Say Cheese.

milehiiu

38 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Never worked on a farm. Summers as an IU student, I worked in the steel mill in Gary, Indiana. Bring your bagged sammi.  Yet. I have heard what you are saying about farmer's wives making a great lunch for the farm workers.  Thanks for sharing that story.

What a difference twenty miles can make! You worked in a steel mill and I worked at Indiana Dunes State Park (High School) and Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore (now National Park)        ( College)

12 hours ago, Drroogh said:

What a difference twenty miles can make! You worked in a steel mill and I worked at Indiana Dunes State Park (High School) and Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore (now National Park)        ( College)

And my father had a store in MIller, on Lake Street..... even closer to Dunes State Park. 

8 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Back in the day, when I was on the fire department, we were a distribution spot for the government cheese program. We would get 2-3 pallets of good ole Government American cheese. That was so awesome that I wouldn't poop for 2 weeks after the hand out week. It was just plain ole Merkin' but dang it was good. 

Had to take a second look.  Over the years, one of our most iconic members/posters was a guy whose user name was Government Cheese. In fact your post is kind of like something he would post.  Thanks for being a member. 

I'm a Philly cream cheese fanatic...

Philly cream cheese on a toasted everything bagel with a slab of lox and a slice of tomato...

Or a deep fried jalapeno stuffed with Philly cream cheese...

And then there's these lovelys...shrimp brochette...shrimp stuffed with a sliver of jalapeno and Monterey Jack cheese, wrapped in bacon, and drizzled with garlic butter...Pappasito's has the best...

Screenshot_20200216-085021.png

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Philly cream cheese on a toasted everything bagel with a slab of lox and a slice of tomato...

And then there's these lovelys...shrimp brochette...shrimp stuffed with a sliver of jalapeno and Monterey Jack cheese, wrapped in bacon, and drizzled with garlic butter...Pappasito's has the best...

Screenshot_20200216-085021.png

I have been filling the ribs of celery with cream cheese since I was a teenager.  Makes a great snack.

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Any time we get near North Atlanta, my boss want's to eat at Pappasito's. Going to have to remember this choice. Thanks!

Archived