Beilein, Stevens, Beard

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like Beilein. But his offense needs wings and bigs that can shoot. Are roster has none of that. I don't have a problem with Archies offense,  We get plenty of good looks. We just don't make them. What upsets me most is are lack of urgency on the defensive end of the floor. He plays 11 guys and we rarely reach are limit on fouls. If you are playing defense aggressive you are going to foul. That being said we have a lack of desire to be competitive and something is afoul.  We need to really turn the heat up with are voice and are actions.

The blame belongs on two of three groups. The Coaches and Players or the Admin and players. As fans we deserve to know what we are supporting. We have been supporting this for years now and keep coming back to the same place with the same complaints. So there is a common theme here to draw a conclusion. Time we get some answers and either support the current culture of the program or move away from the program if no change is going to take place. 

12 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

I really like Beilein. But his offense needs wings and bigs that can shoot. Are roster has none of that. I don't have a problem with Archies offense,  We get plenty of good looks. We just don't make them. What upsets me most is are lack of urgency on the defensive end of the floor. He plays 11 guys and we rarely reach are limit on fouls. If you are playing defense aggressive you are going to foul. That being said we have a lack of desire to be competitive and something is afoul.  We need to really turn the heat up with are voice and are actions.

The blame belongs on two of three groups. The Coaches and Players or the Admin and players. As fans we deserve to know what we are supporting. We have been supporting this for years now and keep coming back to the same place with the same complaints. So there is a common theme here to draw a conclusion. Time we get some answers and either support the current culture of the program or move away from the program if no change is going to take place. 

Just wondering, but wasn't this a post of yours in another thread?  I just don't think having these threads about replacements is not good for the program when we still have a coach.

13 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

The one constant over most of this time is the administration.  I would start with the BoT.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just wondering, but wasn't this a post of yours in another thread?  I just don't think having these threads about replacements is not good for the program when we still have a coach.

Yeah, I don't get the point of having another new coach thread when the other one is 35 some pages long. This should just be merged.

2 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

You're a funny guy. Way to go starting a great week. All I can tell you is to chill out.

Reread what you wrote.  Especially the opening sentence.  You sound like a teacher scolding her first graders.

I can’t quite figure out why it’s always the cheer block who wants the negs to be silenced, though I could speculate.

And yes, I’m aware the question of the possibility of changing coaches and that of whether it’s warranted are separate.

32 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Yeah, I don't get the point of having another new coach thread when the other one is 35 some pages long. This should just be merged.

His actual post that he started this thread with is a post he had already made in another thread so I guess he wanted to make sure we saw it.

17 minutes ago, Radio Zero said:

Reread what you wrote.  Especially the opening sentence.  You sound like a teacher scolding her first graders.

I can’t quite figure out why it’s always the cheer block who wants the negs to be silenced, though I could speculate.

And yes, I’m aware the question of the possibility of changing coaches and that of whether it’s warranted are separate.

Because no coaching change is going to happen this year or next.

So why bring it up?

21 minutes ago, Radio Zero said:

Because one there is not going to be a coaching change and two this kind of stuff hurts the program.  I would think if you guys truly loved this program like you say you do then you would do things that would impact it in a positive manner instead of always being negative.

6 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I’d be all for bringing in JB for 6-7 years along with Fife as his lead assistant and eventual replacement.  Seems like a no brainer.

Beilien isn't going to coach for 6-7 more years. 

I bet there is a really good chance he retires after this year.

23 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I’d be all for bringing in JB for 6-7 years along with Fife as his lead assistant and eventual replacement.  Seems like a no brainer.

What makes you think Fife would come here in the first place for a lateral move.  Just because he played here and spent  4 years on campus doesn't mean he will move here to coach.  He has lived in Michigan most of his life and his family is associated with UM.

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because one there is not going to be a coaching change and two this kind of stuff hurts the program.  I would think if you guys truly loved this program like you say you do then you would do things that would impact it in a positive manner instead of always being negative.

Nothing said on these forums hurts more than the awful effort and play on the floor.  That is the issue.  Nobody would be complaining right now if this team had 18 to 19 wins alread and did not look like garbage on the road.

Coaches recruiting against IU don't need to tell players to go to message boards, they just need to tell them to watch a game.

And frankly, if not for talking about what is wrong with this team, there would not be much else to talk about.  I have noticed an absolute down tick in the discussion after our past few losses because people are going into "well, here we go again, time to find something better to do mode..."

Finally, nobody needs you to be the gatekeeper for discussion.  If you do not like the threads that have a pessimistic (realistic, IMO) view of where we are, skip them.

Archived