a change.  Also maybe it is time for the alumni and the fan base to do the same thing.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Maybe it is time for you students to do something about it and call for a change.  Also maybe it is time for the alumni and the fan base to do the same thing.

Trust me I’ve been voicing my opinion about it for the last three years, but it’ll take thousands of students to have any sort of impact on what’s being done at the top. Alumni have the most leverage because they can simply stop donating money every year to the school and boycott showing up to games and buying season tickets until a change happens. It starts with the top guy. McRobbie. He could give a rats ass about the basketball program. 

21 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I have my sources since I currently go to school at IU and I’m friends with many of the athletes.. specifically a player on the teams girlfriend who is an ex softball player. I’m being told the issue isn’t Devonte, but it’s the fact that Justin Smith and De’Ron Davis specifically do not listen to Archie and do not like to be coached. Those are the two cancers from what I have been told. The day before the Purdue game I was told that. 

Just don't see that being the case. If there is a "cancer" the only one I could see it being would be Davis since he is not seeing the floor very much. If either one of those players doesn't like Archie or doesn't like being coached by him I'm pretty sure they would have transfered at end of his first year as the coach. Its just funny how it seems everybody always lays the blame on the same players but has no real info to back it up, just 3rd or 4th hand information. 

2 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I’m just stating what I’ve been told. Coming from a source connected with (dating).. cough cough.. 

I believe I would take the Player’s name off this post. Visitors from other boards and anyone on the net could spread this info in a not so good way. Plus you don’t want to lose your good source!! JMO....

Just now, HMSHoosier said:

Just don't see that being the case. If there is a "cancer" the only one I could see it being would be Davis since he is not seeing the floor very much. If either one of those players doesn't like Archie or doesn't like being coached by him I'm pretty sure they would have transfered at end of his first year as the coach. Its just funny how it seems everybody always lays the blame on the same players but has no real info to back it up, just 3rd or 4th hand information. 

I disagree. Many of the players who played under Crean didn’t like him at all, but they stuck with it. This information isn’t 4th hand either. 

33 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Then it sounds like CAM really wants that $15M buyout.  I thought for months that he seemed miserable.  Sometimes what looks like a dream job ends up being a nightmare.  It happened to me once.  I think he’s realizing that this is a bad marriage and wants out.  Absolutely nothing else makes sense.

He really looked disinterested during the Purdue game, which is totally out of character. He may realize as long as Glass is there and until a few guys are gone, there's no point in running into the same brick wall any longer. He may be counting on a new AD environment and different attitudes next year. If that doesn't improve, I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar to Alford's exit from Iowa to NM. Both parties could let it happen with no compensation either way. Avoids being fired.

CAM's a young guy and very competitive. I think he'd take a lower paying gig with a better environment. He'd have a lot of opportunities at the mid-major level again or other non Power 5 programs.

59 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

MSU is a great example of players who are tough as nails and a coach who is allowed to run his program the way he wants. I really do believe our administration here at IU doesn’t care about the importance of the basketball program and doesn’t invest enough into it like other blue bloods do. I just wish we had an administration that would do anything to make this program a top priority. 

I think this is a serious post but I've read many others that bash MSU and how they handled rape allegations against some of their basketball players and what a dirtbag their coach is that you could be using sarcasm. The emotions run so high with IU bball that I can't tell what is serious and what isn't anymore.

1 hour ago, HMSHoosier said:

Of course you don't see it, you're not in the locker room. None of us are. There are tons of reasons that a player, or players, can be unhappy and it often times has nothing to do with playing time. There are also a ton of reasons that an unhappy player might not transfer. Just using Smith as an example, maybe he felt after his freshmen year that he'd come back and have a monster sophomore year and then go to the NBA, so he decided to come back, though ultimately that didn't pan out. Then after his 2nd year he's such a good student that he's only 1 year away from an early graduation and then can grad transfer without sitting out a year. Again, just making the point that there a multitude of reasons that a player can be unhappy and also not transfer, and the vast majority we would have no idea about. 

I can tell you for me, I was a 4-year starter in college that averaged 30 mpg. Guess what? I was miserable most of the time. I hated my coach, disagreed with almost everything he did and how he ran the team, etc. I considered transferring after my junior year and actually even considered just not playing my senior year. But, I had friends that I loved, I had an apartment with 2 life-long friends, I had a network, I liked my teammates and I love the game, so I stayed and I played. 

1 hour ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Also, the money that Indiana Athletics makes from the Big Ten Network every year.. not one penny gets reinvested into our athletic programs.. the school takes the money. 

Wrong.

The Athletic department gets some of that money.

1 hour ago, Huntnfreak said:

I believe I would take the Player’s name off this post. Visitors from other boards and anyone on the net could spread this info in a not so good way. Plus you don’t want to lose your good source!! JMO....

