Indiana Beach closes...

rico

30 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Is Lake Santee still open? My parents bought a lot down there when it first opened back in the 60's. They had big plans but they never materialized. 

Ummm...Indiana Beach is on Lake Shafer in Monticello.  I know of a Santee down by Greensburg.

34 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So, are they relocating Indiana Beach to Lake Santee, or am I misinterpreting this thread?

I started the thread and now I am confused myself!

Indiana Beach is closed/closed down.  Lake Santee has nothing to do with the thread whatsoever.

• 2 months later...

Some positive news from yesterday...Indiana Beach found a new buyer and will reopen...new owner said he is targeting July opening of this season...obviously COVID situation could throw a monkey wrench into the plans...

https://www.nwitimes.com/business/local/indiana-beach-has-new-owner-will-reopen/article_764dbfe3-b00b-564c-ba7d-820a2398992d.html

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Some positive news from yesterday...Indiana Beach found a new buyer and will reopen...new owner said he is targeting July opening of this season...obviously COVID situation could throw a monkey wrench into the plans...

https://www.nwitimes.com/business/local/indiana-beach-has-new-owner-will-reopen/article_764dbfe3-b00b-564c-ba7d-820a2398992d.html

Glad to hear this...