IU vs Minnesota Pre-Game Thread

milehiiu

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

See, I don't think Brunk played very well either, but are we saying we need to shoot a ton of 3s?  I don't like that gameplan for this team.  I'd like to get TJD more shots, but after that, I like getting the ball inside to Brunk more than shooting a bunch of 3s and missing them.

TJD is a freshman.  Entering the twilight of his freshman career.  Clearly, IMHO the best player on the team.  We NEED to get him more touches, every game the rest of this season.

26 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

TJD is a freshman.  Entering the twilight of his freshman career.  Clearly, IMHO the best player on the team.  We NEED to get him more touches, every game the rest of this season.

There were several times yesterday that he had post position and we did not or could not get him the ball. Even though he doesn't show it you have to know he is getting frustrated. I did run into his Dad (Dale Davis) while walking around Crisler Arena. He is one big dude. 

2 minutes ago, EvilleHoosier said:

I would like to see more of Deron and TJD playing together.  Run a few sets with Deron in the high post feeding TJD.  Can't remember what game it was a few weeks back, but they played together a little and made some things happen in the few minutes they shared the court.   

Maryland

3 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

There were several times yesterday that he had post position and we did not or could not get him the ball. Even though he doesn't show it you have to know he is getting frustrated. I did run into his Dad (Dale Davis) while walking around Crisler Arena. He is one big dude. 

Does Dale perchance have any eligibility left over from his Clemson days? 😎

Archie really needs to switch the lineup up. We need something to spark us on the road. I’d go 5. Davis 4. Smith 3. Jerome 2. Green 1. Rob... then I’d bring Al, Brunk, Race, and maybe a little of Deron off bench... even if you go a different route in starting lineup that’s fine but I really think going with the same lineup the players are just going to through the same “here we go again” attitude on the road and lose by 10+... we need a spark! Something that tells us or gives us confidence that this road game will be different.. doing the same thing over and over again when it’s not working is just.. well not smart and painfully hard to watch.. I doubt it will happen though.. Archie is known to be really stubborn even at his own down fall  

30 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Archie really needs to switch the lineup up. We need something to spark us on the road. I’d go 5. Davis 4. Smith 3. Jerome 2. Green 1. Rob... then I’d bring Al, Brunk, Race, and maybe a little of Deron off bench... even if you go a different route in starting lineup that’s fine but I really think going with the same lineup the players are just going to through the same “here we go again” attitude on the road and lose by 10+... we need a spark! Something that tells us or gives us confidence that this road game will be different.. doing the same thing over and over again when it’s not working is just.. well not smart and painfully hard to watch.. I doubt it will happen though.. Archie is known to be really stubborn even at his own down fall  

There is about a 1% chance we don't see the exact same line up we've seen the last 4 months

40 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I really felt Deron Davis earned a second half start in the second half of the Michigan game.  He should start over Brunk in Minnesota.

I do like Joey.  Can't wait till next season, once he settles in as a Hoosier.  However, I agree with you. De'Ron was perfect from the field against Michigan. And led ALL scorers. If that does not earn him a start over Joey. I don't know what it what take to earn a start.

18 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Wow when did you become so cynical Gleas 😀

Imo, this is driven more by being jaded than anything else. We just played a very good game at home against Iowa and owned them. We then followed that with yet another awful showing on the road. Seems more likely to me we find a way to win at MInn, or lose a close game, and win out at home. The PU home game was an embarrassment, but not the norm this season. I think we win the home games -- PSU, Minn, Wisc. I am a lot less certain about the road games, but Minn is our best shot.

Yeah, I probably worded that post a cynical way, that’s fair. But, I don’t think the thought on how IU will probably finish is actually cynical. This team can win at Minny. That’s a winnable road game. But, I just don’t buy any consistency magically developing for this team down the stretch and I think they’ll ultimately disappoint. That doesn’t necessarily mean I think they’ll miss the tournament, I just think we’ll end the season still very concerned about the state of the program. 

10 hours ago, 5 championships said:

Sadly, when Fisch reads the starting line up, we will know the result of the game.

From that point I will know if I go to bed by 10 or 1130.    

26 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Sadly, when Fisch reads the starting line up, we will know the result of the game.

I think that was the same lineup we had against MSU and Iowa so did you go to bed at half of those games as well.

31 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Remember as a kid racing to the sports page in the morning to see if we won. I might dust off this old move tomorrow night or I guess Thursday morning. I have zero desire to stay up to 1130 to watch heartache. People can call that whatever but I love IU Hoops so much it literally is painful to watch sometimes....if not all the time on the road. 

Archived