The H🔥T Seat

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just did not like how you had to go with the name calling with glass and you don't need to use the language on this board.  Why not just critique a guys job but don't have to make it personal.

See this is the problem with society these days!! Oh my god stop being a £¥€><! I bleeped it out for you!! 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Beowulf50 said:

You probably were against Knight also!! Come on!?? 

Nope but I thought we Kept him a couple of years to long because of what was gong on the court and not off of it.  Again it does not make you tough when you go on a message board and call out players, coaches or administrators  All I asked at first was why you were so angry today and you went off about people being soft.

18 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Did the seat get a tad warmer today????????

Nope.

Folks...I know it gets frustrating but all today was a road loss in conference play. I understand if people have 20 years of frustration....I get it....I'm frustrated too. However it's just a loss. Get back to business this week. Win out at home that gets us to 19 before BTT. That puts us in tourney. 

We just got are arces handed to us by a first year coach with no head coaching experience. Three years at IU and this is the product on the floor.  So if the adimin is not handcuffing Archies coaching, then he is a chump and needs to be gone. Well either way he is a chump. 

1 minute ago, Shapopojoe said:

I think there is some serious fantasy going on around here if someone thinks this team makes the tournament. Pity spot? Maybe. But who are we kidding to think they don’t get tossed in first round? “Just one road game “ lol. Come on man. They done. Cheer them on of course....but face reality. 

The facts are that IU may not meet our expectations of a Hoosier team, but a 16-9 record in a Power 5 conference absolutely puts the team in the discussion for a tourney bid,  Bottom line is 19-13 (with opening game BTT loss) or 20-14 (with a 1-1 BTT showing) puts IU in the tourney.  Should we expect a deep run.  No.  But, to think we have no shot at the tourney is just frustration talking.  Even after this putrid performance, we will still be projected in.

It’s harder to win on the road but our guys just don’t show the tenacity and mental toughness to play well on the road.  Defense should travel.  That’s the most disappointing thing about this team.  We aren’t loaded with talent but we still have guys who should be better than this on the road.  

8 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

I think there is some serious fantasy going on around here if someone thinks this team makes the tournament. Pity spot? Maybe. But who are we kidding to think they don’t get tossed in first round? “Just one road game “ lol. Come on man. They done. Cheer them on of course....but face reality. 

And just think. UConn faced 11 straight elimination games one year and won a title. "They done"....not sure I agree with talk in such absolutes. 

25 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

We just got are arces handed to us by a first year coach with no head coaching experience. Three years at IU and this is the product on the floor.  So if the adimin is not handcuffing Archies coaching, then he is a chump and needs to be gone. Well either way he is a chump. 

Totally get the frustration, but please be careful of name calling. I know you are talking about his coaching, and not making a personal attack. Just be careful, this is coming too close to the line.  :)

3 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

We were on the bubble according to most analysts before the Purdue game. Doubtful we make it at this point. I mean u are not living in reality if you think the rest of the schedule that a light switch clicks on and then win. Last place in b10 gets in? I call bs 

The state of IU basketball isn't in great shape right now, but everything you are saying is inaccurate.

3 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

We were on the bubble according to most analysts before the Purdue game. Doubtful we make it at this point. I mean u are not living in reality if you think the rest of the schedule that a light switch clicks on and then win. Last place in b10 gets in? I call bs 

Sigh.  It's so easy to generalize and say we suck.  I asked a couple of weeks ago and got no takers, so I will issue a challenge directly at you.

As of this moment, give me a 68 team field that does not include IU.

And.........I will pick it apart.

I don’t think it’s a slam dunk we don’t make it but I’m failing to see how it’s a slam dunk we do. 

it isn’t just our “record and we’re in” or out “record and we’re out.” We are fizzling hard it seems in the second half of our season and a team with a similar record than us without getting beat in so many games by double digits is going to look a lot more appealing than we are.

47 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Nope.

Folks...I know it gets frustrating but all today was a road loss in conference play. I understand if people have 20 years of frustration....I get it....I'm frustrated too. However it's just a loss. Get back to business this week. Win out at home that gets us to 19 before BTT. That puts us in tourney. 

These aren’t just “road losses” though. We’re getting destroyed on the road. Complete no-shows. That matters. Losing by 20 every road game isn’t the same as losing by 3. The margin of defeat and offensive/defensive efficiencies impact NET, RPI, Saragin, being ranked in general, etc. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

These aren’t just “road losses” though. We’re getting destroyed on the road. Complete no-shows. That matters. Losing by 20 every road game isn’t the same as losing by 3. The margin of defeat and offensive/defensive efficiencies impact NET, RPI, Saragin, being ranked in general, etc. 

Exactly. 

Archived