IU vs Minnesota Pre-Game Thread

milehiiu

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

.....sitting at home after an exhausting, yet rewarding day with high school students. I finally put my Hoosier Nation shirt on and my sleepy, 1 year old Dachshund wears his IU shirt proudly. His name is Archie....

5A589E26-156C-41C9-AD45-E2D1F32FF7A2.jpeg

Aw, he lays down and doesn't put up any fight at all.

You taught him the pack line defense.

(I kid, I kid.  Go IU!  Hope we win by 30.)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

I absolutely love them. They are Goofy and think they are big but they don't yip.

We were seated outside at a brewery with our two dachshunds recently and this other couple came up and were asking about them. The guy was like "Are they dobermans?" The wife slapped him on the arm and was like, "No, they are dachshunds!"

Ever since then, I always tease my wife that they think they are dobermans.

3 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I do agree with you on some of that, but that’s who Scott is.  I will share a story on Scott and hope he doesn’t mind.  When I was going through some tough times and I was posting stupid stuff on the board (even more than normal) he sent me a PM. He offered to help any way he could after I told him of my issues.  He did, this was 3 years ago or so and the man still sends me a PM to check and make sure things are still going well with my wife and kids.  I don’t always agree with him (and that’s fine, makes the world a better place IMO) but that doesn’t mean I don’t respect him and consider him a friend even though I’ve never personally met him.  He’s a spiritual guy and one I hope to have the same strong belief as him someday.  He’s a true sunshine pumper, and personally we need some of that.  I’m more of glass half empty guy and that’s what makes this board great.  Perfect blend of people, yeah we get into it at times but we always come back.  IUScott is a great man in my book and I’ll never forget what he did and continues to do for me.  

Will always be there for you brother

2 hours ago, rico said:

Love the first paragraph...don't think much of the second one.

As Scott would say, you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.

Scott is about passion in what his beliefs are.  No more, no less.  He is roughly my age and although I do "spar" with him on occasion, the dude is the embodiment of what a true IU fan is.  Passion.  Love of his Hoosiers.  Love of the sport.

Signed,

Rico, IU fan since 1973

Thanks for your comments

Since this is the @IU Scott love thread.  It's only fitting that he is the board's  personality of my father in law.  He irritates the fire out of me daily but I love him.  Sometimes want him to tell him to shut up but have too much respect for him to ever tell him to.  We agree disagree about 50/50.  Can't tell him anything new but you will learn from him if you listen.  

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Since this is the @IU Scott love thread.  It's only fitting that he is the board's  personality of my father in law.  He irritates the fire out of me daily but I love him.  Sometimes want him to shut up but have too much respect for him to ever tell him to.  We agree disagree about 50/50.  Can't tell him anything new but you will learn from him if you listen.  

So am I dying or something bad happen to me that I did not know about.

Just now, IU Scott said:

So am I dying or something bad happen to me that I did not know about.

I'll come to your funeral.  Really wished I could have made Lafhoosiers??spelling all decked out in gear but did send the family a message.  

Bottom line is you are a good dude.  Keep up the positive vibes.  Not sure how you do it.  

12 hours ago, rico said:

Love the first paragraph...don't think much of the second one.

As Scott would say, you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.

Scott is about passion in what his beliefs are.  No more, no less.  He is roughly my age and although I do "spar" with him on occasion, the dude is the embodiment of what a true IU fan is.  Passion.  Love of his Hoosiers.  Love of the sport.

Signed,

Rico, IU fan since 1973

I too like to spare with Scott because through all of this his view stays the same and no matter what I say he sticks to his guns. I just for fun like to say things just because I know Scott will reply and a discussion is born. .it would be a very boring place if we all thought the same way. I admit I like to stir the pot a little even if its just being devils advocate. 

50 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I too like to spare with Scott because through all of this his view stays the same and no matter what I say he sticks to his guns. I just for fun like to say things just because I know Scott will reply and a discussion is born. .it would be a very boring place if we all thought the same way. I admit I like to stir the pot a little even if its just being devils advocate. 

To tell you the truth I sometimes I try to just egg on the conversation as well.  I believe in what I say but I sometimes just go on a little because I know the reaction it is going to get.  I know the topics that will get some people irate like by belief that college players shouldn't be paid or that basketball was way better in the past than it is now.

Also I know I can be a little over the top sometimes on here and I am trying to get better at trying to take other opinions better.  I need to stop taking things as personally as I do when other have a different opinion than myself and learn to listen to them.  We all have opinions on what we like or don't like and we will never agree on everything and like people say that would probably get boring.  One thing I wish as fan base is that we weren't so divided on the coaching situation because I don't think that is healthy for the program.

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also I know I can be a little over the top sometimes on here and I am trying to get better at trying to take other opinions better.  I need to stop taking things as personally as I do when other have a different opinion than myself and learn to listen to them.  We all have opinions on what we like or don't like and we will never agree on everything and like people say that would probably get boring.  One thing I wish as fan base is that we weren't so divided on the coaching situation because I don't think that is healthy for the program.

I have learned to never take anything personal and for all of us minus our 2 PU guests we all want what is best for IU , but we each have our own idea of what that is

Archived