The H🔥T Seat

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It would do a lot of good for everyone (program, staff, players, fans, etc.) if IU ends this season not just squeaking into the tournament but getting in with some momentum. I don’t even mean making a run in the tournament, I just mean winning 3/4 out of these last 5 and a game or two in the BTT. 

Get into the tournament solidly, even with a 7/8 and then there’s some real momentum heading into the Spring recruiting cycle and the summer. 

20 regular season wins and making the tournament will turn the heat way down.  That’s all anyone expected this year in the first place.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/21/2020 at 4:30 PM, FKIM01 said:

You're saying exactly the same kinds of things that frustrated Michigan, Duke, Villanova and Virginia fans said before their teams found success.

You may not be upset, but barring a Steve Alford UCLA-style meltdown, I would be utterly disgusted if IU's administration were stupid and short-sighted enough to fire Archie Miller after this season.  That's the kind of move you make if you want to have a perpetual coaching carousel at your school.

Not going to argue you with you.  Just don't agree.  I wasn't a fan of those teams then.  I don't anything about good their players developed or good the coach developed those years.  So I can only comment on what I see now

5 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

20 regular season wins and making the tournament will turn the heat way down.  That’s all anyone expected this year in the first place.

Exactly. I understood the concern earlier this year, when it was looking like there was little to no improvement from last year and rumors of issues off the court again. Pretty happy to see the changes since then; at minimum, we’re actually playing with some effort instead of sleepwalking through games, at least with these last two home games. Let’s see if it travels on the road this time. 

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Turning the heat down a little may have started today, just sayin'.....

This game really didn’t do much for me. They were playing shorthanded missing their 2nd best player. I would hope we’d be able to beat them at home in this situation. The fact that they got down big and came all the way back to take the lead on the road playing shorthanded was really impressive. 

4 minutes ago, MPM said:

This game really didn’t do much for me. They were playing shorthanded missing their 2nd best player. I would hope we’d be able to beat them at home in this situation. The fact that they got down big and came all the way back to take the lead on the road playing shorthanded was really impressive. 

Well, you just keep on rootin' for anyone you want, kiddo!  😋

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

SMH...some of you will never be satisfied...

Satisfied that we won, yes. Expected to win in this situation, absolutely. Jones is averaging 14 PPG. My God I hope we can beat them at home with him not playing. They were able to beat Michigan St and Michigan on the road with him in which he scored 20 and 16 respectively. To pretend that wasn’t a huge loss playing on the road without him is pretty homerish. I’ve been neutral on CAM since the initial day he was hired. I didn’t think he was a homerun nor did I think it was a bad choice. The jury is still out for me currently. This one game didn’t change how I feel about the job he’s done so far.

2 minutes ago, MPM said:

Satisfied that we won, yes. Expected to win in this situation, absolutely. Jones is averaging 14 PPG. My God I hope we can beat them at home with him not playing. They were able to beat Michigan St and Michigan on the road with him in which he scored 20 and 16 respectively. To pretend that wasn’t a huge loss playing on the road without him is pretty homerish. I’ve been neutral on CAM since the initial day he was hired. I didn’t think he was a homerun nor did I think it was a bad choice. The jury is still out for me currently. This one game didn’t change how I feel about the job he’s done so far.

You realize even with him out PSU was a 1.5 point favorite vs IU and IU won. 

Odd. Go back to offseason talks and 99% of us said this team would hopefully be a middle of the pack team, with an outside chance at making the tournament.

We are exactly that, and right now firmly in the tournament. Playing our best ball of the season. 

This team is better than last year's team, we are getting better, almost all our big minute players will be back next year.........and we have this discussion?

Color me confused.

Heat is totally off.  I mean honestly if we can win 3 of the next 4 (which is possible) Archie would be in my Top 3 for coach of the year.  Chambers and Pikiel are the top 2 in my mind.  IU would be in the top 3-4 in standings and they were projected to be 8-11.  I loved the offense the last 2 games, lots of new wrinkles.

9 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Well, you just keep on rootin' for anyone you want, kiddo!  😋

Well I’ll always root for my alma mater. However, I can appreciate when another team’s back is against the wall and play like they did. How they competed was impressive with the circumstances they had to deal with. We also showed grit and toughness which was good to see. It was a good game to watch, outside of the officiating, between two teams that played extremely hard. 

4 minutes ago, Feathery said:

You realize even with him out PSU was a 1.5 point favorite vs IU and IU won. 

Absolutely and that should tell you more of what the “oddsmakers” think of this IU team playing at home than anything. Oh and the line shifted to IU being a slight favorite once it was announced he was out. How do I know? Well because I bet IU to cover -1 😁.

