Beilein, Stevens, Beard

5 hours ago, CrimsonV said:

He would be owed north of $13M over 4 years. The contract runs through March 2024 (See Section G).

I couldn't see him doing the analyst gig. However, I believe he would be scooped up very quickly. The things that initially made him attractive to IU would still be in play for him: youth, pedigree, passion, results. Crean even got a pay increase of $100K going to Georgia.

We all know IU is a meat grinder and it takes a special coach to make it tick. I was excited about the hire and really thought we had the guy with the fortitude to make it happen. I'm surprised we're at this point with nothing really solid to hold onto as an identity. 

This administration certainly had no issue navigating Crean's $4M deal. This one is larger but it would file in just as smoothly.

I really hope Coach can figure this thing out. So many want it so bad. I attached sections G and H of the contract.

Also ... I'm not saying he is or isn't here for 2 more years. I'm just giving you the details and letting you know buyouts can be navigated.

001.png

002.png

I really don’t think he is going to figure it out. Year three and player development is nonexistent. We still shoot poorly from the field and the line. We do very poorly on the road. We keep the same starting five unless someone gets hurt. No changes and no adjustments! No messages sent to players who make foolish turnovers. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result....

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, CrimsonV said:

He would be owed north of $13M over 4 years. The contract runs through March 2024 (See Section G).

I couldn't see him doing the analyst gig. However, I believe he would be scooped up very quickly. The things that initially made him attractive to IU would still be in play for him: youth, pedigree, passion, results. Crean even got a pay increase of $100K going to Georgia.

We all know IU is a meat grinder and it takes a special coach to make it tick. I was excited about the hire and really thought we had the guy with the fortitude to make it happen. I'm surprised we're at this point with nothing really solid to hold onto as an identity. 

This administration certainly had no issue navigating Crean's $4M deal. This one is larger but it would file in just as smoothly.

I really hope Coach can figure this thing out. So many want it so bad. I attached sections G and H of the contract.

Also ... I'm not saying he is or isn't here for 2 more years. I'm just giving you the details and letting you know buyouts can be navigated.

001.png

002.png

Key words here are Obligation upon Termination Without Cause. What's in the fine details of the Contract. Would Archie not making the Tournament on a regular basis be cause? The team not improving from one season to the next be cause?  If these are expectations of IU basketball coach in his contract I would say we would owe him very little, if anything at all! 

2 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Key words here are Obligation upon Termination Without Cause. What's in the fine details of the Contract. Would Archie not making the Tournament on a regular basis be cause? The team not improving from one season to the next be cause?  If these are expectations of IU basketball coach in his contract I would say we would owe him very little, if anything at all! 

That’s not how it works.  For cause would be doing something illegal or unethical like paying a recruit or hiring strippers.  That’s said I think he’d easily take $8M or so to walk and be free to start over at another program.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

That’s not how it works.  For cause would be doing something illegal or unethical like paying a recruit or hiring strippers.  That’s said I think he’d easily take $8M or so to walk and be free to start over at another program.

If he’s starting over at another program, he’s not getting a lump sum of $8M. See Section H.

3 hours ago, Beowulf50 said:

I really don’t think he is going to figure it out. Year three and player development is nonexistent. We still shoot poorly from the field and the line. We do very poorly on the road. We keep the same starting five unless someone gets hurt. No changes and no adjustments! No messages sent to players who make foolish turnovers. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result....

Player development is the worst part about his performance so far.  You can say they have a cancer on the team, they are Creans recruits, they don’t have a leader, they don’t have shooters, bottom line for me is that nobody has improved under his command.  I know some of that falls on the players but I consider that mostly on the coach.  Jerome is improving but that’s because he’s getting his legs back.  RP hasn’t improved, and I’d say maybe has regressed if anything.  Justin is still an enigma and looks like that will be his legacy.  I guess you could say Morgan improved during the last two years under Archie but I can’t think of anyone that really sticks out.

8 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Player development is the worst part about his performance so far.  You can say they have a cancer on the team, they are Creans recruits, they don’t have a leader, they don’t have shooters, bottom line for me is that nobody has improved under his command.  I know some of that falls on the players but I consider that mostly on the coach.  Jerome is improving but that’s because he’s getting his legs back.  RP hasn’t improved, and I’d say maybe has regressed if anything.  Justin is still an enigma and looks like that will be his legacy.  I guess you could say Morgan improved during the last two years under Archie but I can’t think of anyone that really sticks out.

Who do you consider the most improved player in the B10 this year? I think hands down it's Luka Garza. And if you've read anything about the guy, it was his work in the off season that made the difference. Fran McCaffery will tell you that. A coach can only motivate a player so far, and he has 15+ players to try to motivate, but the player has to motivate himself.

2nd, Rob was hurt early in the preseason. Archie said he missed a boat load of practice...and what does it take to get better? That's right...practice.

Some of you people who constantly want Archie's scalp are really reaching...

22 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Who do you consider the most improved player in the B10 this year? I think hands down it's Luka Garza. And if you've read anything about the guy, it was his work in the off season that made the difference. Fran McCaffery will tell you that. A coach can only motivate a player so far, and he has 15+ players to try to motivate, but the player has to motivate himself.

2nd, Rob was hurt early in the preseason. Archie said he missed a boat load of practice...and what does it take to get better? That's right...practice.

Some of you people who constantly want Archie's scalp are really reaching...

I didn’t say I wanted him fired did I? But some of you that think Archie is the guy are blind.  See it works both ways. 🙄

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Quite sure there is a performance clause in his contract. 

2 hours ago, jojo123 said:

Quite sure there is a performance clause in his contract. 

There had better be. Especially since Glass laid out a list of expectations for the program when he hired Archie. I believe there was mention of being a perennial B1G championship contender. Currently we are miles away from that.

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

When will the first rumor of seeing Belein and his wife is in Bloomington looking at houses start?

I think Beilein called RMK and said that new house is way too big for just you and Karen, mind if we stay with you for a while.  With these crazy IU fans I might not even have time to unpack before the they start looking for the next guy. 

20 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think Beilein called RMK and said that new house is way too big for just you and Karen, mind if we stay with you for a while.  With these crazy IU fans I might not even have time to unpack before the they start looking for the next guy. 

You have been a little snarky lately so I hope everything is OK with you be these post have been out of character for you

People posting Beilein to IU on social media... SMH. For one not going to happen and for two posting all that crap hurts the program under the coach now. Ridiculous. Archie isn’t going anywhere so wish people would cut the crap. Took Beilien 4 years to win at Michigan anyways clearly people don’t have enough patients for him either. Might be harder for him to recruit with this “thug” stuff labeled with him as well 

Just now, 5 championships said:

People posting Beilein to IU on social media... SMH. For one not going to happen and for two posting all that crap hurts the program under the coach now. Ridiculous. Archie isn’t going anywhere so wish people would cut the crap. Took Beilien 4 years to win at Michigan anyways clearly people don’t have enough patients for him either. Might be harder for him to recruit with this “thug” stuff labeled with him as well 

Are you talking about some random fans doing it or are you seeing actual basketball people saying that.

Archived