Illinois star guard crumpled to the floor with injury on MSU game winning shot.

Hoosier76

Dosunmu goes down. You never want to see a kid get hurt. The severity of the injury could impact the Big Ten race. Being a Hoosier that lived in Illinois for a long time, I can’t stand (in sports) the Illini. But, I hope for the young man’s sake the injury isn’t severe. It’s a game (we all love) but still just a game.

There have been some early indicators that the exact spot on the floor where injury happened is where team took timeout just before. Perhaps plenty of sweat didn't get dried up. Either way shame that injuries can derail seasons if they prove as serious as they look. No one needs to tell us about injuries. From Scott to Landon to Alan to Gordon to Mo to Romeo....we've had several that either cost us a title or titles...to rebuilding a program sooner. Just hate it. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

There have been some early indicators that the exact spot on the floor where injury happened is where team took timeout just before. Perhaps plenty of sweat didn't get dried up. Either way shame that injuries can derail seasons if they prove as serious as they look. No one needs to tell us about injuries. From Scott to Landon to Alan to Gordon to Mo to Romeo....we've had several that either cost us a title or titles...to rebuilding a program sooner. Just hate it. 

I saw the fall.  He went down fast. And seemed to slide. What you are saying makes sense to me.

9 hours ago, Hoosier76 said:

Dosunmu goes down. You never want to see a kid get hurt. The severity of the injury could impact the Big Ten race. Being a Hoosier that lived in Illinois for a long time, I can’t stand (in sports) the Illini. But, I hope for the young man’s sake the injury isn’t severe. It’s a game (we all love) but still just a game.

Watching him from last year to this year, he would get my vote for most improved player in the league. The kid is an obvious NBA talent. So smooth. One of those guys that makes things look too easy. Reminds me of a bigger more athletic AJ Guyton.

Hope it isn't anything serious. Again, he is easily a first rounder this year. 

51 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Yep, initially looked more like a slip than an ACL blowout.  I would not be surprised if it's just a sprain, hopefully.

His leg bent back awkwardly.  Could only be a sprain, but could just as easily be more serious.  Let's hope not for the young man's sake.

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’d be gladly surprised if it were just a sprain.  That leg and knee took a lot of torque and bending at the same time.  He’s one of my favorite players to watch.  Hope he can come back even though I despise the Illini.

I hope he just hyperextended his knee and did not tear his ACL.  Being this late in the season he would not have time to heal before the draft if he was thinking of leaving.

16 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

His leg bent back awkwardly.  Could only be a sprain, but could just as easily be more serious.  Let's hope not for the young man's sake.

Kind of looked like he skidded. Then his sneaker caught traction. Which brought his leg under him.  Thinking it would have been better if he had just continued to skid.

58 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Yep.  Watching again it looked worse.  At first, watching live, I thought, ok, he skidded, now he's pissed in defeat.  Watching more closely, I wish him the best.  His a wiry type of kid.  Hope his body took that blow.  

Archived