Christian Watford Wat Shot T Shirt

IUFLA

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

There are 3 games with shots i remember the most.  87 Smart for the win, the 02 Duke missed free throw for the win, and the WatShot.

All great ones and a couple more that I remember is Jay Edwards shots against UM and PU and UI.  The UI is bad since it Nick Anderson had to hit a 35 footer to beat us.  Also Alford hit a game winning running shot at UM in 87.

5 minutes ago, McZevon said:

I was there for Alford's shot at UM in 87. We had a big lead and almost blew that game. I can still picture Knight standing in front of the UM student section and shaking his fists at them after Alford hit that shot.

Remember him jumping up and  down all the way across the court to the lock room

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Remember him jumping up and  down all the way across the court to the lock room

Enjoy.

One of my all time favorite games.  Alford was clutch.  Coach Knight jumping up and down and running off the court after the shot was awesome.

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Watched this  game on YouTube a few weeks ago

I was lucky enough to be at IU then.  Never missed going to a home game during my years.  Even went to New Orleans for the Final Four.  Good times and memories that are burned in my mind.   

Go Hoosiers!!!

The 3 OT win @Wisconsin was after that Michigan win.  Garrett got the put back for the win.  Another classic.

I'll never forget that one as well.  I believe it was a 9pm start which was pretty uncommon back then for us.  I think this was like the start of "Big Monday" with the doubleheaders on ESPN.  Knight went off about the start time.  It had to be midnite or after when that thing ended and that 8am class came awfully early the next day.

Go Hoosiers!!!

44 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Seems like he referred to Frieder as a "Chicken Sh#% SOB".  Lol

Go Hoosiers!!!

I always did like Bo Schembechler for summarily dismissing Frieder right before the tournament in 89...

"A Michigan man will coach Michigan!"

And damned if they didn't win it...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I always did like No Schembechler for summarily dismissing Frieder right before the tournament in 89...

"A Michigan man will coach Michigan!"

And damned if they didn't win it...

Lol that brings back memories of the IU win over Michigan in football.  "Bone Bo".

Major derail on the topic.   Cool shirt!!!

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived