The H🔥T Seat

I still don't buy that a top 10 in paid college basketball coach, at Indiana, in the B1G cannot discipline or bench the players on his team.  FFS,  the man is being paid 3.5 million a year.  Has a 20 million dollar buy out.  What leverage does any administrator or BOT have.  If they fire him they owe him a crap ton of money.  They will look incompetent when the facts come out and would set IU sports back 10 year at the minimum.

He controls this team.  He can't control if they shoot well.  Or if they turn the ball over.  Or if they won't run the offense he wants.

He can control who plays.  Who starts.  Who is subbed in or out.  Who gets playing time.  Who starts the second half.  And who is on this team. He owns all of this.  He cannot stand in front of the camera and answer questions.  Tell the fans that changes will be made.  That these guys are soft.  That they don't practice well.  And then turn around the next game and do the exact same things.  

Has he been intimidated and cowed by the administration?  If so, he should give the money back and go back to small ball at some mid major.  This is BIG TIME ball on the BIG STAGE and he better find his intestinal fortitude before he get ran out of town and tarnishes his career.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JugRox said:

Do you people have any idea what the players thought of Knight in the 90s while playing for him? lololololol

I was just making a point that I think all of them whether recruited by a coach or not at some point get dissatisfied with their coach. And to that end just because they are frustrated on the day they are voicing said complaints definitely doesn’t mean they will leave the program. Just the nature of the ups/downs and demands of playing a college sport. The original poster talked about Crean...I was just pointing out CAMs recruits say the same things so I’m sure most players go through this. 

2 hours ago, ephul said:

I don't think many of the players on this team have any room to criticize. I'd say you could blindfold CAM and tie his shooting hand behind his back, and he'd still shoot better than 90% of the players on this team.

Hey I don’t disagree with you. I think a lot of the complaining probably has to do with the frustrations of the season...I’m sure there is so much that is going on we have no idea about. CAM looks miserable and lost on the sideline. I feel like watching him he just has no fight or emotion left. Whether that has to do with the player situation, parent interference, administration, or all of the above who knows. It just sucks that this program has fallen so far due to mismanagement somewhere and there is just no end in sight it seems. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I really doubt anyone who post on these message boards has any inside knowledge of what is going on in the basketball program.  I would hope people inside those offices wouldn't come on here or tell any outsiders what is really going on.

Seriously? You talk all the time about working with Aaron Henry's dad and getting inside knowledge from him through Aaron about the MSU program. There's plenty of ways to get inside info, that's one of them.

My brother worked with a player's dad (on Crean's team), so I would get bits of inside info from time to time. That was the only time I had inside info, but I knew that player was going to transfer about a year in advance. He said he couldn't stand Crean, because Crean changed once certain players made it to campus and started letting certain players get away with too many things.

49 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Seriously? You talk all the time about working with Aaron Henry's dad and getting inside knowledge from him through Aaron about the MSU program. There's plenty of ways to get inside info, that's one of them.

My brother worked with a player's dad (on Crean's team), so I would get bits of inside info from time to time. That was the only time I had inside info, but I knew that player was going to transfer about a year in advance. He said he couldn't stand Crean, because Crean changed once certain players made it to campus and started letting certain players get away with too many things.

Hey now don’t start questioning one of our big time insiders.  

Just now, JugRox said:

He has arguably the 2 worst Georgia teams in the last decade.

Remember when they beat Memphis and everyone wanted him back?

People need to start with the myth that the administration is the cause of all our troubles.  Davis was awful and got fired at UAB.  Crean will be fired by Georgia.  The problem with IU basketball is the administration keeps hiring terrible coaches.  If with ever pony up for an elite coach look out.

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

People need to start with the myth that the administration is the cause of all our troubles.  Davis was awful and got fired at UAB.  Crean will be fired by Georgia.  The problem with IU basketball is the administration keeps hiring terrible coaches.  If with ever pony up for an elite coach look out.

I'm not sure I'd call a guy who's been to 1 Elite 8 and 1 Final Four in 16 years of D1 coaching "elite."

13 minutes ago, JugRox said:

He has arguably the 2 worst Georgia teams in the last decade.

Remember when they beat Memphis and everyone wanted him back?

IU fans know all too well that you can’t expect a coach who’s only in his second year building a program to make the tournament with a lottery pick scoring guard.  All this means is that Crean is the next Coach K. :coffee:

8 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

IU fans know all too well that you can’t expect a coach who’s only in his second year building a program to make the tournament with a lottery pick scoring guard.  All this means is that Crean is the next Coach K. :coffee:

I guess IU can line up the next mid-major and do it all again in 3 years.

Better yet, let’s just give up and hire Alford....

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Hey now don’t start questioning one of our big time insiders.  

Far from it because the only inside info I had concerning IU ended up being wrong.  I was at my aunt's funeral and Colin Hartman's Aunt was there because they were related by marriage.  She told me at the funeral that Colin was not coming back for his 5th year but he ended up coming back.

Just a general comment. Archie isn't a PR guy and I don't mind that. I don't mind that if things are going well. I think if Archie showed us a tad of the personal some or most of us might give him a tad more time....show us anything Coach. His comment about riveting today says frustration.

I do not believe that the administration is keeping Archie from coaching this team up! I do however think the administration has had a series of poor hires since firing Knight. I don’t need to go though them we all know who they were. I’ll be on Archies side yet next year ,but we have got to be much much better! 
I my opinion Archie would have been better served if he would have sent guys packing the minute he walked in the door. He should have over recruited and sent these upperclassmen on their way. 

25 minutes ago, Bob said:

I do not believe that the administration is keeping Archie from coaching this team up! I do however think the administration has had a series of poor hires since firing Knight. I don’t need to go though them we all know who they were. I’ll be on Archies side yet next year ,but we have got to be much much better! 
I my opinion Archie would have been better served if he would have sent guys packing the minute he walked in the door. He should have over recruited and sent these upperclassmen on their way. 

With Dakich, Fish, and multiple other inside people saying Archies hands are tied. Im not sure how we as fans still second guess it???

19 minutes ago, Bob said:

The speculation though seems to be that the administration didn't allow Archie to clean house(@ the beginning or now).   It seems like a pretty good theory.   The question then is why would CAM continue to give the supposed bad apples playing time.  Did the administration tell him to keep the players happy so they wouldn't transfer?  Someone claimed that Coach Allen and CAM were given ultimatums last year.  Bowl game or gone for CTA or Tourney or bust for CAM.  If that's true then I could see why players aren't getting benched.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

14 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

The speculation though seems to be that the administration didn't allow Archie to clean house(@ the beginning or now).   It seems like a pretty good theory.   The question then is why would CAM continue to give the supposed bad apples playing time.  Did the administration tell him to keep the players happy so they wouldn't transfer?  Someone claimed that Coach Allen and CAM were given ultimatums last year.  Bowl game or gone for CTA or Tourney or bust for CAM.  If that's true then I could see why players aren't getting benched.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Good question.  Maybe he thinks if he parks a guy like Devonte on the bench all game all season that Devonte will eventually start pissing in the well and bring down the whole team.  So he has to try to keep him somewhat happy or else everything goes to crap.  But it looks like it is anyway so I don’t know.

18 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Go Hoosiers!!!

With respect to Green, you don't have the luxury of just sitting him. Rob and Jerome both have had injury issues, and AF and AD have been inconsistent at best. If you want to use the bench as a message, you kinda have to play some people you may not want to. Add in the fact that CAM would relieve a lot of pressure if we managed to get into the tournament this year, and he's got to at least dip his toe in the Devonte water each game to see what we're getting. 

Archived