Michigan Post Game

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, iufaninand said:

What concerns me most is how this is affecting some of the younger players on this current team. Thee are the guys that we want to excel moving forward, yet they’re stuck either not getting a chance to contribute and/or seeing the program not improving. I think we’re at a real risk of losing the team and players in future years if we can’t quit burning it down currently 

I'm pretty concerned about Rob's development. He had at least one fairly easy midrange jumper yesterday that wasn't even close to going in, and he's just looked inconsistent all year, on both ends. It could be that he's playing through an(other) injury, but that's also become a trend with him. I think we have to take a hard look at the PG position in the offseason.

18 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Will still watch every game win or lose because I will always be an IU fan

You and me both Scott......I purposely stay off the board during a game even if we are winning.I not superstitious by I may be....... People still find a way to complain either way. Just like I said when I posted last Friday morning after the Iowa win. Everything is better after a win....I still stayed off the board until this morning, after a descent night of sleep. All I can say is fight like hell and win our remaining 3 home games, Penn St., Minny, and Wisconsin. That puts us at 19 wins and we need to steal one on the road somewhere,...(I don't know where). That puts us at 20 wins and we squeak into the NCAA's.....Lord Willing!

I had some tough choices to make. We had a sewage pipe that I needed to change and I could do it after the game or during.  I chose to do it during the game, great choice only had to see a bunch of Sh!t once that day.

I refuse to watch road games and i am in and out watching home games. I absolutely hate that I do not get excited to watch this team play. I am not going to lie I liked watching our CTC led teams much more than what we have seen the past 3 years. 

11 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I could be wrong ...but I thought he was actually just saying he agreed with your notion that family should come first I didn’t think he was criticizing you but that’s just how I read it 

What was this guy talking about because all I was saying is that no one should say you are not a true fan when you are doing something with your family.

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I had some tough choices to make. We had a sewage pipe that I needed to change and I could do it after the game or during.  I chose to do it during the game, great choice only had to see a bunch of Sh!t once that day.

I refuse to watch road games and i am in and out watching home games. I absolutely hate that I do not get excited to watch this team play. I am not going to lie I liked watching our CTC led teams much more than what we have seen the past 3 years. 

Yep was listening to the game.  Was obvious it was a typical road game. Stupid line ups no adjustments and optional effort. Got home during halftime. My wife suggested I go upstairs and watch the game.  I had no desire too. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What was this guy talking about because all I was saying is that no one should say you are not a true fan when you are doing something with your family.

For whatever reason he thought you were taking a shot at him ...when I pointed out you weren’t he said he was sorry so he must have just read it wrong 

21 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yep was listening to the game.  Was obvious it was a typical road game. Stupid line ups no adjustments and optional effort. Got home during halftime. My wife suggested I go upstairs and watch the game.  I had no desire too. 

With every passing day more and more ling time Hoosier fans are feeling that way. Our style of play and success  are not attracting new fans. We are in a very dangerous place and outside of our fans I dont think anyone cares including the University 

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Now THATS interesting ....is that a scenario where she thought you’d enjoy it and was encouraging you to do something fun or is she in tune enough with sports that she was doing it as a form of cruel punishment ?

Alright, found the scoring plays from the first half.  Time to break down all of the times our bigs hedging hurt us.  Links will take you to the time the play occurred so you can watch it as well.

By my count, we gave up 25 of our 41 first half points either directly or indirectly related to our bigs hedging.  That wasn't the only issue for some of the plays, but it was definitely a contributing factor.

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Alright, found the scoring plays from the first half.  Time to break down all of the times our bigs hedging hurt us.  Links will take you to the time the play occurred so you can watch it as well.

By my count, we gave up 25 of our 41 first half points either directly or indirectly related to our bigs hedging.  That wasn't the only issue for some of the plays, but it was definitely a contributing factor.

Did you pull all those out of game film and link them yourself ?!

1 hour ago, AxnJxn said:

I'm pretty concerned about Rob's development. He had at least one fairly easy midrange jumper yesterday that wasn't even close to going in, and he's just looked inconsistent all year, on both ends. It could be that he's playing through an(other) injury, but that's also become a trend with him. I think we have to take a hard look at the PG position in the offseason.

I am going to say something shocking so please give me some leeway.  Rob isn't really that good.  He isn't a floor leader.  He isn't a great defender.  He isn't a lights out shooter.  Or Slasher.  Or scorer.  He is a better ball handler than anyone we have.  He is the level of player who would have really be successful as a junior/senior on a team where he was the back up the whole time and not being thrown to the wolves as a freshman.  He has moments where it feels like he is.  There have been a couple games where he seems like has ice in his veins.  But so does Green,  I like the kid and he seems nice but we put way to much hope on his perceived greatness.

54 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't know if you know this Scott but sometimes you can come off confrontational and as a smug know it all who leave little to no room for anyone else to have an opinion.  You're very vocal about how you feel and will and do defend to the last word.  Not saying you are that guy or that you're not very nice. Just pointing out that sometimes, its best to just let a post go by that doesn't really need a reply.

Go Hoosiers

6 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I am going to say something shocking so please give me some leeway.  Rob isn't really that good.  He isn't a floor leader.  He isn't a great defender.  He isn't a lights out shooter.  Or Slasher.  Or scorer.  He is a better ball handler than anyone we have.  He is the level of player who would have really be successful as a junior/senior on a team where he was the back up the whole time and not being thrown to the wolves as a freshman.  He has moments where it feels like he is.  There have been a couple games where he seems like has ice in his veins.  But so does Green,  I like the kid and he seems nice but we put way to much hope on his perceived greatness.

Maybe he will have Yogi Ferrel like improvement?????

5 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I agree with this.  If he isnt playing Michigan State,  he is pretty average.  For whatever reason, he matches up well with Winston

8 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I think he’s just far and away our best and most consistent guard ...which could make your observation absolutely correct and the rest of our back court is SO bad and inconsistent he looks better 

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Yeah.  I found the first half highlights, so it showed only the scoring plays.  I knew when they showed Michigan they were going to score, so I could skip through a lot of the half pretty quick.

Well thanks for taking the time to do that ! Really well done ...also glad to know I’m not the only one that watches college and high school basketball film during work hours 😂

Archived