The H🔥T Seat

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Cool. Don't support IU.  Quit watching. And for your information. We have won on the road this year. Granted not much. But the ENTIRE B1G is struggling on the road this year.

What’s wrong with taking a page out of your book?  Or am I mistaken and you had a last minute change of heart and watched the then  8-4 Hoosiers in the Gator Bowl after vowing not to watch.

10 hours ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

During the Big 10 preseason media day Archie was asked if the three point line changes his defensive philosophy and he said no, and they will do the same as always.  I'm not sure if Archie wants to grow and adapt.  

If Haston was correct in his recent interview, even Knight was going to dabble with a zone with the size they would of have.

Could you point me in the direction of that interview, please?  Sounds interesting.

11 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i feel like it would be shocking if we won @ Illinois.  i agree we won't win at Purdouche or MN.  home vs. Penn St.?  hard to imagine.  it hurts seeing us 11th in the Big 10.  something about being 11th out of 10 (yes, i know there are more than 10 teams, but it's in the name.)

I don't get why you would think there is no way to win at Minnesota.  Not saying we will win but to me that one would be the easiest to win on the road.

I’m pretty confident Beilein would be much better with this roster.  He’s clearly twice the coach Archie is as far as X’s and O’s.  But I do wonder how his NBA flameout/the “thugs” incident will affect his coaching career going forward.  I could see that potentially causing this team to tune him out like they regularly do to Archie.  Also have to take into account his age and health issues... Had to have open heart surgery just a few years back.  Either way, 99% chance it won’t happen anyway.

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Cool. Don't support IU.  Quit watching. And for your information. We have won on the road this year. Granted not much. But the ENTIRE B1G is struggling on the road this year.

This is a really sad post to read. IU has 1 road win this year. I count six Big Ten teams with at least 4 road wins, and another 2 with 3. But mostly sad because a guy who runs the site is upset that another fan is frustrated with the state of the team right now. It's a major disappointment what Indiana basketball has become. I hardly ever post anymore because quite honestly I've just become numb to all things IU basketball. But to attack someone who still cares for being upset should be above you. Just my opinion. I'll go back to my hole now. 

12 hours ago, BGleas said:

I’ll be extremely disappointed if we limp through the rest of this season, even if we’re squeaking into the tournament, but there are not big changes to both Archie’s staff and roster. I like our incoming freshmen, but we need some competitors and we need some shooters and slashers that can score, along with another point guard. 

I think a PG added the incomming class is a MUST!  I agree that Trey is "Fife-ish" and Leal as well.  What I've read about JG, while not much, is that he has a Vic mindset.  Getting top 5* recruits every year would be great, but ill take a class full of grinders and hustlers that are going to out work everyone.  

I loved seeing Hunter get a little chippy with Iowa.  It was nice to see somebody not take any $h!t.  If TJD can get a little bit more of his dad comming out in his game, along with Hunter, Race, a healthy Rob 🙏🙏 and the incomming class, we might have a dog in the fight that has a little bit of bite to go with its bark.

3 minutes ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

This is a really sad post to read. IU has 1 road win this year. I count six Big Ten teams with at least 4 road wins, and another 2 with 3. But mostly sad because a guy who runs the site is upset that another fan is frustrated with the state of the team right now. It's a major disappointment what Indiana basketball has become. I hardly ever post anymore because quite honestly I've just become numb to all things IU basketball. But to attack someone who still cares for being upset should be above you. Just my opinion. I'll go back to my hole now. 

No you’re right. It’s a bad look. Soaked in hypocrisy too.

8 minutes ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

Nobody said you should not be upset or disappointed where the program is.  What is being said is that you should back them through the bad times as well as the good times.

I just don't want IU to be like the Cleveland Browns where we are talking about changing coaches every couple of years.  To me when you see the organizations that fire coaches every couple of years you are generally looking at inept programs.  To become a successful program I think it starts with continuity and right now we have not had that the last 20 years.  Between changing coaches and AD's it has been a turn style for most of the last 25 years.  You see organizations like the Steelers who has had 3 HC's the last 50 years and you see a model organization.  They have had a lot of success but they also had down years but they stayed the path.

