Jump to content

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Radio Zero said:

Lest we forget, it was the TEAM who voted those guys captains.

I wonder if the outcome would be the same if there was a 2nd vote....

Edited by DWB
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter played High school volleyball. In her Junior year. They had a wonderful senior girl who was voted captain. She was very positive, but wasn’t a strong player herself. The team struggles all season. Then at the end of the season. My daughter a junior spoke up in the locker room and told the team we are better then this. We are not playing hard and we can do better. 
the team went on a small winning streak and got to the sectional championship game. Something that no one though possible 5 games before that. My point is OK Greens your captain, he isn’t getting it done. So someone else needs to step in and wake these guys up! 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bob said:

My daughter played High school volleyball. In her Junior year. They had a wonderful senior girl who was voted captain. She was very positive, but wasn’t a strong player herself. The team struggles all season. Then at the end of the season. My daughter a junior spoke up in the locker room and told the team we are better then this. We are not playing hard and we can do better. 
the team went on a small winning streak and got to the sectional championship game. Something that no one though possible 5 games before that. My point is OK Greens your captain, he isn’t getting it done. So someone else needs to step in and wake these guys up! 

Thats kinda what CAM has been saying in his press conferences and show.  Time for real leadership to speak up.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Radio Zero said:

Lest we forget, it was the TEAM who voted those guys captains.

Devonte and Al brought brownies to practice the day of the vote.  🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Seriously though who would have been team Captain options for them?   That kinda thing usually goes to an upperclassman.   Deron or Justin didn't (and still don't)deserve it.   Rob wasn't(and still isn't) ready for that roll yet.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Indy1987 said:

Devonte and Al brought brownies to practice the day of the vote.  🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Seriously though who would have been team Captain options for them?   That kinda thing usually goes to an upperclassman.   Deron or Justin didn't (and still don't)deserve it.   Rob wasn't(and still isn't) ready for that roll yet.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Oh, I know:  there are only what, 11, 12 guys total from whom to pick?  I just wanted to counter the original poster’s “attitude reflects leadership” by pointing out that the entire team made this (apparently) lousy choice.  The screwiness flows both ways, involves both “Crean guys” and “Miller guys,” was countenanced by the head coach ... *sigh* ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a true leader.  That type of player who is going to stay 3 years.  Get better each year.  Lead by example, hustle, and heart.  Who the guys may not like but will have to listen too. 

Unfortunately, we haven't recruited that guy yet.  Yogi was the last of them in my opinion.  He was a guy that all my friends in iowa we saying, GOOD LORD when will this guy graduate.  That is what we need in a Captain.  Freshman or Senior.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Radio Zero said:

Oh, I know:  there are only what, 11, 12 guys total from whom to pick?  I just wanted to counter the original poster’s “attitude reflects leadership” by pointing out that the entire team made this (apparently) lousy choice.  The screwiness flows both ways, involves both “Crean guys” and “Miller guys,” was countenanced by the head coach ... *sigh* ...

Yea they did.  Smh.   If Rob could stay healthy maybe he'd be the guy.   Right now Dawg Bawls is right.  Brunk needs to be the captain.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Radio Zero said:

 the entire team made this (apparently) lousy choice. 

Maybe...maybe they all handed in their "ballots" to the coaches, and the coaches ignored the votes and made the choices...

Where's Mueller?

Edited by IUFLA
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Radio Zero said:

Lest we forget, it was the TEAM who voted those guys captains.

And this is the best indicator of who this team is. Half the players are in Greens camp and the other is in AL's camp. The players and the admin need to be in Archies camp and the captain needs to see to that. I like Al as a player always seems to be giving effort he sometimes forces things too much. Devonte. That kid is a turnover in the waiting with a horrible attitude. Add to the admin signing the death wish for IU athletics in 2014 mix it all up and bake it, and this is the product. Looks, acts like and is Shat! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jojo123 said:

And this is the best indicator of who this team is. Half the players are in Greens camp and the other is in AL's camp. The players and the admin need to be in Archies camp and the captain needs to see to that. I like Al as a player always seems to be giving effort he sometimes forces things too much. Devonte. That kid is a turnover in the waiting with a horrible attitude. Add to the admin signing the death wish for IU athletics in 2014 mix it all up and bake it, and this is the product. Looks, acts like and is Shat! 

What do you mean by “half are in Green’s camp and the other is in Al’s”? If I’m misreading your post, I apologize. But, that’s not typically how captains are selected. Every team I’ve ever been on that had player selected captains, the coach asked every player to write down the names of two players they think should be captain. Then the two players with the most votes were the two captains. 

It’s not like an election where you can only vote for one guy. 

Edited by BGleas
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...