Iowa post game

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

I’d go as far as to say I guarantee we’ll win at Michigan if we shoot 50% from three.

Look. There are going to be a few nights a year where you hit shots and blow a team out. 

Those nights are the exception not the rule. So to use them to project the rest of the season is silly. 

We will not be where you want to be in March.

I know. Man, we got lucky. And we were so fortunate how the ball just kept bouncing our way as we out rebounded them by 10.

We just got lucky and earned nothing!

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Really good win. Come on fans. Get this thing up to 28 pages. Who was the bush league reporter that just asked how inconsistent DG was?????

Right? He basically was insulting Devonte to his face. Also poor Race had to sit there for like 5 minutes before they finally asked him a question. 

4 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Loved the game plan tonight. Garza is a stud and let’s try to slow him down but focus more on not letting anyone else beat us. Justin might of not scored much but dang his defense was AMAZING tonight. Great win now keep the momentum!

Agree, stats show he played 40/40 minutes...b10 network postgame acting like Archie's game plan was brilliant letting Garza get his points.... 

Team A: Resume

16-8 overall record

4-6 versus Quad 1

Non-Conference Strength of Schedule - 235

Team B Resume

16-8 overall record

3-7 versus Quad 1

Non Conference Strength of Schedule - 174

Team C Resume

16-8 overall record

4-6 versus Quad 1

Non Conference Strength of Schedule - 92

Rank them

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

16-8 overall record

4-6 versus Quad 1

Team B Resume

16-8 overall record

3-7 versus Quad 1

Team C Resume

16-8 overall record

4-6 versus Quad 1

Rank them

1. C

2. A

3. B

The non-con schedule difference between A and B means absolutely nothing once it's past 150.  Overall wins + quality wins = NCAA tournament.  Give me 5 quad 1/2 wins and 20 wins with any strength of schedule, and I'll show you a team that's making the tournament.

Archie's postgame has been really interesting. "Devonte is a unique guy.. when he's engaged, he's really good. When he gets lethargic, down on himself.. you see a different player. We don't have time for that right now though and I think he realizes that. We don't have time for him to feel this thing out."

"Devonte starts and stops with his ability to show up ready to compete in practice. He's a competitive guy that hasn't practiced very well. He lets things gets to him and it carries over every day. He doesn't have that fire to fly out the next day." 

Not sure what else CAM could say here to point out the senior captain is not bringing what is necessary to win on a consistent basis.

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

16-8 overall record

4-6 versus Quad 1

Team B Resume

16-8 overall record

3-7 versus Quad 1

Team C Resume

16-8 overall record

4-6 versus Quad 1

Rank them

C is us isn’t it?

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

16-8 overall record

4-6 versus Quad 1

Team B Resume

16-8 overall record

3-7 versus Quad 1

Team C Resume

16-8 overall record

4-6 versus Quad 1

Rank them

A-3

B-2

C-1

Bingo!

5 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

1. C

2. A

3. B

The non-con schedule difference between A and B means absolutely nothing once it's past 150.  Overall wins + quality wins = NCAA tournament.  Give me 5 quad 1/2 wins and 20 wins with any strength of schedule, and I'll show you a team that's making the tournament.

C = Indiana

A = Illinois

B = Texas Tech

Yet, our good friend Jerry Palm has Illinois on the 6 line, Texas Tech on the 8 line, and IU on the 10 line

Lunardi has both Illinois and Texas Tech at the 7 line , while having IU in a play-in game as an 11.

Granted, both of those bracket projections were before tonight's win, but they point to a flaw somewhere in the NET rankings, which transfers to the bracket projections.  

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

C = Indiana

A = Illinois

B = Texas Tech

Yet, our good friend Jerry Palm has Illinois on the 6 line, Texas Tech on the 8 line, and IU on the 10 line

Lunardi has both Illinois and Texas Tech at the 7 line , while having IU in a play-in game as an 11.

Granted, both of those bracket projections were before tonight's win, but they point to a flaw somewhere in the NET rankings, which transfers to the bracket projections.  

Wait, what?

Palm and Lunardi point to a flaw in the NET that hurts IU’s resume?

Overall great game, surprised but happy with the results.  I would be happy if DG made this many threes every game but I will take 40% and playing with some fire like he did today.  Also key, three other players made a 3.  Rebounds, in particular offensive rebounds were big.  Plus just lots of scrappy play.  Also someone else said it but I really like what Archie said postgame.

I have been one to be disappointed in DG’s play this year but man he is the key to our success.  Good DG makes this team dangerous, I hope he stays this way the rest of the year.

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

I didn't get to see that game.  I know Devonte went off.  Would we have won had he not give that?  Did everyone else play good?  

Race played great.  But, no, IU probably would not have won if DG did not go off.  He single-handily created the double-digit lead in the first half.  Without that big lead, I don't see IU being able to pull out the win.  

6 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Wait, what?

Palm and Lunardi point to a flaw in the NET that hurts IU’s resume?

Did not say that.  Palm and Lunardi are doing nothing to ;hurt' IU's resume.  They are just doing a poor job recognizing that IU's resume is compares favorably to teams that have a higher NET rating, If quad 1 performance and SOS are not the foundation of the NET rating, then what the hell is? 

The amazing thing about Garza is he gets his in the flow of the game. He doesn't force it. And he's deadly both inside and out...

And we did have a good game plan for him. Be physical, and run a lot of different guys at him...Brunk was just not a good matchup against him at either end...he did have a couple of key turnovers that helped us out, but he's gotta be the B10 POY at this pointt, and in the conversation for National POY.

I thought both Justin and Race had outstanding floor games. Race earned more minutes tonight.

I sincerely hope Devonte can give us some steady play. He was great tonight, but the margin for error with him is so razor thin...

I liked seeing Hunter get chippy with Fran's kid who was running his mouth...too bad he got the tech...

Finally, was Damezi even on the bench tonight? I didn't see him...

Archived