Dan Dakich just called all you guys clowns

So... haven't listened to him for ever.  But, what's up with my Roku ?  Turned it on. Clicked on You Tube.  And what do I get.  DD.... live !

So... I think, what the heck.  Maybe he has changed.  No longer insulting IU fans.  Well, not the case.

And in addition to calling us all clowns.... said Wayne Winston is the smartest man in America. WInston was saying Devonte Green was IU's best player. Imagine that !

Kind of like Chili's.  Visited there five years ago. Ate. And said that's my fill for another ten years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

So... haven't listened to him for ever.  But, what's up with my Roku ?  Turned it on. Clicked on You Tube.  And what do I get.  DD.... live !

So... I think, what the heck.  Maybe he has changed.  No longer insulting IU fans.  Well, not the case.

And in addition to calling us all clowns.... said Wayne Winston is the smartest man in America. WInston was saying Devonte Green was IU's best player. Imagine that !

Kind of like Chili's.  Visited there five years ago. Ate. And said that's my fill for another ten years. 

What was the context of the conversation and what did he mean when he called us a clown.  Was it that we keep putting up with the losing or did he say that he thinks the fans ar epart of our problem.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What was the context of the conversation and what did he mean when he called us a clown.  Was it that we keep putting up with the losing or did he say that he thinks the fans ar epart of our problem.

Basically saying we don't have a clue about BB.  Yet. In the same context says that a KOB professor who says Green is our best player is the smartest man in America.

13 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Was Dan at either of the player reunions at Assembly Hall?....no...ah ok I didnt think so.

After having made a great deal of noise over the lack of reunions and former player involvement in the program...I'm guessing it didn't fit his narrative well enough to acknowledge them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

After having made a great deal of noise over the lack of reunions and former player involvement in the program...I'm guessing it didn't fit his narrative well enough to acknowledge them.

He actually was calling the next game on ESPN after out Purdue game so he couldn't be there

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

If Dan wanted to attend Bob Knight's return to Assembly Hall, ESPN would have let him have the day off.  

He's an egotistical tool.  I would rather be a clown.

Listening to Pat Knights interview, he acknowledged he knows Dakitch does not like his family.  To my surprise he didn't blast him, but thanked him because Coach Knight made Dakitch play one on one with Pat everday when Pat was in High School (I think) and he didnt complain.   Pat thanked him for making him a division one athlete and said he would never take that time away.

Dakitch changes his stories so much, I don't know what to believe.  I do think their bad blood started because he claims Knight said he will let Datkich take over for him, never happened.  And then he didn't help him het his BGreen job.

I could be wrong with that story, just going over the many podcasts I listened to last year while doing home repairs.

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Basically saying we don't have a clue about BB.  Yet. In the same context says that a KOB professor who says Green is our best player is the smartest man in America.

Well I didn’t hear it that way at all. He basically said it’s either start him or get rid of him. Those algorithms the guy uses are the same ones that Brad Stevens used at Butler and with the Celtics. I think if I was Archie I’d start using them but he doesn’t so whatever.

11 hours ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Listening to Pat Knights interview, he acknowledged he knows Dakitch does not like his family.  To my surprise he didn't blast him, but thanked him because Coach Knight made Dakitch play one on one with Pat everday when Pat was in High School (I think) and he didnt complain.   Pat thanked him for making him a division one athlete and said he would never take that time away.

Dakitch changes his stories so much, I don't know what to believe.  I do think their bad blood started because he claims Knight said he will let Datkich take over for him, never happened.  And then he didn't help him het his BGreen job.

I could be wrong with that story, just going over the many podcasts I listened to last year while doing home repairs.

Never heard that about the BG job but I did hear about Bob promising him the IU job when he retired.  But then why did Dan take the BG gig?  I would say Felling would be the guy to talk to concerning a lot of things.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Never heard that about the BG job but I did hear about Bob promising him the IU job when he retired.  But then why did Dan take the BG gig?  I would say Felling would be the guy to talk to concerning a lot of things.

