New DL coach

I'm reading that he is the only coach to be named the FootballScoop Defensive Line Coach of the Year twice.  MSU has had some really solid defensive lines during his time there.

They led the B1G in rushing yards allowed 4 of his 7 years at MSU.

Everything I am reading, this sounds like our biggest hire yet.  Looks to be an incredible hire.

MSU fans appear to have nothing but good things to say about him.  Everyone seemed to be disappointed that he wasn't retained by Tucker.

Quick update. Burton changed his mind and is staying at Michigan St. Better to find out now I guess. News started spreading when a 21 recruit announced his offer on twitter from Coach Burton for Michigan St....not a good look for them at all. 

Allen will find someone who wants to be at IU. 

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Quick update. Burton changed his mind and is staying at Michigan St. Better to find out now I guess. News started spreading when a 21 recruit announced his offer on twitter from Coach Burton for Michigan St....not a good look for them at all. 

Allen will find someone who wants to be at IU. 

I guess that runs in the MSU family now.  Liars of a feather flock together.

41 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I guess that runs in the MSU family now.  Liars of a feather flock together.

Yep...Looks like IU dodged a “Josh McDaniels” situation....only on the defensive side. Hearing that flip, makes me glad he stayed. He would have been restless at IU. Coach needs committed coaches that want to stay.

17 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Weird. That would have been a huge get. 

And the really weird part is I feel very cool about the whole deal. Allen must really have some deep reach and respect among his peers....because his staff additions have just been phenomenal. Personally I wouldn't mind a coach with ties to Florida. Help keep that pipeline flowing. 

14 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I read on an MSU website that Tucker received a significant amount of money from the administration for his assistant staff hires.  I can imagine that may have come into play perhaps.

That would be my guess as well. I read $6 million for assistants.  No idea what a normal amount for assistants is, but they made it sound like it was a good sized bump.

1 minute ago, DeadOne said:

A little disappointing but you can’t blame the guy for wanting to stay where he’s been for the last number of years and had good success. Have confidence Allen will find a good addition to the staff.

There's plenty of blame. If he didn't want the blame, he never should have taken the IU job to begin with.  He easily could have waited a couple days to see if he could stay at MSU and what his salary would be.  He was back recruiting for MSU 2 days after he agreed to come to IU.  He'll fit in with Tucker a lot more than he'll fit in with Allen.

As you said though, I am really confident Allen will find a terrific replacement.

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And the really weird part is I feel very cool about the whole deal. Allen must really have some deep reach and respect among his peers....because his staff additions have just been phenomenal. Personally I wouldn't mind a coach with ties to Florida. Help keep that pipeline flowing. 

I'm hoping with Wright and Jones having good connections in Florida that our Florida recruiting will pick up again this coming year.

I hope whoever we get either has Florida or Indiana ties. Lots of good in state players coming up.

Archived