Michigan Post Game

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Beowulf50 said:

Nothing changes and more of the same!! 

At this point, options are limited. 

Play who we have been playing and have a 50/50 shot at making the tournament.

Play the younger guys, build for the future, and we are even worse in  the short term and would almost certainly miss the tournament.

So if we stay the same, we are not going to be happy. We get worse, to get better, his bosses would likely not be happy.

As Paulie said, it is what it is. This team is what it is. And at this point, there are likely not any rabbits to pull from a hat.

What that means long term, I am mixed about. In the end, I will support his team with low expectations and hope for the best. 

Long term. I do still have beleif Achie is a good coach.

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

At this point, options are limited. 

Play who we have been playing and have a 50/50 shot at making the tournament.

Play the younger guys, build for the future, and we are even worse in  the short term and would almost certainly miss the tournament.

So if we stay the same, we are not going to be happy. We get worse, to get better, his bosses would likely not be happy.

As Paulie said, it is what it is. This team is what it is. And at this point, there are likely not any rabbits to pull from a hat.

What that means long term, I am mixed about. In the end, I will support his team with low expectations and hope for the best. 

Long term. I do still have beleif Achie is a good coach.

Man I want to believe Archie is a good coach!! Indiana cannot miss the tournament four years in a row!! 

1 hour ago, Beowulf50 said:

Man I want to believe Archie is a good coach!! Indiana cannot miss the tournament four years in a row!! 

Yeah, I here ya. And I see things that concern me. I also see Archie as frustrated as us sometimes . I just get the sense (nothing to go on) that If we are patient, it will pay off.

Maybe my heart speaking moe than my brain. But I do like Archie as a coach. I feel there is a lot we do not know.

26 minutes ago, AshtonHershey said:

It looks like 1968-1972 was the last window of 4+ years between tournament appearances. 

Thanks, I just couldn’t remember when or if this had happened before. I don’t know why it’s so difficult for these coaches to light a fire under these kids. I mean, I do see a lot of entitled kids on the AAU scene and parent/other coaches not teaching the kids accountability. I stress this and nip it in the bud, right out of the gate, so there isn’t any confusion. Now I also understand that I’m not a division one coach at a power five program, but I’d love to hear why Archie can’t light them up. So over the careless crap we’ve been watching. I can respect a losing team if they’re leaving it all out on the floor, but we’re getting blown out regularly on the road. Not one ounce of fight, or heart. 

5 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Yeah, I here ya. And I see things that concern me. I alo see Archie as frustrated at us sometimes. I just get the sense (nothing to go on) that I we are patient, it will pay off.

Maybe my heart speaking moe than my brain. But I do like Archie as a coach. I feel there is a lot we do not know.

I totally agree!! The behind the scenes stuff is ridiculous!!

44 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Also, I thought bringing in Franklin with 10 seconds left in the 1st half to commit 2 cheap fouls just to save a few seconds was so dumb.  Franklin didn't look happy at all after that 2nd foul.  I think it was the only time he played until the very end of the game.  Why would you do that to a promising freshman?  Archie seems so out of touch with dealing with player's emotions.

I don’t understand complaining about this? We had 2 fouls to give so we completely slowed them down from being able to inbound with a full head of steam and get off an easy shot. Smart strategy and it worked. 

If Franklin is mad about playing his role at the end of the half (which I don’t think he is), then maybe that’s part of the problem with IU basketball right now. 

Ignoring an the things that CAM cannot change.  The recruits he has.  The administration he has and how much anyone cares.

There are still things that bother me.

1. Starting the same 5 players, every game and half.  Which is weird since he subs 210 times a game.  Might at all just roll dive for who starts.  But he is inflexible on this.

2. The substitutions.  I don't think I have ever seen a team sub so many guys so often

3. The same defense and offense all game.  Regardless of what's happening.  Up 10 or down 20, the exact same thing.  Let's hedge 47 feet out with our bigs.

4. the inability to either run an offense utilizing TJD or yet your team to follow it.  Every coach and announcer says the same thing.  Why isn't he getting touches.. 

I wish I had gotten to see the Iowa game.  Maybe I would have been feeling better about this team going into and out of this loss

Archie subs stupidly!  He subs the same players at the same time reguardless of how they are playing, NEVER is there a time to take out a hot player. You take people out for bad play and reward for good play. Plus he can't coach offence. I starting to doubt he can tell good players from bad.

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Crapsketball.

I would get more enjoyment out of passing a kidney stone right now. 

At least once you pass it, everything is looking good for a year or two! The fact CAM didn’t clear he bench, with about 14:00 to go in the second half, tells me I’m pissing rocks for a while. ... and I’m (was) a CAM supporter. 

I'm sorry but I just want Crean recruited players gone and reset the program. Then if Archie still cant turn things around in a few years, he's the one to be blamed. These upperclassmen are just bad players and not even smart. Nor a lot if teams can win with these players. Especially when they're leaders of the team.

6 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

I'm sorry but I just want Crean recruited players gone and reset the program. Then if Archie still cant turn things around in a few years, he's the one to be blamed. These upperclassmen are just bad players and not even smart. Nor a lot if teams can win with these players. Especially when they're leaders of the team.

Crean recruited De'Ron. I was in the Overland gym the night Coach Crean was there.  De'Ron was arguably the best player in today's game against Michigan. Yet. YOU want him gone.  Well  sir.  Soon you will be getting your wish.

9 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Very very true 

58 minutes ago, Beowulf50 said:

Nothing changes and more of the same!! 

Being sarcastic -  it must be part of the Bill of Rights.

Just realized that what Fisch is saying is that Archie and staff is not allowed to do anything physical in practice, especially loose ball drills.

Also, allowing rolls and back door cuts is part of the strategy because a 2 is better than a 3.

Yes, I am being sarcastic.

I really don’t understand the game plan going in. Michigan’s bigs aren’t that athletic, but instead of getting the ball to our best player against them, we’re feeding Joey, who slowed down the entire offense - guys were just standing around watching him get stuffed repeatedly. We get the b-ball inside to TJD early in the second half for a 3 point play, get one of their bigs his third foul,  and then we don’t really go back to it. I’m honestly kind of baffled at what seems to be  pretty obvious stuff here. 

12 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Archie recruited players Franklin and Anderson are not playing.  

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

Also, I thought bringing in Franklin with 10 seconds left in the 1st half to commit 2 cheap fouls just to save a few seconds was so dumb.  Franklin didn't look happy at all after that 2nd foul.  I think it was the only time he played until the very end of the game.  Why would you do that to a promising freshman?  Archie seems so out of touch with dealing with player's emotions.

now i disagree with this.  that's a strategy to limit that possession.  a freshman or for that matter anyone should want to be in the game any time.  they should want to play whatever role is needed.  why did that hurt him?  it's not like he was going to foul out.  not that i don't question Archie, but nothing wrong with that move. 

42 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don’t understand complaining about this? We had 2 fouls to give so we completely slowed them down from being able to inbound with a full head of steam and get off an easy shot. Smart strategy and it worked. 

If Franklin is mad about playing his role at the end of the half (which I don’t think he is), then maybe that’s part of the problem with IU basketball right now. 

no question BGleas.  i question Archie plenty, but nothing wrong with that.

i will never stop watching IU bball no matter how bad we are.  i always want them to make the tourney even if we're 1 and done.  better than not even being part of the greatest sporting event.  that said, i stick by what i have been saying... if we don't make it this year or next, i think it's a no brainer that it's time for a new coach.  

Archived