OT- bluebird

4 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Thanks, but was thinking more along the lines of a place to grab dinner beforehand. 

How’s the Village Pub? Has really good reviews on Yelp.

The Irish Lion, Uptown Cafe, Trojan Horse, and Malibu Grill are all excellent and nearby.  Also lots of great ethnic places on 4th St if you’re willing to walk a few blocks.

Edited by dbmhoosier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Good morning IU people  - Purdue grad here. 

Heading to my first concert at the Bluebird soon, and was looking for any tips you guys might have as far as parking, nearby places to grab a relatively quick bite to eat before the show, etc. 

There is a parking garage across from taco bell that will be your best bet for parking. 

Social cantina is good and only a couple blocks away. 

1 hour ago, Boiler Sam said:

Good morning IU people  - Purdue grad here. 

Heading to my first concert at the Bluebird soon, and was looking for any tips you guys might have as far as parking, nearby places to grab a relatively quick bite to eat before the show, etc. 

Make sure you wear Purdue garb.........

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Have a great time.  One of our most iconic posters is a Boiler.  Get back with us on how things went.  You seem like a good guy, Sam. Open invitation to hang around after the trip to the Bird.

Thank you for the hospitality. As a longtime Indiana taxpayer, as well as the spouse of a public school teacher, I sort of feel like I have a stake in all our state schools. 

Plus one of my daughters has expressed in interest in heading south instead of north for college... 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Thank you for the hospitality. As a longtime Indiana taxpayer, as well as the spouse of a public school teacher, I sort of feel like I have a stake in all our state schools. 

Plus one of my daughters has expressed in interest in heading south instead of north for college... 

I have a special spot in my heart for public school teachers.  As my wife retired after 40 years as one.  35 of which were at the same school. Our resident Purdue poster's sister went to IU. 

33 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Very smart girl congrats!!

19 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Is she adopted? Is that why she is the smart one of the family? 

Sorry it was just too easy.😀

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I have a special spot in my heart for public school teachers.  As my wife retired after 40 years as one.  35 of which were at the same school. Our resident Purdue poster's sister went to IU. 

I’ll report back after the show- it’s next Thursday. Durand Jones and the Indications - formed in Bloomington! 

1 hour ago, bronkonagurski said:

Is the Video Saloon still there? That was my watering hole in my last couple of years at IU. Always followed by a trip to the Taco Bell afterwards. 

An IU grad I work with mentioned The Vid when I told him about my visit to the Bluebird. He said the name dates back to when they used to show movies in the bar, which seems like an interesting concept.