OT- bluebird

On 2/19/2020 at 12:51 AM, iuthruandthru said:

I don’t think in the late 90’s the majority of the gen X went to the Vid, can’t say that’s the same now for gen Z.  We went there because it wasn’t frequented by gen X and we didn’t want to deal with Kilroys but also didn’t want to go somewhere like the office lounge.  It skewed older back then but sure doesn’t feel that way now.

The Vid was my main hangout 1997-1999 and it definitely was known a townie bar at that time. I have not been back a single time since graduating.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I can't believe no one has mentioned Buffa Louie's for a good place to grab a bite to eat. FARMbloomington is another really good choice. 

And everything that everyone has mentioned in here already is great. Bloomington really has a great food scene. 

For brevity, I have spent alot of time in Bloomington as a guest for 30ish yrs. 

But within the last 5-7 years Btown has blown up with the food scene. So many niche restaurants. And ethnic restaurants, food trucks. Its awesome!

I go there 2-3 a month. I live 45 mins away.

Even Little Nashville has new stuff popping up recently.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Don’t know what The Vid is.

Back in the day we would hang out at Time Out, kinda catty corner from the Bluebird 

There are several bars/clubs and restaurants from back in the day(85-89) that aren't with us now.

Jake's, The Peanut Barrel,  J. Arthurs, Garcia's Pizza and Taco Johns to name a few.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

There are several bars/clubs and restaurants from back in the day(85-89) that aren't with us now.

Jake's, The Peanut Barrel,  J. Arthurs, Garcia's Pizza and Taco Johns to name a few.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

I believe there is a Taco Johns in one of the dorms if that counts? 

54 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I believe there is a Taco Johns in one of the dorms if that counts? 

That's cool.  Nothing like Taco Tuesday there.   The old one was over on 10th street in a strip mall.  The Wooden Nickle record store was right next to it.  Another place that got a lot of my $$$ back in the day.

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 hour ago, Indy1987 said:

Go Hoosiers!!!

I was there when Jakes turned to Mars. Lots of great memories. One of my roommates won the hotbod contest just about every Thursday night. She was well deserving for sure!!

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I was there when Jakes turned to Mars. Lots of great memories. One of my roommates won the hotbod contest just about every Thursday night. She was well deserving for sure!!

Nice(feel free to message me proof) lol.  Jake's had dime beer night every Thursday.  Oh the headaches you'd get from that Little Kings.  lol  Always had a good time there though.  Listening to Live music and trying to dance.   Who remembers the Oliver Syndrom and the Rod and Cones?

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy1987 said:

Nice(feel free to message me proof) lol.  Jake's had dime beer night every Thursday.  Oh the headaches you'd get from that Little Kings.  lol  Always had a good time there though.  Listening to Live music and trying to dance.   Who remembers the Oliver Syndrom and the Rod and Cones?

Go Hoosiers!!!

We used to get Mike and Joe on rare occasions and a local band play at our apartment almost every Saturday. On here is the only place I can reminisce, wife hates the old college talk

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2020 at 11:51 AM, KoB2011 said:

I can't believe no one has mentioned Buffa Louie's for a good place to grab a bite to eat. FARMbloomington is another really good choice. 

And everything that everyone has mentioned in here already is great. Bloomington really has a great food scene. 

I got a few hundred wings for my IU football tailgate at my house this weekend.  So good!

13 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Go Hoosiers!!!

I'm friends with the old guitar player for the Rods and Cone's. They still get together around Xmas and play in Indy.

9 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

I have not been there this year for obvious reasons but last couple years it was full of young millennials behind the bar and customer wise.

I was one of the first customers for the Video Saloon and Buffalouies. Yes, the Video Saloon actually showed movies and served you alcohol during the showings. Buffalouies was next to where I worked so I got one of the first Italian sausages when they first opened. The old man was a good guy and really called most of the shots. Didn't know they moved to the Gables until just a few years ago. FYI , I was a manager for Hoosier Liquors and Bloomington Liquors so I probably served a bunch of you.😁

5 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

I'm friends with the old guitar player for the Rods and Cone's. They still get together around Xmas and play in Indy.

That's awesome.  Always thought that was such a great band name.  My frosh year they played on the basketball courts in front of Wilkie for Little 5 week.  No idea why I remember that.  That week was a blur then.  lol

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Holy crap, I remember him, kind of knew him when I was a kid. He used to shop at the same guitar store I did.

His name is P.K. Lavengood. I went to high school with him and we still are friends. He has made a good name for himself on the Jersey shore.  Plays with John Eddie. Friends with every musician in Jersey.👍 A tremendous guitarist.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

His name is P.K. Lavengood. I went to high school with him and we still are friends. He has made a good name for himself on the Jersey shore.  Plays with John Eddie. Friends with every musician in Jersey.👍 A tremendous guitarist.

Yep, PK. Good to hear he became a successful guitarist. I remember how good he was way back then.

57 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

I taught with a woman in Columbus whose last name was Lavengood. I wonder if this is her son.

• 2 years later...