Iowa post game

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Nice win. Good DeVonte showed up tonight, maybe his brother can go to Ann Arbor?

But Justin Smith, how many points did he leave on the floor trying g to make a highlight reel?

As I said, nice win. But I have to admit, I didn't feel too comfortable until 45 seconds left in the game.....

I don’t think any lead will make me feel comfortable with this team. Just the way it is this year unfortunately.

54 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The amazing thing about Garza is he gets his in the flow of the game. He doesn't force it. And he's deadly both inside and out...

And we did have a good game plan for him. Be physical, and run a lot of different guys at him...Brunk was just not a good matchup against him at either end...he did have a couple of key turnovers that helped us out, but he's gotta be the B10 POY at this pointt, and in the conversation for National POY.

I thought both Justin and Race had outstanding floor games. Race earned more minutes tonight.

I sincerely hope Devonte can give us some steady play. He was great tonight, but the margin for error with him is so razor thin...

I liked seeing Hunter get chippy with Fran's kid who was running his mouth...too bad he got the tech...

Finally, was Damezi even on the bench tonight? I didn't see him...

Yes he was 

2 hours ago, IDontWannaLargeFarva2 said:

I’d go as far as to say I guarantee we’ll win at Michigan if we shoot 50% from three.

Look. There are going to be a few nights a year where you hit shots and blow a team out. 

Those nights are the exception not the rule. So to use them to project the rest of the season is silly. 

We will not be where you want to be in March.

You are a real peice of work and are the embodiment of the real Farva and probably enjoy being deloused with powdered sugar and being relegated to the dispatcher role. 

Damn just enjoy a nice win and take life a day at a time. 

4 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Good win.  Nice effort throughout the game as well.  Be nice to see that effort carry over to the next 2 road games.

So true ! Just one time on the road please !!!!!  If we would fight on the glass like we did tonight ALL the time and play 40 minutes of defense like we did tonight we would win games even without 50% three point shooting !

3 hours ago, JugRox said:

I don’t think any lead will make me feel comfortable with this team. Just the way it is this year unfortunately.

You’re both right BUT ....I screamed at Justin smith much MUCH less this game because he played an unselfish defensive game which made it easier to swallow his missed dunks and lack of body control /wild shots going to the basket 

Yep. The sustained energy/passion was great to see. If we could just bring it  consistently, of course. Great win! On one hand, still much work to be done. On the other, the remaining games are not "unwinnable" pending which IU team shows up. Split personality squad.

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It appears that @bobtcat2and several others took the night off as well.  But, I;m sure they will be on at some point today to help celebrate the win.  :coffee:

Let me rephrase it...I took the night off from posting but was here watching and waiting for the "cheer block" to make an appearance.  

Great win for the guys and for the staff.  As many here have already noted:  If they take that mindset every time out... they can still achieve their goals.  Garza is a monster, clearly B1G POY and should be national POY, given the nightly competition in conference play.  Let's go get a road win on Sunday.

huge win to keep tourney hopes alive!  we were literally laughing like crazy when DG would launch.  you just knew it was going in last night.  wow!  still hard to imagine this team bringing it for a road win, but it's not like Mich or MN is all that great.  i'm still staying guarded and skeptical that we win many of the remaining games, but man, i want to see INDIANA in the big dance so bad!  there's always hope...

In my humble opinion, Trayce Jackson Davis, had his best OVERALL game of his fledgling IU career.  Yet, not one mention in the game thread, nor up till now in this post game thread.     A lot of talk about Garza. A lot of talk about Green. Understood.  However there are times that it takes a game like the one that TJD had, from keeping the game from falling apart.  Oh well.... it must be me. 

This team is so confusing, but I think we've seen the potential that is there in games like last night. We also made a nice run at the end of the season last year before flaming out in the BTT, so here's hoping we can do something similar this year. Also nice to see Devonte have a big game. I've been as hard on him as anyone else and a couple of those shots were of the "no, no, yes!" variety, but he jump started the effort last night, which was much needed. 

Definitely feel like Charlie Brown/Lucy with the football, though ...

8 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

This team is so confusing, but I think we've seen the potential that is there in games like last night. We also made a nice run at the end of the season last year before flaming out in the BTT, so here's hoping we can do something similar this year. Also nice to see Devonte have a big game. I've been as hard on him as anyone else and a couple of those shots were of the "no, no, yes!" variety, but he jump started the effort last night, which was much needed. 

Definitely feel like Charlie Brown/Lucy with the football, though ...

Well I for one am hoping we DONT flame out in the BTT.  Maybe you’d be better off over at the Rivals board.

Archived