Beilein, Stevens, Beard

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ideally Beilein quits today.  The Cavs reach out to CAM offering him a chance to go back to Ohio and save the embarrassment of missing 3 straight tournaments.  CAM jumps at the chance.  Then IU signs Beilein and he takes us to the Sweet 16 this year. 

That or maybe the Cavs will offer us a trade.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What makes you think Fife would come here in the first place for a lateral move.  Just because he played here and spent  4 years on campus doesn't mean he will move here to coach.  He has lived in Michigan most of his life and his family is associated with UM.

Why are you always so negative Scott? 😉  He played here.  He would come if he’s guaranteed the job eventually.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

An honest question for you, if he had not played at IU would anything else on his resume make you want him to be our next HC. 

No.

The only reason to pick Fife is if the university just finally makes the b-ball program's priority clear...we pay him less than $2 million a year and hope it pans out.  I feel we are doing that now for a bunch more money.

13 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

At the end of the day, we get Miller for 1 if not 2 more years.  So hope for the best I suppose.  I do not see IU firing him unless things get super ugly.  We are not there yet...at least based on their previous approach to this type of situation.

Coach Miller gets 100% of his remaining salary if fired before 2022.

5 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

At the end of the day, we get Miller for 1 if not 2 more years.  So hope for the best I suppose.  I do not see IU firing him unless things get super ugly.  We are not there yet...at least based on their previous approach to this type of situation.

A 24 point loss to a probable NIT team is not super ugly?

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Why do some think Fife would just pick up and leave MSU for IU for a lateral move.  Yes he played at IU but he grew up in Michigan and all of his family went to UM so it is not like the family has connections to IU.  Also I doubt Belein would be an assistant coach since he has never been one in his career.

Fife has said the three places he feels strongly about being a head coach are Michigan State, Michigan, and IU. 

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

UM is not an NIT team and will get top 8 seed or better in the tournament.

I'm not so sure about that.  UM has 4 of their last 6 on the road.   They could very easily end up with only 18 wins which would put them on the bubble.

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 minute ago, Radio Zero said:

I don’t know.  Because it’s an internet fan forum, I guess.  I’ve talked about what I would do with a million dollars.

I didn’t mean to upset you fellas. 

You "fire Miller now!!!!" guys seem to be the upset ones around here.

Carry on....

6 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

I'm not so sure about that.  UM has 4 of their last 6 on the road.   They could very easily end up with only 18 wins which would put them on the bubble.

Go Hoosiers!!!

No way. Michigan, at worst goes 3-3 in there last 6, finishes 19-12 with wins vs Creighton, Gonzaga, and UNC on their resume...no bad losses...

They're a different team with Livers and as long as he stays healthy, they're a cinch for the tournament...

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Time infinity.  Grass is not always greener

4 hours ago, rico said:

Well I am not sure what kind of grass he was looking for?  May have been an ego trip.  But one has to question why Cleveland would hire him as well.

I lived in Cleveland for a couple of years. Grass is never greener there.

Image result for cleveland you gotta be toughImage result for cleveland you gotta be tough

Archived