Michigan Post Game

10 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Why?? This team does not deserve to be in The Dance... 

Even "IF" they do, they will probably play like poop!!!!!

Because it's my favorite sporting event and I enjoy it more when they're in.  Of course would be more fun if the team had a chance to make second weekend 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archie deserves blame for sure, but how to you coach guys who allow players to drive by them repeatedly and leave their man wide open under the basket at the same time?  That was pathetic.  Also wtf Brunk? 

Cut the crap and switch to man-to-man or a basic 2-3.  These guys aren't even close to being able to run the pack-line.

1 minute ago, bobtcat2 said:

Because it's my favorite sporting event and I enjoy it more when they're in.  Of course would be more fun if the team had a chance to make second weekend 

It is better when we are in it, no doubt but it is still my favorite sporting event of the year.  I have already put my request in at work for my two days off on the Thursday and Friday of the first round.

1 minute ago, CapnRon said:

Archie deserves blame for sure, but how to you coach guys who allow players to drive by them repeatedly and leave their man wide open under the basket at the same time?  That was pathetic.  Also wtf Brunk? 

Cut the crap and switch to man-to-man or a basic 2-3.  These guys aren't even close to being able to run the pack-line.

Archie’s the one who’s chosen to make Brunk the focal point of this team.

Hopefully this game gets posted on YouTube.  I'm planning on going through and putting links to all the times the high hedge hurt us in the 1st half.  Not just the layups.  The 2nd or 3rd pass for an open 3, the mismatches because a guard has to recover to their big man, the guy beating 4 of our players for a rebound because he was wide open under the basket because Brunk was still recovering from hedging.  I bet we gave up 20 points in the 1st half directly from that hedge.

Maybe I'll send it to the coaching staff.  That has to be the dumbest defensive decision I have ever seen.  We're down to 66th in Kenpom's defensive rating.  For a coach who is supposed to be a great defensive coach, that is horrible.  Even Crean had 3 seasons ranked higher than that on defense.

For everyone who likes to bring up Bennett at Virginia needing some time, in his 3rd season, Virginia was ranked the 5th best defense on Kenpom.

Serious question: if Green, Davis and this Hoosiers team do not make the tournament.... how many players over the course of Indiana University’s basketball history have failed to reach the tournament their entire career? 

P.S. They have to have played at IU from their freshman season throughout their senior seasons. 

1 minute ago, Danomatic said:

Serious question: if Green, Davis and this Hoosiers team do not make the tournament.... how many players over the course of Indiana University’s basketball history have failed to reach the tournament their entire career? 

P.S. They have to have played at IU from their freshman season throughout their senior seasons. 

Pretty sure it has not happened since before RMK got here

So, who, if anyone, affiliated with IU, do you think 'cared' today.  

• I did not see another player get in a teammate's face.
  • I did not see the coaching staff light a fire or make lineup changes

De'Ron, bless his heart, was an absolute beast, but even before he landed on his head, he was asking to come out of the game.  If I'm having the kind of game he's having and I'm getting pissed at the coach for even considering taking me out, let alone asking to come out.  

At halftime of the Butler / Georgetown game yesterday, Patrick Ewing was asked about how he would handle it if his players got fatigued, and he responded "They can worry about how tired they are tomorrow."  That's the type of commitment to the game I want from IU's coaches and players.

3 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

It looks like 1968-1972 was the last window of 4+ years between tournament appearances. 

Also, I thought bringing in Franklin with 10 seconds left in the 1st half to commit 2 cheap fouls just to save a few seconds was so dumb.  Franklin didn't look happy at all after that 2nd foul.  I think it was the only time he played until the very end of the game.  Why would you do that to a promising freshman?  Archie seems so out of touch with dealing with player's emotions.

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Also, I thought bringing in Franklin with 10 seconds left in the 1st half to commit 2 cheap fouls just to save a few seconds was so dumb.  Franklin didn't look happy at all after that 2nd foul.  I think it was the only time he played until the very end of the game.  Why would you do that to a promising freshman?  Archie seems so out of touch with dealing with player's emotions.

Yeah.  If you feel you need to make those fouls in that situation, have a walk-on do it.  Don't make a 'joke' out of a scholarship player.

5 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I just do not understand this team!! 

Archived