GAME DAY ! IU vs Iowa Pre-game thread

milehiiu

2 minutes ago, Who-Dey Hoosier said:

Hoping for 40 minutes of energy and dedication.  Living here in Iowa and working with 75% Iowa grads, I talked a bit of smack today in the office.  Hopefully I can show my face tomorrow, help me out Hoosiers!!

Ken Pom called the game a one point win for the Hawkeyes.  So.... with some luck you will be able to save face in your office on Friday.  Thanks for being a HSN member as long as you have been.  Need to hear from you more often.   GO HOOSIERS !

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/10/2020 at 11:22 AM, iuthruandthru said:

I am not confident, but my hope is maybe losing at home to Purdue again in the day coach knight returned to AH might motivate these players to get their heads out of their rumps and play some inspired ball.

Side note:  Joey should have never cut his hair, the majority of the teams slide I blame on his hair

I don’t think anything can motivate these players!

3 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

I pay out the wazzoo for Cox Cable out here and I pay for BTN+ but I can't watch the game on my phone unless I am connected to my home wifi. What a bunch of crap. I will need scores tonight since the bar i am at doesn't have BTN. We better win this.

Game is on BTN. Sign up for Hulu TV. Get multiple devices. And be happy for the rest of your life.

8 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

I pay out the wazzoo for Cox Cable out here and I pay for BTN+ but I can't watch the game on my phone unless I am connected to my home wifi. What a bunch of crap. I will need scores tonight since the bar i am at doesn't have BTN. We better win this.

Try foxsports. That's how I watch BTN on my phone, ipad, roku, and xbox one. 

I think we look pretty good tonight....for awhile.  Maybe we are playing close, up a few points with about 5 minutes left in first half when Iowa goes on something like a 10-0 run to go into half.  Although we play tough in stretches, we make too many negative plays that keeps Iowa in control.  I picture us trying to claw back in, trying to get the score with 1-2 possessions, but we force a bad shot, or turn the ball over leading to a three on the other end.  5 point swings like these finally take away our intensity, and we all scratch our heads, pull our hair out, etc. as IU nation continues to wonder is it administration, coach or players.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  Sorry if this sounds negative and cynical, I beg one of you to copy this post and stick it back in my face after we pull out a gutsy and gritty win.  Go team.

Archived