I see where some fans say we have been patient but to me that is not true.  Maybe the administration has been patient but I have not seen where the fans have been patient at all.  With each coach the fans have been calling for their heads after 2 or 3 years and like it or not that has a negative impact on the program.  It is not the only negative impact but a impact none the less.

I really like Beilein. But his offense needs wings and bigs that can shoot. Are roster has none of that. I don't have a problem with Archies offense,  We get plenty of good looks. We just don't make them. What upsets me most is are lack of urgency on the defensive end of the floor. He plays 11 guys and we rarely reach are limit on fouls. If you are playing defense aggressive you are going to foul. That being said we have a lack of desire to be competitive and something is afoul.  We need to really turn the heat up with are voice and are actions.

The blame belongs on two of three groups. The Coaches and Players or the Admin and players. As fans we deserve to know what we are supporting. We have been supporting this for years now and keep coming back to the same place with the same complaints. So there is a common theme here to draw a conclusion. Time we get some answers and either support the current culture of the program or move away from the program if no change is going to take place.  

2 hours ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

I admit, not my normal M.O.  And my bad. The replacement thread has been festering for days in my mind. And I just happened to let my anger out. My apologies. 

On ‎02‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 12:08 AM, 5fouls said:

That's a shame.  I never understood why he made the move to begin with.  I never saw him as an NBA guy.  If he does, some college program is going to be a lot better next year.

I don't see him going to a place that needs a rebuild. Honestly had it timed out right....UCLA would have been perfect. Instant recruiting power and he plays a brand of basketball that recruits would be attracted to. Also he will be more of a stop gap coach. I don't see him the long term answer but perhaps a coach where you have a young assistant in waiting.

On 2/16/2020 at 7:51 PM, GrangerHoosier said:

Guys, there is zero chance we win a road game this year.  It's not like we're playing tough and just getting beat in the final minute;  we aren't even competitive on the road.  The team doesn't even look like they believe they can win on the road.  They just show up, put the uniform on, and go through the motions.

And that's why I can't bring myself to watch road games anymore.  It's not because they lose the game, it's because they don't even look like they want to be there.

It's always fun to read statements of absolutes after they are proven so wrong in dramatic fashion. 😄 

Now, if IU can square the season series at Mackey...that would go a long way toward softening my anger over the Toiletmaker debacle in Bloomington...

19 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

It's always fun to read statements of absolutes after they are proven so wrong in dramatic fashion. 😄 

Now, if IU can square the season series at Mackey...that would go a long way toward softening my anger over the Toiletmaker debacle in Bloomington...

The only game that left me totally disappointed was pudouche at home this year.  I had been waiting over 20yrs for RMK to come back and iu shit the bed  I just wish my dad was here to see  RMK come home.  

That said..  Archie still Hasn't beaten Turdoo.  Here is hoping IU crushes them in Mackey.

10 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

The only game that left me totally disappointed was pudouche at home this year.  I had been waiting over 20yrs for RMK to come back and iu shit the bed  I just wish my dad was here to see  RMK come home.  

That said..  Archie still Hasn't beaten Turdoo.  Here is hoping IU crushes them in Mackey.

Been slowly convincing myself we could win at Mackey next week and not fully convinced yet... but what a way would that be for Archie to get his first win against Purdue. Especially when you throw in on all this hot seat talk, being on the bubble for the tourney, and just being 0-4 against them in general....would be absolutely fantastic

12 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Yeah...that has got to change.  It's especially maddening when most objective people would be willing to say that the current Turdue team isn't very talented.

...but man, can they get up to play IU.  I wish IU players were half as motivated to beat Turdue.

26 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i am thrilled to say i was wrong about this one!  very nice showing at a tough place to play.  we may creep into the Dance yet.  here's to hoping for 1 of the next 3.  i would think that would seal it.  

I am hoping for 3 of the next 3...

50 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i am thrilled to say i was wrong about this one!  very nice showing at a tough place to play.  we may creep into the Dance yet.  here's to hoping for 1 of the next 3.  i would think that would seal it.  

We've been projected in the tourney since the rankings came out. Last night just helps the cause. Not sure about the creeping part.

Archived