Beilein, Stevens, Beard

49 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

The same ESPN that opened PTI and Around the Horn with Woodson leaving the Knicks to take over for Crean?  That National Inquirer has more credibility.

This is not the only source of this rumor. It has been circulating up in Michigan for the past month. I thought (at the time) it was some way for Belein to signal his willingness to return to UM (at their lowest point during the Big). I don't think people in Michigan know what is happening in Indiana, but I'm just saying this isn't the only source.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Well I believe what I hear from the national media so yes I think we are worse than any other fan base besides UK.  I also believe this is one of the reasons we did not get Brooks as well as well as the  promise of the NBA.

Having lived out of Indiana the last 23 years I can tell you from experience there are fan bases that are equally as bad as ours if not worse at times.   Unc, NC state, Maryland to name a few. 

What "National Media" are you referring to?   I've never heard or seen anything calling our fans out.   

I just don't buy the fan base scaring off recruits.   Losing scares off recruits.  Not seeing improvement year end and year out does as well.  So does a coach that everyone knows is on the hot seat.  And so do Coaches that piss off high school coaches.    

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 minute ago, Indy1987 said:

Having lived out of Indiana the last 23 years I can tell you from experience there are fan bases that are equally as bad as ours if not worse at times.   Unc, NC state, Maryland to name a few. 

What "National Media" are you referring to?   I've never heard or seen anything calling our fans out.   

I just don't buy the fan base scaring off recruits.   Losing scares off recruits.  Not seeing improvement year end and year out does as well.  So does a coach that everyone knows is on the hot seat.  And so do Coaches that piss off high school coaches.    

Go Hoosiers!!!

The thing is we have no idea if Archie is on the hot seat except for the base  calling for his job.  Where do you think the other coaches get that the coach is on the hot seat from and it is not from IU itself but the fan base.

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

The fans being too harsh is just an easy excuse for in state recruits to not look had for going somewhere else. Lame excuse at best 

At the end of the day that all comes down to losing.  Kentucky and Michigan State are 2 program I know get all over players...but they win.  When you win it does not give the fans as much to complain about.  Bet Vic, Cody, Hulls, Watford, etc. thought the fans were great.

When you do not win and look like you are mailing it in, fans are going to give you crap.  The team that showed up against Michigan gets crap because they did not look like they were trying.  That has been a theme over the past several years.

I agree with you, it is a built in excuse they use to try and soften the blow.  "Well I would go to Indiana if the fans were not so darn mean..."  then they go to UK and you know that is bunk.

30 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have a question.  Why is it after a win and people come on here to celebrate a win we are told it is just one game and doesn't make a season, which is totally true.  Yet people come here after every loss and claim the season is over and Archie is not the right guys.  Isn't a loss just one game and doesn't make the season as well.  saying that to say that it is better to judge a season once it is over.

For me it’s the 3 years of losing under Archie not a game by game response 

22 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Then why do they have them?

:)

If it’s on Twitter, it must be true!!!

lol

That’s an easy one... So the coach can still get paid when the university decides to cut bait early, which happens all the time.  A big time university does not care about paying a buyout, at all.  I thought people would’ve realized this after all the harping about Crean’s buyout, which didn’t end up mattering at all.

And no, the differences in the amount of the buyout don’t matter at all either.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

The thing is we have no idea if Archie is on the hot seat except for the base  calling for his job.  Where do you think the other coaches get that the coach is on the hot seat from and it is not from IU itself but the fan base.

Any college basketball fan knows when a coach isn't getting it done.   It's not the fans announcing someone's on the hot seat it's the results on the floor(losing and not showing improvement).

I have friends that are Duke, UNC and Syracuse fans and all of them have asked me how much longer Archie's got.  These aren't IU fans thinking that.  

The old "National Media" also usually do write ups at the start of the season each year on the hot seat as well.   I really doubt coaches are finding this out from fans.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

5 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

A lot of people on here don’t seem to be bothered by it.. I think it’s total BS and an absolute joke. I’m not ready to sit around another year and be mediocre all over again. I’m tired of it. I’m tired of this administration and people who are in charge. My God I wish we ran our school how Purdue does.. they invest more in their programs, and look how it’s gone for them. I know they’re not good this year but damn they’ve been pretty solid over the last 5 years. 

That Michigan game yesterday was an absolute embarrassment.. that was game 25 of this year in Archie’s third season.. he is so unfit for this program it makes me sick. Why in the hell should we wait another year?! It’s going to be the same crap all over again. Calling it now. 

It's all about you?

I'd imagine there are 16 young men and a coaching staff that have waaaaay more invested in this whole deal than any of us, you included. 

I'm sure losing on the road doesn't bother them a bit...it's all just fun and games...I'm sure they enjoy anonymous people on the internet interpreting their feelings, and criticizing every thing the do...I'm sure our coach enjoys it too...I mean, it's only his job and his coaching resume at stake...

Some people just make me wonder...

22 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Kinda crazy that Texas hasn’t missed the tournament in consecutive years since 1987 and 1988.  Wouldn’t have guessed that.

Edit: Only missed the tourney 5 times since then.

That is crazy! I would have never guessed that either. The only time I recall even being aware of Texas basketball in recent years was when they had Kevin Durant and then Myles Turner.

3 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

That is crazy! I would have never guessed that either. The only time I recall even being aware of Texas basketball in recent years was when they had Kevin Durant and then Myles Turner.

They’ve only made it past the first weekend 7 out of the 26 times they’ve made the tournament during that streak, and the last time was ‘08.  So a lot of early exits.

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well I believe what I hear from the national media so yes I think we are worse than any other fan base besides UK.  I also believe this is one of the reasons we did not get Brooks as well as well as the  promise of the NBA.

Can you give an example of this, or link to a story about our fanbase?

2 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Can you give an example of this, or link to a story about our fanbase?

I told you it came from Ryan Phillips of the Assembly Call who now works for the Athletic.  He said on the show more than once what our reputation is on the national level and that is we are crazy with unrealistic expectations.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I told you it came from Ryan Phillips of the Assembly Call who now works for the Athletic.  He said on the show more than once what our reputation is on the national level and that is we are crazy with unrealistic expectations.

So, one person’s opinion on what people think of the fan base on a national level? That’s it? You’re basing all of this on that one opinion? 

I can tell you from living here that the Maryland fan base has similar expectations to ours, Turgeon has been on the hot seat for years, and yet he continues to recruit very well. Can you explain that?

Archived