Probably should delete this too since name shows up in quote. 

1 hour ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I disagree. Many of the players who played under Crean didn’t like him at all, but they stuck with it. This information isn’t 4th hand either. 

I have heard some of CAMs players don’t think too highly of him either as a coach but they arent leaving. I know an athlete on campus who talks to team players. Again could just be players spouting off at the mouth because of a frustrating season...I’m no insider just hear things now and then. 

7 minutes ago, IUfan93 said:

I have heard some of CAMs players don’t think too highly of him either as a coach but they arent leaving. I know an athlete on campus who talks to team players. Again could just be players spouting off at the mouth because of a frustrating season...I’m no insider just hear things now and then. 

Do you people have any idea what the players thought of Knight in the 90s while playing for him? lololololol

10 minutes ago, IUfan93 said:

I don't think many of the players on this team have any room to criticize. I'd say you could blindfold CAM and tie his shooting hand behind his back, and he'd still shoot better than 90% of the players on this team.

In the past coaches did not care about being liked by players and to me coaches shouldn't be like friends.  Coaches needs the respect from the players but they don't need to be buddy/buddy with them either.  Most players probably don't like their coaches if they are being coached right and be held accountable.

2 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

The problem is my generation is soft and has everything handed to them.. so kids growing up in AAU have been told how great they are their whole life so when they come to college they expect everything to be handed to them. None of these guys want to take an ass chewing from any coach. It’s just the way it is. College basketball will never be the same as it once was, and the fact that our society coddles and sensors everything including the way coaches are allowed to run their programs has ruined it. It’s a shame honestly. 

"including the way coaches are allowed to run their programs" - have you heard anything that Archie can't run the program the way he wants?  I was a high school coach, and I told kids that if they had a bad attitude they wouldn't play.  Some kids would call my bluff and they'd ride the pine.  Parents would ask what's going on and I'd say your son's attitude sucks, and he won't play until he shapes up.  That solved the attitude issue real quickly.  I was no harda** coach, but negative energy was the last thing I wanted near my team.  If the AD told me I can't use the bench as a motivator, I think I'd act just as resigned as Archie.  Curious to hear if you've heard if his hands are tied in any way by the administration.  

14 minutes ago, HoosierCPA said:

"including the way coaches are allowed to run their programs" - have you heard anything that Archie can't run the program the way he wants?  I was a high school coach, and I told kids that if they had a bad attitude they wouldn't play.  Some kids would call my bluff and they'd ride the pine.  Parents would ask what's going on and I'd say your son's attitude sucks, and he won't play until he shapes up.  That solved the attitude issue real quickly.  I was no harda** coach, but negative energy was the last thing I wanted near my team.  If the AD told me I can't use the bench as a motivator, I think I'd act just as resigned as Archie.  Curious to hear if you've heard if his hands are tied in any way by the administration.  

I seriously doubt anyone is telling Archie who he can play and how much he can play.  I think it has more to do with Archie not being able to discipline the players or kick anyone off the team he thinks should be gone.  I don't think he has much of a choice to have to play DG some because they are low on the amount of guards on the roster.  It appears that RP is limited on how many minutes he can play with his lingering injuries.  Also it is not like Franklin and AL is lighting it up to where there is not a need to play DG.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I seriously doubt anyone is telling Archie who he can play and how much he can play.  I think it has more to do with Archie not being able to discipline the players or kick anyone off the team he thinks should be gone.  I don't think he has much of a choice to have to play DG some because they are low on the amount of guards on the roster.  It appears that RP is limited on how many minutes he can play with his lingering injuries.  Also it is not like Franklin and AL is lighting it up to where there is not a need to play DG.

I would be quite surprised, too, but this is the third time in the past 48 hours I've heard rumors that Archie has been limited in how he can and cannot coach.  Just thought I'd see if someone who has some connections had heard anything similar.

8 minutes ago, HoosierCPA said:

I would be quite surprised, too, but this is the third time in the past 48 hours I've heard rumors that Archie has been limited in how he can and cannot coach.  Just thought I'd see if someone who has some connections had heard anything similar.

I really doubt anyone who post on these message boards has any inside knowledge of what is going on in the basketball program.  I would hope people inside those offices wouldn't come on here or tell any outsiders what is really going on.

6 minutes ago, HoosierCPA said:

Hope that's not the case. Win or lose, stay or fired all depends on coaching and team management, and if he can't run the team as he wants to but ultimately he has to be responsible for the results, that's total BS. Unless he was told not to break the law/rules or not to abuse his players, which I don't think that'd be the case, Archie should have full authority to run his own team, then, he can gladly and willingly take responsibilities. 

Archived