Indiana vs Michigan Pre-Game Thread

milehiiu

5 minutes ago, loviubb said:

ALL TEAMS WANT TO PLAY THEIR BEST AGAINST IU BECAUSE  WE ARE IU!!! 

Agreed. Especially during Crean's first two years. Took especial delight on putting a foot on IU's throat.  Knowing at that time . We were not the IU of old.

One other reason I hate Illinois fans.  They never gave IU a break, those first two years. While other fans from across the country, knew what was going on.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Agreed. Especially during Crean's first two years. Took especial delight on putting a foot on IU's throat.  Knowing at that time . We were not the IU of old.

One other reason I hate Illinois fans.  They never gave IU a break, those first two years. While other fans from across the country, knew what was going on.

AND  BLEW UP THE IU BRAND ! IU admitted THEIR violations! Most schools don't ! I have not followed as long as you ( Mile) But as YOU  I  ❤️ IU BRAND!!! WE ARE MAYBE THE LAST HONEST  BLUEBLOOD BRAND!! GO IU  and  piss on the rest!

30 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

There was no way I was going to watch the Iowa game because 4:30 AM comes awful early. Decided I wasn't even going to watch the tip because I might Jinx the team! Now I'm debating watching ANY game? How can I be an IU fan if I can't watch them?

Braille, maybe? 

30 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

There was no way I was going to watch the Iowa game because 4:30 AM comes awful early. Decided I wasn't even going to watch the tip because I might Jinx the team! Now I'm debating watching ANY game? How can I be an IU fan if I can't watch them?

There is no I in team! We appreciate it

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I've never met an Illini basketball fan who operates within a parsec of reality when it comes to their program's significance...

12 hours ago, loviubb said:

AND  BLEW UP THE IU BRAND ! IU admitted THEIR violations! Most schools don't ! I have not followed as long as you ( Mile) But as YOU  I  ❤️ IU BRAND!!! WE ARE MAYBE THE LAST HONEST  BLUEBLOOD BRAND!! GO IU  and  piss on the rest!

Correct. The Illinois fans on the old Scout board.  Led by a previous member of a branch of one of our military took particular glee in jumping with joy over Sampsongate. Instead of pointing out that IU self-reported, and even withdrew one scholarship as a result. They just pounded IU.  All the while. just a few years previously, when Bruce Pearl turned Illinois in due to violations, while Illinois was already under probation. And the Illinois fans jumped with joy when the NCAA cleared Illinois of the Pearl accusations. 

All the while failing to mention that the NCAA extended the probation that Illinois was already on. Why ?  Because during their investigation of Pearl's accusations, the NCAA found more UNREPORTED violations !

The first probation prior to the extension as a result of the Pearl investigation :

Illinois Basketball Put on Probation, Barred From NCAA Tourney - Los Angeles Times

9 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Correct. The Illinois fans on the old Scout board.  Led by a previous member of a branch of one of our military took particular glee in jumping with joy over Sampsongate. Instead of pointing out that IU self-reported, and even withdrew one scholarship as a result. They just pounded IU.  All the while. just a few years previously, when Bruce Pearl turned Illinois in due to violations, while Illinois was already under probation. And the Illinois fans jumped with joy when the NCAA cleared Illinois of the Pearl accusations. 

All the while failing to mention that the NCAA extended the probation that Illinois was already on. Why ?  Because during their investigation of Pearl's accusations, the NCAA found more UNREPORTED violations !

The first probation prior to the extension as a result of the Pearl investigation :

Illinois Basketball Put on Probation, Barred From NCAA Tourney - Los Angeles Times

Our great military should not be brought into any of the mishaps of Indiana athletics! God bless all who serve this great nation!!

so my best attempt at being positive... i don't think we are going to win these next 2 road games, but... it's not like they are great teams.  if we can somehow pull even 1 of these next 2 out and then win the last 2 home games against MN and Wisc, i'll like our chances for the tourney.  i just have a really hard time seeing us beating Penn St. even at AH.  now, of course i think it's a possibility.  that would also seal the deal i would think.  i'm just not seeing that one, @ Purdouche, or @ Illinois.  i'm going into this one with guarded optimism.   

Sunny up here today in NE Indiana which makes me optimistic 🙂.  So I figure every basketball court is the same size, thank you Coach Dale, and the talents and abilities of our beloved Hoosiers are about where they were a few days ago. Thus, the most important variable in this contest today is on the mental approach - believing in themselves, blocking out the crowd noise, etc. We all get this. All very doable and I will be one Hoosier fan cheering them on full-force and sending lots of good vibes, karma, prayers - whatever it takes! - their way today!  You got this, guys! 

26 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

UM 67

IU 55

Road games are no longer appointment television for me, I'll be getting drunk at a winery in Michigan instead. 

Michigan has some pretty neat winery's.  Don't know where you are located. One of my favorite is the Round Barn Estate in Southern Michigan.

Round Barn Estate | Round Barn

Maybe you will be lucky enough to find a winery with a tv.  Enjoy your day. 

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Michigan has some pretty neat winery's.  Don't know where you are located. One of my favorite is the Round Barn Estate in Southern Michigan.

Quick tangent here - I love how this sports board often goes in the direction of food and beverages 🙂

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

That's where we're going! Love Round Barn. I'm in northern Indiana which has proximity to some world class wineries in southern Michigan.

Hopefully they have a tv and can catch some of it.

1 minute ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Game Day Essentials for Indiana at Michigan.  The stat to watch might just be the rebounding margin -- and especially on the offensive end for IU.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-game-day-rebounding-key-to-hoosiers-success-as-they-return-to-road-at-michigan/

Good read. Looking at the overall stats rebounding (IU) and assist to turnover (UM) were the only ones I saw where there was a significant advantage. 

I'm thinking...

Smith on Livers

TJD on Wagner

Brunk on Teske

Durham on Brooks

Phinisee on Simpson

I think it'll be a close, fun game to watch...I just hope we come out on top...

Archived