On one of Dandakich ramblings, which I enjoy by the way.  He is kind of a Dan Bernstein/Mike North (chicago version); however, actually been there done that.

Anyhow, his rambling was something like... "I'm done with the guy.....he doesnt help his players....I got the BG and WV jobs on my own.....I was blacklisted by Knight after leaving IU......."  something like that.  Obviously there is more to the story.  After calling Pat Knight childish names on air -- I was surprised by Pat not going there and instead was the bigger person.  Pat Knight is as straightforward as it gets and he didn't get on the defense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

On one of Dandakich ramblings, which I enjoy by the way.  He is kind of a Dan Bernstein/Mike North (chicago version); however, actually been there done that.

Anyhow, his rambling was something like... "I'm done with the guy.....he doesnt help his players....I got the BG and WV jobs on my own.....I was blacklisted by Knight after leaving IU......."  something like that.  Obviously there is more to the story.  After calling Pat Knight childish names on air -- I was surprised by Pat not going there and instead was the bigger person.  Pat Knight is as straightforward as it gets and he didn't get on the defense.

Like I said maybe, just maybe Bob promised Dan the IU job when he retired.  Maybe, just maybe Bob got pissed at Dan when he took the BG job.  Lots of tea leaves to read here.  But if Dakich really means what he says he better take a damn good look at himself in the mirror.  If it wasn't for RMK and IU ole Danny boy wouldn't have the career he has now.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Says the guy who thought Bowling Green State University was in Kentucky when he took the job.

There are also a lot of people in Kentucky that think Bowling Green State University is in Kentucky. Funny enough UK fans actually like it when DD calls their games. He is always gushing over them.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Like I said maybe, just maybe Bob promised Dan the IU job when he retired.  Maybe, just maybe Bob got pissed at Dan when he took the BG job.  Lots of tea leaves to read here.  But if Dakich really means what he says he better take a damn good look at himself in the mirror.  If it wasn't for RMK and IU ole Danny boy wouldn't have the career he has now.

Obviously I have no clue but I think Dan basically was ticked that Knight and others in the Knight tree did not support him to get the IU job when he came in. I'm sure Dan has seen how Knight has helped others (although I don't know of him speaking with anyone at IU since he left) with other jobs etc....something tells me Knight didn't want to be associated with ol Jock-itch (and seeing Dan over the years can you blame Knight) and it has stuck in Dan's crawl ever since.

Edited by dgambill

Clearly Green is not our best player. However, this is true only due to his inconsistency. And not even half good, half bad inconsistency, but 20% good 80% bad. Like UConn several years back, we could beat anyone on any day if Green plays to his potential, just like Kemba Walker. In this regard, Green does have the potential to be our best and most important player. I don't care how Dakich says stuff, or care even if he says stuff. There is a point about how to deal with Green that we have been discussing for several years. Clearly we don't have all the facts, but few see Green as a positive. This is frustrating because we recognize that we need good Devonte to be a really good team. Without him, we might be better, but maybe not enough to make much of a difference. Dan has hurt feelings, which is sign that he loved IU and Knight,  and felt rejected. These are the dangers of hitching your wagon to unpredictable people.

1 minute ago, IUDan93 said:

Clearly Green is not our best player. However, this is true only due to his inconsistency. And not even half good, half bad inconsistency, but 20% good 80% bad. Like UConn several years back, we could beat anyone on any day if Green plays to his potential, just like Kemba Walker. In this regard, Green does have the potential to be our best and most important player. I don't care how Dakich says stuff, or care even if he says stuff. There is a point about how to deal with Green that we have been discussing for several years. Clearly we don't have all the facts, but few see Green as a positive. This is frustrating because we recognize that we need good Devonte to be a really good team. Without him, we might be better, but maybe not enough to make much of a difference. Dan has hurt feelings, which is sign that he loved IU and Knight,  and felt rejected. These are the dangers of hitching your wagon to unpredictable people.

I agree DG is not our best player but he is probably our best offensive weapon when he is going right.