The H🔥T Seat

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

Stevens number 1 but not realistic!

give me 

Pearl Or Beard

Mack would have been great but it’s too late!

Everyone says not realistic.  I say ask his price and see what he says.  If he says I don't think so, you offer to double his current salary with Boston and then see what he says.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

The guy is a bum.  The recruiting hasn’t been good, and his system is fundamentally flawed.  His brother has underachieved while cheating his ass off in recruiting, and Archie hasn’t recruited nearly as well.  It’s over.  We hired our John Groce, and he’ll be gone after next season.

Why the need to call him a bum just critique the job he is doing.

I like Dane Fife.  IU guy, can relate to today’s player, has recruited Indiana with success, knows the Big Ten, etc.  I think he would demand that his players play hard and smart or they would sit.  Head coaching experience could be seen as an issue but I think his multiple years at MSU under Izzo are just as valuable....I also like some of the other names mentioned in addition to Dane (Beard, Matta, etc)

2 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

If anyone in the administration is holding this program back then the real question becomes how can the fanbase/alumni/boosters/whatever force them out?

We’d be fools to force him out before the new AD has some time under his belt to develop a list of  potential replacements. That process alone should be done with a good 6-9 months of studying what’s out there, and what relates to IU best, not to mention a deep study of the areas of where each coach has failed along the way. I can’t stand watching this team try to play team basketball, but I’m giving Archie another full year so as we’re not doing this crap in another 4 years.

2 minutes ago, Milosh68 said:

We’d be fools to force him out before the new AD has some time under his belt to develop a list of  potential replacements. That process alone should be done with a good 6-9 months of studying what’s out there, and what relates to IU best, not to mention a deep study of the areas of where each coach has failed along the way. I can’t stand watching this team try to play team basketball, but I’m giving Archie another full year so as we’re not doing this crap in another 4 years.

That’s why I think he gets at least one more year. 

2 minutes ago, Milosh68 said:

Not Archie, those who are supposedly holding the program back intentionally that are in/connected to the program.  Because if that’s true then it doesn’t matter if you hire Phil Jackson, Bob Knight, John Wooden and Coach K to coach the program if that type of deliberate sabotaging is going on.

3 minutes ago, Milosh68 said:

A big criteria would be sustained success on a big stage (Power 5 conferences). 

Just now, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

I should have clarified, my bad.

But i agree Archie should get at least another year.

I don’t necessarily disagree but I don’t see it getting any better unless he asks Durham and Smith to not return....my guess is he would do just the opposite and  make them captains

2 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I’m surprised that nobody has mentioned John Beilien yet... 

Would love that but at his age and how long it would take to get his guys I don't think it will happen.  My question is that I see Pearl and now Beilein mentioned but look at their first 3 years at their schools it is not any better than Archie's first 3 years here.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Thank the lord that message board opinions represent less than 1/10th of 1/10th. Not saying there isn't frustration but you can't keep hiring and firing. Shame on the 10 fans who keep this thread going. 

But you can’t keep guys around that push the program further into irrelevance either....

Personally, I’d start at Stevens as well. Then I’d look to Donovan(again). After BD, I’d look at Beilien. Then I’d call Patino.

I want our next coach to have strong ties to the NBA. I don’t want another “next up and comer” type. 

I’m sorry, but I don’t have any “Indiana guys” at the top of my list. Knight wasn’t an Indiana guy, but there isn’t anymore of those Knight types around. 

My reasoning for wanting the NBA pedigree is that we need to be able to consistently recruit at an elite level. I don’t care what anyone says, we have to be able to recruit at least 3 top 75-100 kids in each and every class in order to compete on a national level. 

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

You don't know that.

No but Few has had his chances to leave and hasn't and if you watch the interview on CBSSports you would know he is not leaving.  It has been stated and I heard on an interview that Stevens doesn't want to come back to coaching in college.  Donovan is doing well at OKC and won't be going anywhere soon.

Archived