Dan Dakich just called all you guys clowns

Dan did not make a good first impression on his new station owners called Urban One Radio, whose corporate logo says "representing Black America."

From the article linked above by IUSkim:

"Emmis Communications hosted an event last month, with sports-talk hosts Dakich, JMV, Kevin Bowen and Jake Query on stage in a relaxed setting.

With Urban One officials in attendance, Dakich told two tasteless jokes I can't even begin to clean up here, jokes that mortified his new bosses."

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Thank you and it appears Dan is suffering from jock itch of the brain.

The thing is, he had such an easy job.  Support the schools of Indiana in all sports.  Say nice things.  Rail against the rivals.  Be informed, and bring the insider's perspective to current events.   Especially for basketball, coaching, and recruiting.   

Stay away from politics.  Don't bully people.  Don't be a jerk.

It shouldn't have been that hard. 

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Dan did not make a good first impression on his new station owners called Urban One Radio, whose corporate logo says "representing Black America."

From the article linked above by IUSkim:

"Emmis Communications hosted an event last month, with sports-talk hosts Dakich, JMV, Kevin Bowen and Jake Query on stage in a relaxed setting.

With Urban One officials in attendance, Dakich told two tasteless jokes I can't even begin to clean up here, jokes that mortified his new bosses."

Anyone know what the tasteless jokes were ? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rico said:
28 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Anyone know what the tasteless jokes were ? 

Call in and ask Dan.

Haha, I wish I could "like" this comment 100 times. 

Someone really should call his show, before he's off the air for good.  He just might repeat them.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Haha, I wish I could "like" this comment 100 times. 

Someone really should call his show, before he's off the air for good.  He just might repeat them.   

I normally don’t listen to his show.  However, tomorrow has the makings of a terrific show.  What time does it start?  

The sad thing is that he was one of the good guys when he started with that show. He was an IU guy and I thought really cared about the university, but as time went by, he became really angry. I liked his show for a long time. I don't think he was ever the same after his divorce. He almost became a shock jock that was a parody of himself. The way this has played out is really sad. By the way, I lost a lot of respect for Greg Doyel for writing that article.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

Not sure if I can post a Twitter thread correctly, but here's a try. 

The replies are Dan taking fire from all sides over an old topic, now fresh again because he made it so.  He really brings this on himself.

Yes he does and he seems to enjoy the controversy. I in no way defend what Dakich does or says, but the way the IndyStar has handled this is beyond disgusting. The paper, which I have subscribed to for over forty years, has devolved into a gossip rag that doesn't deserve the title "newspaper". It's a sad day for journalism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He let his ego and social media collide. You mix that in with his commentary for espn, and it spiraled. 

I agree with some of his views. Disagree with others. The bike charity, that’s awesome for kids. 

otherwise he’s a pompous ass with a platform to spew whatever he wants for the time being. This world we live in gets scarier by the day. 

On 2/17/2020 at 6:25 PM, 5fouls said:

If Dan wanted to attend Bob Knight's return to Assembly Hall, ESPN would have let him have the day off.  

He's an egotistical tool.  I would rather be a clown.

You would think ESPN would have wanted him there...if Coach K comes back you think Jay Bias wont be there?

Edited by Dawg Bawls

• 1 year later...