Say Cheese.

milehiiu

No. Not for a picture. But for a cheese discussion thread. First of all. Do you enjoy cheese ?

I do. As a snack.  Favorite is sharp cheddar.  Also love blue cheese salad dressing.

So... HSN. If you enjoy cheese.  What's your favorite?  And how do you like to eat it ?

Lastly, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger !

33 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

No. Not for a picture. But for a cheese discussion thread. First of all. Do you enjoy cheese ?

I do. As a snack.  Favorite is sharp cheddar.  Also love blue cheese salad dressing.

So... HSN. If you enjoy cheese.  What's your favorite?  And how do you like to eat it ?

Lastly, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger !

Love sharp cheddar with some Ritz crackers and some summer sausage.  Not the same but been on a Cottage Cheese kick for a little while 

I love cheese as long as it doesnt stink too much and it's not goat cheese.

My favorite is any kind of swiss. I eat it straight, on crackers, or on a roast beef or corned beef sandwich.  Second place is smoked gouda.  

Off the floor too if it passes the 5 second rule. Crap, I have something in common with Tom Izzo.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Love sharp cheddar with some Ritz crackers and some summer sausage.  Not the same but been on a Cottage Cheese kick for a little while 

One of my fav breakfast things to eat.  Cottage cheese with a little bit of pepper sprinkled on top. With a hot cup of Lipton tea.

1 hour ago, hoosierfan615 said:

I love cheese! Especially anything sharp like sharp cheddar, blue cheese, feta. I’m partial to Parmesan as well. My family teases me that at my funeral, they’re all planning to throw shredded cheese into my grave before they cover me up!

Oh yeah. When we have family/friends over for occasions. My wife will go out and put together a plate of all types of cheeses.  Ummm.

58 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Cottage cheese on a baked potato with hot sauce. 

The real question is large or small curd?  I'm prefer small curd. 

Interesting that you bring up the size of the curd of cottage cheese. We have a weekly milk delivery . And I do order their cottage cheese. However, their curds are too small, for my liking. I prefer a larger curd. So.... I buy most of my cottage cheese at the grocery store.... unless I am too lazy to go to the grocery store.  And then when I get the home delivery, I wish I had gone to the store.  LOL

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

After looking it up I guess I would say we all have our limits. Haha.

Pick up a package in the store somtime and just give it a sniff...smells like someone packaged up a turd...

But I had an uncle that loved just plain old Limburger sandwiches...

10 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Got me mile, I had to stop at the grocery to buy a block of extra sharp cheddar and some pimento cheese spread after reading this thread. Now I just have to keep from eating the whole block within 10 minutes of opening the package!

I hear ya. Been nursing a package of sharp cheddar for a week now. 

25 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

A good Pimento Cheese sandwich is awesome. I stress good pimento cheese because there are some pretty bad recipes.

One summer I worked for a friends family cantaloupe farm in Knox county,  his Mom made cheese spread just about every day. Farmers wives know how to take care of workers at "supper time" lunch was bigger than most dinners

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

One summer I worked for a friends family cantaloupe farm in Knox county,  his Mom made cheese spread just about every day. Farmers wives know how to take care of workers at "supper time" lunch was bigger than most dinners

Never worked on a farm. Summers as an IU student, I worked in the steel mill in Gary, Indiana. Bring your bagged sammi.  Yet. I have heard what you are saying about farmer's wives making a great lunch for the farm workers.  Thanks for sharing that story.

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

That brings back a memory. My sophomore year of high school one of my basketball teammates' dad had a watermelon farm. He hired a few us harvest melons. About 3 weeks of 12 hrs days if I remember right. And if you were in the wagon you better be quick cause you had melons coming at you from both sides of the wagon. 

But all you could eat watermelon was a good bonus. 

26 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

That brings back a memory. My sophomore year of high school one of my basketball teammates' dad had a watermelon farm. He hired a few us harvest melons. About 3 weeks of 12 hrs days if I remember right. And if you were in the wagon you better be quick cause you had melons coming at you from both sides of the wagon. 

But all you could eat watermelon was a good bonus. 

Was it in Knox county by chance 

41 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Never worked on a farm. Summers as an IU student, I worked in the steel mill in Gary, Indiana. Bring your bagged sammi.  Yet. I have heard what you are saying about farmer's wives making a great lunch for the farm workers.  Thanks for sharing that story.

That summer was my first summer after my first year teaching. Gene Hall was coach at Linton and I worked with him and his brother Aaron on the family farm

Archived