The H🔥T Seat

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

And, again, I'm amazed that you think Crean and Archie's first three years are even remotely comparable. Crean was throwing any warm body he could find on the court in the beginning and, IIRC, was facing some APR challenges as well, which factored into recruiting. It's simply not a good comparison at all.

True. When Crean came on board. IU gave up a scholarship. In order to prevent further damage from the NCAA.

7 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i was not a Crean fan, but he did a solid job getting us back from the absolute lowest point to respectability.  he just was not the guy to get us to the level we wanted to stay at.  he got as much as possible out of the 1st 3 years.  

I don't mean to argue, but I think that his third year was pretty poor considering the core of the team that he had there. Losing Maurice Creek hurt, but we were abysmal.

Still the talent on the team was evident: Hulls, Watford, Elston, Verdell Jones, Victor Oladipo, Sheehey, Tom Pritchard, Jeremiah Rivers, Matt Roth....

that team should not have performed as poorly as they did.

17 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i was not a Crean fan, but he did a solid job getting us back from the absolute lowest point to respectability.  he just was not the guy to get us to the level we wanted to stay at.  he got as much as possible out of the 1st 3 years.  

I agree with you. I have always thought Crean did a great job early. It was the last years. When turn overs and terrible to non existent defense was the normal.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

I agree with you. I have always thought Crean did a great job early. It was the last years. When turn overs and terrible to non existent defense was the normal.

Had he not burnt some bridges with Indiana high school coaches and OG not gotten hurt I think there is a good chance he would still be here

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Had he not burnt some bridges with Indiana high school coaches and OG not gotten hurt I think there is a good chance he would still be here

Refresh my memory as to what Crean did to PO the high school coaches?  Roster management was not in Tom Crean's vocabulary..

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well Crean did not get those until his 5th year and Archie did not inherit a great team either.

I’m not a Crean fan but he started with Kyle Tabor and Brett Finkelmeier while Archie started with Rob Johnson, Morgan, Davis etc. Think I know which roster I would pick. Crean still got in the sweet 16 in year 4. Maybe Archie also will get that far next year. Some of the pieces are coming together and I hope that happens.

Just now, Hoosier987 said:

It’s takes time...

Not this long, and our inconsistent play still hasn’t changed in year 3. Tonight’s game is another example and how long does it take? Just curious because I don’t consider zero improvement in our conference record in year 3 to be improving or showing any signs of changing. 

7 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

Not this long, and our inconsistent play still hasn’t changed in year 3. Tonight’s game is another example and how long does it take? Just curious because I don’t consider zero improvement in our conference record in year 3 to be improving or showing any signs of changing. 

This is where I am at.  Everyone says it is going to take Archie time.  After 2.5 years I am not seeing what is the attraction that he is going to get it done.  It is unwatchable basketball.  No heart.  Pathetic.  

21 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

Belein had a way worse record than Archie does through 3 years at Michigan. I think we’ve improved this year. We’re on the cusp of the NCAA tournament and 20 plus wins. We have 6 quad 1 wins...that’s more than 99% of the country. Everyone returns next year and we have our pg of the future....THE #1 PG IN THE COUNTRY which will be further improvement in the coming years. Not to mention Archie has locked down the State in terms of recruiting...regardless of what anyone may think that’s a big sign of a healthy program.

8 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Belein had a way worse record than Archie does through 3 years at Michigan. I think we’ve improved this year. We’re on the cusp of the NCAA tournament and 20 plus wins. We have 6 quad 1 wins...that’s more than 99% of the country. Everyone returns next year and we have our pg of the future....THE #1 PG IN THE COUNTRY which will be further improvement in the coming years. Not to mention Archie has locked down the State in terms of recruiting...regardless of what anyone may think that’s a big sign of a healthy program.

The 20 wins is deceiving. The ooc schedule was trash.  

2 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Can we lock this pos thread.  Its trash! Only feeds the idiots

Ya idiots? Name calling like a 4th grader haha I’m sorry that many IU alums/fans are tired of seeing the same crap in year 3 as in year 1. It takes time right? How long 5 years? 10? Heck I thought it was bad when I was a student with Davis Sampson and Crean but at least we made the tourney. So if you don’t like people not being happy about the state our program, then don’t read the thread 🤦‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Well for me having another losing conference record or at .500 and no improvement over 3 years I’m not sure how that’s supposed to instill confidence. 

3 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

I don’t agree with all of the posts in this thread but why do the posters that hate this thread read this thread?
It’s pretty easy to avoid (ie...don’t open it).

I won't speak for every one else that doesn't like this thread, but for me it comes down to the perception of the fan base and program. Perception is reality in the college basketball landscape and 41 page threads about a 3rd year coach being on the hot seat are going to be used to craft a narrative against Archie on the recruiting trail. 

1 minute ago, Indiana8585 said:

Well for me having another losing conference record or at .500 and no improvement over 3 years I’m not sure how that’s supposed to instill confidence. 

When the entire conference is essentially a Quad 1 game, people need to stop judging the entire trajectory of the program on conference win percentage. IU will be top 10 in the country in Quad 1 wins with no bad losses. That's an improvement.

Just now, PhinithreeMagic said:

When the entire conference is essentially a Quad 1 game, people need to stop judging the entire trajectory of the program on conference win percentage. IU will be top 10 in the country in Quad 1 wins with no bad losses. That's an improvement.

Then what do we judge on? The cupcake schedule to start the year? For all the it looks bad to have this thread posts, how does it look when we keep having poor results and underperform? 

Archived