Michigan Post Game

Like, can we please stop with the pac line non-offense?  Im not going to call it defense because its hard to call what we just witnessed defense.  Getting to the point where i just want to see 5-6 guys that will go out and rip a guys head off to get the ball and play overflowing with heart and passion.  I DO NOT CARE WHERE YOU LIVE, YOU DO. NOT HAVE TO BE FROM INDIANA TO BE AN "INDIANA" KID.  I want to see kids that  give everything, every play, every game.  I dont care if kids mess up as long as they arent half assing it.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

It’s definitely no longer worthy of getting upset over. I’m to the point where I’d rather travel and watch good high school basketball instead of driving to Bloomington, when they’re playing at home. Hope something changes soon because it’s becoming numb. 

I di something constructive today..... went to work, and made over 2 grand. A good day of work is better than watching a bad IU team.

15 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

At this point the blame needs to go everywhere.  The state of IU basketball is dire.  Players, Coaches, Administration should all be ashamed of this.  Unfortunately I don't know how much the administration cares.  So that's where the changes need to start otherwise nothing is going to change.

Nothing is going to change...same starters, same over play high hedge, same dribbling around the perimeter until there’s little time left, same missed layups, same missed free throws, same lack of enthusiasm by staff and players.  And I didn’t think I could feel worse about the state of the program...

3 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Pathetic on Defense. How many freaking layups did we give up??! Hedging ball screens from 30 feet away is well not ideal. Hedging closer to the basket where you don’t have to run a mile to get back to your man is ok.. defense transition was so bad. And that’s what infuriates me because it requires no skill just effort to get back. To top it all off we let them rebound something like 40% of their missed shots... ridiculous.. side note. What happened to Rob? Thought he was a good on ball defender. He couldn’t contain a rocking chair right now. Did Simpson even break a sweat? Sad.

Amazing how numerous non basketball coaches can say the same thing. The big men hedging is incredibly stupid and clearly has no effect on opposing teams guards. They drive and slash us at ease. 

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

OK.  Good for you?

I was not turning in my IU fan card, if you want to continue to be "entertained" in this manner, more power to you.

My thinking if I can't stick with them through the bad time I don't deserve to come back when the program starts winning.  I am very upset with how we play especially on the road but it does not keep me from watching  a game.

3 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Like, can we please stop with the pac line non-offense?  Im not going to call it defense because its hard to call what we just witnessed defense.  Getting to the point where i just want to see 5-6 guys that will go out and rip a guys head off to get the ball and play overflowing with heart and passion.  I DO NOT CARE WHERE YOU LIVE, YOU DO. NOT HAVE TO BE FROM INDIANA TO BE AN "INDIANA" KID.  I want to see kids that  give everything, every play, every game.  I dont care if kids mess up as long as they arent half assing it.

It seems the packline defense (at least how we play it) is designed to force the opponent to make unguarded shots.

17 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It’s not uncommon to lose road games. What is uncommon, and why Indiana doesn’t rate well in any of the rankings, is losing all of your road games by 15-20+. 

IU doesn’t even compete on the road. That’s the difference. 

This is me.  IU isn’t even competitive on the road.  I remember when IU use to play Northwestern and I hated it because they were so bad when they came to Assembly Hall.   I wonder if fans on the opposing teams are thinking that about us.  The ticket sales probably are low for our road games.  It’s not even close.  Crazy thing is, we have to play out of our minds and have 30 from Green to win at home.  It’s bad, really bad.

The lack of defense was hideous, obviously.  Michigan could have scored 90-100 if they didn’t step off the gas, but the poor defense also hurt us on offense.  We barely had any fast breaks.  You can get out and push it after good defensive plays, and we didn’t have much of that at all.  

Archie is supposed to put a premium on defense and this was pathetic.  Defense is supposed to travel and keep you in games where you don’t hit well on a particular night.  We were opposite of that.  

2 minutes ago, IU5355 said:

Amazing how numerous non basketball coaches can say the same thing. The big men hedging is incredibly stupid and clearly has no effect on opposing teams guards. They drive and slash us at ease. 

Hedging closer to the basket so the guard can’t turn the corner and get down hill is great! But hedging from 30 feet is just dumb. Just go underneath the screen from that far out .. not that freaking hard 

Just now, IU Scott said:

My thinking if I can't stick with them through the bad time I don't deserve to come back when the program starts winning.  I am very upset with how we play especially on the road but it does not keep me from watching  a game.

I watch when I want to and when I can.  They cannot hear me cheering or grousing from my living room either way.  Additionally, I have been "sticking with this" since most of our players were either in diapers or were a twinkle in their Dad's eye.  I've paid my dues in bad basketball...enough so that I don't feel any twinge of guilt of not watching a game played by kids who appear to care less about the outcome.  That is generally IU on the road.

3 minutes ago, BEKA said:

Aside from the losing part, watching games like this just isn't enjoyable in the slightest. I'm slowly but surely checking out on this season because I've seen enough garbage ball for a lifetime the past couple of months. 

DVR is your friend. At least you can find what the outcome is before you decide whether or not to watch it.

Archived