A Historically Bad Stretch

39 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I was always under the impression that IU had one of the larger recruiting budgets in the B10...unless "the game" means these "gray areas" I'm always hearing about...is that it?

I am not in favor of playing those recruiting games and being in the gray area.  I guess which gray area you are talking about, if it is like Zion's family being able to get a house then then I am not in favor of that.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am not in favor of playing those recruiting games and being in the gray area.  I guess which gray area you are talking about, if it is like Zion's family being able to get a hose then then I am not in favor of that.

There's no real information about how they secured a loan for that house on the internet...I looked...

But I'd think bankers are keenly aware when someone is going to come into a substantial amount of money...treat his family right, and maybe you have a big time client...

If someone not associated with the University proposed to do that for a recruit in Bloomington would do that, would you be in favor of that? People get money on future prospects of income all the time...

I guess what I'm saying is as of now, there's nothing tying Duke University or Coach K to the loan or house...

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

There's no real information about how they secured a loan for that house on the internet...I looked...

But I'd think bankers are keenly aware when someone is going to come into a substantial amount of money...treat his family right, and maybe you have a big time client...

If someone not associated with the University proposed to do that for a recruit in Bloomington would do that, would you be in favor of that? People get money on future prospects of income all the time...

I guess what I'm saying is as of now, there's nothing tying Duke University or Coach K to the loan or house...

Nope would not want to see that here

Archived