1 hour ago, MPM said:

Absolutely and that should tell you more of what the “oddsmakers” think of this IU team playing at home than anything. Oh and the line shifted to IU being a slight favorite once it was announced he was out. How do I know? Well because I bet IU to cover -1 😁.

So they thought he was worth 2.5 points. IU won by more. All is well, it was a big win. Odd to say being against PSU. Lol

1 hour ago, MPM said:

Well I’ll always root for my alma mater. However, I can appreciate when another team’s back is against the wall and play like they did. How they competed was impressive with the circumstances they had to deal with. We also showed grit and toughness which was good to see. It was a good game to watch, outside of the officiating, between two teams that played extremely hard. 

Were you on here after we had a lot of injuries and saying this after we lost because of those injuries.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Were you on here after we had a lot of injuries and saying this after we lost because of those injuries.

Well let’s take a look at our losses.

@ Wisconsin no Rob - we lost by 20 and were never competitive.

Arkansas everyone played - still lost.

@ Maryland everyone played - not competitive.

@ Rutgers everyone played - competitive for really only the 1st half.

Maryland no Race - lost a game we should’ve won.

@ Penn St no Race - competitive for only 1st half.

@ Ohio St no Race - not competitive.

Purdue everyone played - don’t think I need to tell you how that went. 

@ Michigan everyone played - not competitive.

So what point are you trying to make? Have we been competitive on the road, like Penn St was today, with key injuries? The answer is no. When’s the last time we were down 15-20 points on the road with key injuries and fought back to take the lead or even make it competitive? Who is even our equivalent to their Jones anyways? Green maybe??? We don’t have a consistent 2nd option like they do. Did we lose against Arkansas at home solely because Rob was playing hurt? We haven’t been competitive in 7 of our 9 losses, so very tough to justify “injuries” as being the reason we lost.

1 minute ago, MPM said:

Well let’s take a look at our losses.

@ Wisconsin no Rob - we lost by 20 and were never competitive.

Arkansas everyone played - still lost.

@ Maryland everyone played - not competitive.

@ Rutgers everyone played - competitive for really only the 1st half.

Maryland no Race - lost a game we should’ve won.

@ Penn St no Race - competitive for only 1st half.

@ Ohio St no Race - not competitive.

Purdue everyone played - don’t think I need to tell you how that went. 

@ Michigan everyone played - not competitive.

So what point are you trying to make? Have we been competitive on the road, like Penn St was today, with key injuries? The answer is no. When’s the last time we were down 15-20 points on the road with key injuries and fought back to take the lead or even make it competitive? Who is even our equivalent to their Jones anyways? Green maybe??? We don’t have a consistent 2nd option like they do. Did we lose against Arkansas at home solely because Rob was playing hurt? We haven’t been competitive in 7 of our 9 losses, so very tough to justify “injuries” as being the reason we lost.

Just saying that when we lose with injuries some say injuries are no excuse. To me when others have injuries and we beat them injures should not be an excuse.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just saying that when we lose with injuries some say injuries are no excuse. To me when others have injuries and we beat them injures should not be an excuse.

My whole point was that it was a game at home I expected to win to a team missing a very important piece. If he plays and knowing how important he is to them, do I expect to win? Unfortunately, this year I don’t. However, do I hope to win...absolutely. They got down big and fought hard to take the lead. I can appreciate that, even if I’m rooting for the other team. Injuries are an important part of the game and can play a significant factor in how a game plays out.

3 hours ago, MPM said:

Be fair though, if you are going to give a demerit because PSU was missing one player, then you really must have felt bad for Archie last year.

Injuries happen.

3 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Heat is totally off.  I mean honestly if we can win 3 of the next 4 (which is possible) Archie would be in my Top 3 for coach of the year.  Chambers and Pikiel are the top 2 in my mind.  IU would be in the top 3-4 in standings and they were projected to be 8-11.  I loved the offense the last 2 games, lots of new wrinkles.

Although I love the optimism, 11-9 won’t be top 3 or 4. Teams 2-5 already have 10 wins each. 11-9 will finish tied for 6th or 7th. 10-10 and we’re looking at in the 8th or 9th range.

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Be fair though, if you are going to give a demerit because PSU was missing one player, then you really must have felt bad for Archie last year.

Injuries happen.

Which is why I’m neutral on CAM. Nothing I’ve seen says he should be fired, but nothing I’ve seen says he should be here as long as he wants. I’m basically Switzerland in a nut shell 😁.

Archived