Jump to content

Former players working with current players


IU Scott
 Share

Recommended Posts

I assume there are some NCAA rules limiting how much former players can come in and work with players.  Seeing a lot of the top former players here a couple of weeks ago got me thinking how great it would be if some can come in and work with these players.  Archie can  hit them over the head about what it means to play at IU but these kids might get the hint if it comes from former players.  I would love to see Isaiah come in and work with the guards especially RP and try to teach them how to be that SOB on the court and won't take any crap from anyone.  I thought if a guy like Allan Henderson would be a great person for TJD to learn from showing him that even a 6'9 PF can shoot from the perimeter and be effective.  Allan was one of the best rebounders in IU history so if he could work with the big's on rebounding as well.

Edited by IU Scott
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I assume there are some NCAA rules limiting how much former players can come in and work with players.  Seeing a lot of the top former players here a couple of weeks ago got me thinking how great it would be if some can come in and work with these players.  Archie can  hit them over the head about what it means to play at IU but these kids might get the hint if it comes from former players.  I would love to see Isaiah come in and work with the guards especially RP and try to teach them how to be that SOB on the court and won't take any crap from anyone.  I thought if a guy like Allan Henderson would be a great person for TJD to learn from showing him that even a 6'9 PF can shoot from the perimeter and be effective.  Allan was one of the best rebounders in IU history so if he could work with the big's on rebounding as well.

I’m not 100% on this and probably shouldn’t speak on this without looking it up. I think they can come and talk to them but I don’t think they can work with them. At least not during the season. Just like Archie can’t bring in like a professional person to work on shooting form or something like that. I think they have to do it with the staff or on their own. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, IUskim said:

I’m not 100% on this and probably shouldn’t speak on this without looking it up. I think they can come and talk to them but I don’t think they can work with them. At least not during the season. Just like Archie can’t bring in like a professional person to work on shooting form or something like that. I think they have to do it with the staff or on their own. 

Thanks, I guess I could look it up myself but I am lazy.  Love to have a guy Like Hornsby or Jay Edwards teaching players how to setup and be ready to shoot before getting the ball.  I just think sometimes players get tired of hearing the same stuff for their coaches so it would be good to have other come in and try to get these players to understand the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, IUskim said:

I’m not 100% on this and probably shouldn’t speak on this without looking it up. I think they can come and talk to them but I don’t think they can work with them. At least not during the season. Just like Archie can’t bring in like a professional person to work on shooting form or something like that. I think they have to do it with the staff or on their own. 

I’m sure it would be difficult to get a straight answer anyway since it is NCAA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyone - stop making something out to be more than it is.  There is no grand conspiracy in the direction of one political view or another.

Politics isn't allowed on the board.  I've edited the negative image of Trump out.  The fact that it was still up isn't a reflection of supporting one viewpoint over another - it was a reflection of the fact that it was only posted 3 hours ago and, like many of you, I have a job.

You're always welcome to PM us if you see offending content or use the report function but, please, stop playing victim.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

LOL...my wife asked a couple years ago why I was watching women's basketball (I usually never do except final four) and I said because it is IU!! She watched for a minute...stood up...and said....uh huh...sure! lol

Was she cutting down the net?

th?id=OIP.GSUmH_bncjkR-e5WMb1MWgHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&w=268&h=179

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Was she cutting down the net?

th?id=OIP.GSUmH_bncjkR-e5WMb1MWgHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&w=268&h=179

To be sincere as they have turned the program around (and Tyra played a big part in that) I have really started following them. She is beautiful young lady but there are far more things to watch on tv if it was about looking at women. I am actually excited for our girls and proud of what we are accomplishing. It helps that ND is kind of down...I really would like to see us capitalize on it and become the program all our HS girls aspire to play at.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...