Jump to content

Ryan Newman


Indy1987
 Share

Recommended Posts

Being reported now that injuries are not life threatining.  Hopefully, they are not life altering either.

And, whatever you think about NASCAR, the safety measures they have in place most assuredly saved his life.  The hit he took from the trailing car while he was flipping would not have been survivable a few years ago.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Being reported now that injuries are not life threatining.  Hopefully, they are not life altering either.

And, whatever you think about NASCAR, the safety measures they have in place most assuredly saved his life.  The hit he took from the trailing car while he was flipping would not have been survivable a few years ago.  

Odd similarity to the crash that killed Dale Earnhardt.  Last lap. Head on into the wall. Not only are the cars safer today. But energy absorbing walls, have come a long way from when number 3 was racing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The winning pit crew went running out like a cheerleading squad of middle school girls directly in front of the crash.  Was a trashy and classless response to a potentially fatal accident that happened literally 150 feet in front of them.  I don't watch NASCAR tv, if that still exists, but I hope they have been called out and or apologized before being called out.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

The winning pit crew went running out like a cheerleading squad of middle school girls directly in front of the crash.  Was a trashy and classless response to a potentially fatal accident that happened literally 150 feet in front of them.  I don't watch NASCAR tv, if that still exists, but I hope they have been called out and or apologized before being called out.  

I get where you are coming from. Yet. Joe Gibbs and his team issued a statement that they were unaware of Newman's injuries, until Hamlin entered the winner's circle. And both issued an apology for celebrating

Denny Hamlin and Joe Gibbs apologize for celebrating Daytona 500 win in wake of Ryan Newman crash - CNN

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I get where you are coming from. Yet. Joe Gibbs and his team issued a statement that they were unaware of Newman's injuries, until Hamlin entered the winner's circle. And both issued an apology for celebrating

Denny Hamlin and Joe Gibbs apologize for celebrating Daytona 500 win in wake of Ryan Newman crash - CNN

You are 100 percent correct. A reporter who was right there in winner circle said same thing also that the 2 hour wait to get news on Newman helped people find those things to make an issue of that really were not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I get where you are coming from. Yet. Joe Gibbs and his team issued a statement that they were unaware of Newman's injuries, until Hamlin entered the winner's circle. And both issued an apology for celebrating

Denny Hamlin and Joe Gibbs apologize for celebrating Daytona 500 win in wake of Ryan Newman crash - CNN

Glad they quickly apologized.  Gibbs is an upstanding man.  That I know.  

I have little sympathy in the heat they took.  That's like rushing the court 5 seconds after watching a guy land directly on their head from 8 feet off the ground after getting their legs swepped out.  Wait until you know your opponent isn't dead.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Going back to my first post above.  Still no specifics on his injuries.  Non life-threatening does not mean it can't be life altering.  And, I'm not specifically talking about whether he will ever race again.  Could his quality of life be impacted?  

Very true.  I will be pulling for Ryan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Going back to my first post above.  Still no specifics on his injuries.  Non life-threatening does not mean it can't be life altering.  And, I'm not specifically talking about whether he will ever race again.  Could his quality of life be impacted?  

Without saying it that's kind of what I was saying/thinking in my first post as well. Until people hear/see him walking/talking/moving around I would think keeping good thoughts for him is still important.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Without saying it that's kind of what I was saying/thinking in my first post as well. Until people hear/see him walking/talking/moving around I would think keeping good thoughts for him is still important.

NASCAR drivers are tough. Heard that Newman was the toughest on the circuit, even before his accident.  Here's a list of 10 who came back from serious accidents/Injury :

10 NASCAR tough guys who've fought back from injuries to race | FOX Sports

Also hearing that Dale Earnhardt Jr. is still shook up about his plane crash. And may give up flying all together.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, are we looking at something like him having a seizure or bad concussion caused by the accident.  No spinal injuries, no obvious broken bones, no obvious burns.

Him walking out on his own today is outstanding.  There were rumors of CPR at the track.  Could those be true and they actually had to bring him back?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...