GAME DAY ! IU vs Iowa Pre-game thread

milehiiu

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

The term must win gets thrown around a lot, but this one really feels like a must win.  Win tonight and we are still on track for 9-11 in the B1G by winning out at home, 10-10 if we can pull a rabbit out of our hats and get one more on the road.  Either scenario should get us in.  Lose tonight and we are on pace for 8-12 just by winning out at home and would need two more on the road to get to 10-10.  8-12 might be enough, but I wouldn't bet on it, plus getting two more on the road feels like a bridge to far to cross.  

Yup. If the tournament started tomorrow, a win tonight would put us in and a loss would put us out. With 5 tough games in a row coming up, we need this one.  

There is something to be said for finishing the season in a winning fashion when selection Sunday comes around.  We cannot lose many more games and if we do tonight, that 5 in a row and if you're a bubble team who isn't on the rise, the committee will overlook you for better TV entertainment.  And you don't think that is true, look how many time we get put into Kentucky's bracket.

20 minutes ago, IUguy said:

Well, how does IU stop 3 pointers?  Purdue couldn't miss, then they could not hit one at home for most of the first half.  Is it IU's defense, or is it just bad mojo?

Yes Purdue hit a good percentage from 3 but it was not like they buried us with 3's.  They hit 8 and we hit 7 so they outscored us by 3 from 3 pointers.

52 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Very Anxious for this game to start.  Just a few hours out.  WIn or lose. I love, love, love it when OUR Hoosiers take the court in Assembly Hall.  GO HOOSIERS !

I prefer we win. I don’t settle anymore and to avoid aggravation I realize there are so many things more important than sports! I used to watch all sports but am down to watching IU basketball mostly sprinkled with some other college Bball. I don’t invest emotionally in IU basketball like I used to to upsetting to be where we are compared to where we need to be! But like you I still love it but not like I used to because it’s just a game!

Just now, macomb hoosier said:

Thanks for the good vibes. I'm usually pretty optimistic, but based on Archie's presser, I have a bad feeling about this one.

I have been a fan for over 54 years and for over half of them I felt that we would win every game that we played! Always fired up and especially on game day! Sadly I have not felt that way for a long time! Anymore I just hope for the best and many times still disappointed!

Hunter has hit 9 of 19 from the arc in his last 4 games. His game just seems on the rise even if it has been a slow rise.  Hopefully he can put it together and have a big game.  It would be great for building his confidence and maybe he can become a go to kind of scorer. This team needs a spark from someone. 

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Iowa doesn't like defense and has been known to not remember there's another side of the court. With that said...they'll score in the 70's. I'm just hoping we can too. 

They're not good with physical play either...it gets them a bit flustered...

Except for Garza that is...

Well hoping it’s not an onslaught of 3s from their guards tonight. Contain the outside shooting and we have a shot. Let them have free range on the perimeter going to be a long night. I may keep up on twitter and if we are playing competitively I’ll turn it on. Still so disappointed with the egg layed and the effort given for BKs homecoming and Purdue...hard for me to think if they can’t go full out for that one what will be different in this one??

Archived