Iowa post game

Now that I have given my kudos out to Trayce. I would like to give out a shout out to another guy who has barely gotten a mention. For the time he was in there, I thought De'Ron Davis gave a solid performance.  And I have been saying this since the beginning of the season.... if there is a better passing big man in the B1G... I don't know who it is.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Zville Hoosier said:

I get that Smith struggled offense last night (man can he leave points on the table) but I don’t think you can overlook the defense he played on Wieskamp. Shut down their #2 option for the most part. I like that Smith doesn’t force himself into the offensive action and takes what comes to him, and that he seems really locked in on D

to be fair, i agree that he is doing so much better than last year about not forcing offense.  

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Now that I have given my kudos out to Trayce. I would like to give out a shout out to another guy who has barely gotten a mention. For the time he was in there, I thought De'Ron Davis gave a solid performance.  And I have been saying this since the beginning of the season.... if there is a better passing big man in the B1G... I don't know who it is.

He has been making spectacular passes and has played a very u selfish senior year in general 

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Really good win. Come on fans. Get this thing up to 28 pages. Who was the bush league reporter that just asked how inconsistent DG was?????

Man I actually felt bad for Devonte when that douche asked that and the way he said it.  Smh.  Dude just came off one of his best nights this year and you ask him that?   I know we've all been hard on DG but that was uncalled for.

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 minute ago, Indy1987 said:

Man I actually felt bad for Devonte when that douche asked that and the way he said it.  Smh.  Dude just came off one of his best nights this year and you ask him that?   I know we've all been hard on DG but that was uncalled for.

Go Hoosiers!!!

I agree It’s ok for us to do it ...it’s not ok to ask him directly his face in a professional setting ...at least that wasn’t the time and place for it 

5 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Go Hoosiers!!!

It was Doyel. I guess he can justify it by asking saying he's just doing his job....but timing was poor form. 

38 minutes ago, rico said:

There are several that go by the same name...the Indiana based one is what Scott and I are talking about.  The last I knew there were only 3 left here.  Greenfield, Tipton, and Noblesville.

Yep...you're correct.  This place was a bbq family restaurant.  Not the same as the Greenfield eatery from checking the menu.

38 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

He isn't on any moch drafts at this point.  Its hard to see him not being picked up by someone. His only flaw is that he isn't very athletic but man he has a nose for the rim and can shoot the 3

Garza is the perfect player for..."why come back next year?"

If he has any intentions of playing professional basketball (drafted or not), he needs to leave after this year. His stock can't get any higher and why risk injury?

Even if he doesn't get drafted, someone will pick him up. Right??

He might be national player of the year. When is the last time a player won that and came back the following year?

51 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I really wish i could have watched the game but life gets in the way some time.

I watched the score on my phone and it looks like we never really were in trouble to lose this one.  

I know this team can't shoot the 3 like that every night but man how good would be we be if we could shoot 40% from 3 every game.  

Great win, go Hoosiers!!

Listen to it on tunein radio app. It's free...and love listening to our guys call it. Heck I listen to it even when it's on tv because we get the home announcers.

29 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I agree It’s ok for us to do it ...it’s not ok to ask him directly his face in a professional setting ...at least that wasn’t the time and place for it 

If the question is a fair question, it's a fair question - no matter the place.  We shouldn't hold ourselves to any lower standard just because we're anonymous.

Perhaps we should all remember how up in arms we are over that question the next time we (not picking on you specifically, partner) want to say utterly negative things about our own players.

1 minute ago, HoosierFaithful said:

If the question is a fair question, it's a fair question - no matter the place.  We shouldn't hold ourselves to any lower standard just because we're anonymous.

Perhaps we should all remember how up in arms we are over that question the next time we (not picking on you specifically, partner) want to say utterly negative things about our own players.

No offense taken but I may have come across wrong ...I’m not up in arms ...it was a fair question ...But I do think you handle amateurs differently than pros ....there is a more tactful time or way to bring up that point in my opinion ...maybe between games ...not after a tough loss where he plays horrible or a great win that he plays very well 

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It was Doyel. I guess he can justify it by asking saying he's just doing his job....but timing was poor form. 

And also I didn’t know it was doyel ...I’ve never seen him be aggressive especially with amateurs ( Jacoby Brissett being an Exception  as a pro also he gave him a pretty hard time ...deservedly ) ....it probably just came across wrong or was poorly timed if it was him ...he’s a decent dude 

18 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Garza is the perfect player for..."why come back next year?"

If he has any intentions of playing professional basketball (drafted or not), he needs to leave after this year. His stock can't get any higher and why risk injury?

Even if he doesn't get drafted, someone will pick him up. Right??

He might be national player of the year. When is the last time a player won that and came back the following year?

Maybe he enjoys college basketball.  I don't know why anyone would leave if they are not even projected to get drafted.  How can your draft stock go down any lower if you are not projected to be drafted this year.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I ain't Joe Lunardi...but I would feel pretty safe getting to 19 in the regular season.

I'd feel a lot better if at least one more of those were a quality road win if we aren't getting to 20. I look at the other B1G teams with similar records they all have now won at least 1 quality true road win. We have a good resume of wins...and should be really good with just home wins the rest of the way...but I don't want NOT having that quality road win standing out against us when others have one or two. It's either that or win a couple in the B1G tournament...that always helps because it's the last thing the committee sees and remembers.

20 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

First off didn't see it so I may be totally wrong and if so I'm sorry. I agree in principle with you as such I try to be very careful how I critic players. One difference is this is not a public setting. Second is the timing in which the question is asked. Finally I think the biggest difference most have is how it was said/asked. I believe it's a different standard for amateur and professionals and with most things it isn't what you are saying but how you are saying it often times that changes the tone and overall nature of a question. I do value your point...and we should all think twice about how we criticize and what we say about these kids.

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe he enjoys college basketball.  I don't know why anyone would leave if they are not even projected to get drafted.  How can your draft stock go down any lower if you are not projected to be drafted this year.

He isn’t going to go up in the draft next year. What exactly does he need to improve on? The point is to cash in when the stock is the highest.

If he wants to play professional (even over seas), playing an extra year is a years worth of money and risk of injury. 

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

First off didn't see it so I may be totally wrong and if so I'm sorry. I agree in principle with you as such I try to be very careful how I critic players. One difference is this is not a public setting. Second is the timing in which the question is asked. Finally I think the biggest difference most have is how it was said/asked. I believe it's a different standard for amateur and professionals and with most things it isn't what you are saying but how you are saying it often times that changes the tone and overall nature of a question. I do value your point...and we should all think twice about how we criticize and what we say about these kids.

yeah, I don't really have an opinion on the Doyel question, in truth.  He's a bit of a shock jock in written format, so I'm not surprised he toed the line.  I can see it either way.

My biggest point is that I've seen much more ridiculous questions/statements/assertions made on this board and it's a good moment to step back and realize that words matter and just because we're anonymous here doesn't mean people aren't reading it.

24 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

And also I didn’t know it was doyel ...I’ve never seen him be aggressive especially with amateurs ( Jacoby Brissett being an Exception  as a pro also he gave him a pretty hard time ...deservedly ) ....it probably just came across wrong or was poorly timed if it was him ...he’s a decent dude 

It was Doyel.  I can't tell you how many times he has done stuff like last night.  It is always about him.  The guy is a tool.  His questions of Justin Smith earlier in the year were far worse.

Archived