IU vs Minnesota Pre-Game Thread

milehiiu

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

The IU fan train is passing through America.  Glad to see you are on board !

When I was younger I was such a competitive person and hated to lose at anything I participated in and was really hard to be around.  I was like a lot of our fans where I would always say we have no room for losers at IU and wanted to revoke scholarships after every loss.  It seemed after my kids were growing up and then I had knee surgery which prevented me from playing competitive basketball.  after that I realized I needed to change and start looking at things in a more positive light and I have been way happier since.

1 minute ago, OGIUAndy said:

Me too. I don't give up on teams. It is after all supposed to be fun. It would be totally awesome if this time gets on a semi roll and does well at the end here. They have to believe in themselves. 

I will always watch every game of my teams to the very end even in blowouts.  If I turned off the TV when my teams were losing I would have missed some pretty good comebacks.  the Colts 21 point 4th quarter comeback at Tampa, the AFC championship game against NE  being down big at half.  I would have missed Reggie's 9 point in 8 seconds or his 25 point sin the 4th quarter of a playoff game. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well don't come back if they start winning then

IMHO. Not a question of IF, but rather, WHEN.   After all.  Consider all the flack that De'Ron took earlier this season. Who would have predicted, then,  he would be perfect from the field and lead ALL scorers against Michigan ?

When I was a kid growing up in Indy by the South Side Armory there was a train track running behind it. I used to hop the train at Meridian Street and ride it to the overpass on Madison Ave. Found that was pretty stupid and very dangerous. 

Riding the Hoosier train is the best ride you can ever get. There has been many more positives than negatives and for the most part it has always been a smooth ride.

Go Hoosiers!

2 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Riding the Hoosier train is the best ride you can ever get. There has been many more positives than negatives and for the most part it has always been a smooth ride.

Go Hoosiers!

"Do not let the past remind us of who we are not now."......... Crosby, Stills and Nash.

"Someday I will wish upon a star ,wake up where the clouds are far behind me. Where troubles melt like lemon drops..... that's where you'll find me. "

I have seen at other places where people are saying that they should have a fans revolt and people need to stop going to games to show the administration of our unhappiness.  That might get you your short term goal of getting a coaching change.  I think doing this would have a long term negative effect on your program.  You might get a coaching change but who sees these negative things, your future coaching candidates and your future recruits.  I look at UCLA and they were unhappy with Howland who went to 3 straight final fours.  They replace him with Alford and they were unhappy right away.  They stopped going to games and the arena was a morgue. what happens they fire Alford and now replace him with Mick Cronin who had to be a very disappointing hire for their fans.  You look at their roster and they don't even come close to the type of roster you usually see at UCLA.

i'll never stop watching Hoosier bball.  has always been my favorite sports team since i was old enough to watch.  i don't "give up on them."  however, i don't have much confidence in them.  i think there's a big difference.  i cheer them on and hope for the best.  doesn't mean i can't say that i don't think we'll make the tourney.  it's kinda hedging my bets.  i'll be happy to be wrong and have Scott telling me i was wrong and know nothing about bball and beat my wife!

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Don't know about you guys. But I look at EVERY game, both at home and on the road as an opportunity.  Some seem to have given up on the season. But NOT ME !

Unfortunately I look at home as 90/10 we will win and the road about 0/100  until proven different. I am begging to be wrong but up to this point the proof are in the results

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Unfortunately I look at home as 90/10 we will win and the road about 0/100  until proven different. I am begging to be wrong but up to this point the proof are in the results

Shane, granted we've only won one road game. However, we are 13-3 at home. And 2-0 on neutral floors, with the BTT coming up. Those are the results, my friend. Don't give up now.

Archived