Michigan Post Game

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost a road game. Not uncommon. Very important week. We get both and all will be fine this time next Sunday. Really proud of De'Ron Davis. Otherwise I don't have a whole lot comment on. Pretty disappointed in a few of the players who just didn't look engaged. Finish of the game is less than 5 minutes old and I'm onto the next. Maybe that might be a problem. 

At this point the blame needs to go everywhere.  The state of IU basketball is dire.  Players, Coaches, Administration should all be ashamed of this.  Unfortunately I don't know how much the administration cares.  So that's where the changes need to start otherwise nothing is going to change.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Lost a road game. Not uncommon. Very important week. We get both and all will be fine this time next Sunday. Really proud of De'Ron Davis. Otherwise I don't have a whole lot comment on. Pretty disappointed in a few of the players who just didn't look engaged. Finish of the game is less than 5 minutes old and I'm onto the next. Maybe that might be a problem. 

It’s not uncommon to lose road games. What is uncommon, and why Indiana doesn’t rate well in any of the rankings, is losing all of your road games by 15-20+. 

IU doesn’t even compete on the road. That’s the difference. 

6 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Getting to the point where it A)is not worth getting upset about and B)you should not waste your time watching away games.

We may figure out a way to limp into the NCAA tournament, but man we really don't deserve it.

I don’t see us dancing again this year!! Would be really sad to miss four years straight!!

8 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Getting to the point where it A)is not worth getting upset about and B)you should not waste your time watching away games.

We may figure out a way to limp into the NCAA tournament, but man we really don't deserve it.

Today didn't change much in my mind, they needed to win out at home before and same now.

Very,Very,Very disappointing effort once again on the road.  I was totally wrong thinking this team had maybe bought into what Archie was trying to teach them.  When you play no defense at all and have only two players so up(Davis,Al) you have no shot.  TJD, Smith and RP was total no shows today and effort was horrible.  Offense was not great but it was acceptable for the most part but they need to change how they play defense.  They could not keep their guards in front of them which led to easy layups or wide open 3's.  I thought if they could limit the role players for UM like Wagnor, Johns and Brooks we would have a good chance but they killed us.

12 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Will still watch every game win or lose because I will always be an IU fan

Pathetic on Defense. How many freaking layups did we give up??! Hedging ball screens from 30 feet away is well not ideal. Hedging closer to the basket where you don’t have to run a mile to get back to your man is ok.. defense transition was so bad. And that’s what infuriates me because it requires no skill just effort to get back. To top it all off we let them rebound something like 40% of their missed shots... ridiculous.. side note. What happened to Rob? Thought he was a good on ball defender. He couldn’t contain a rocking chair right now. Did Simpson even break a sweat? Sad.

Archived