NCAA to allow instant eligibility for transfers (?)

DWB

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as the one and done is about to go away, Kentucky, Duke and N.C. will start calling up players from other schools.  Other players that struggle the first year are likely to just switch and not stick out. 

However, if I'm Indiana I am looking at players like Brooks over grad transfers.  

Welcome to the new era of NCAA free agency! 

Without strict and well-thought out rules and guidelines, it's going to be a mess. Players and their families will be so tempted to find a new place when kids are not getting playing time and competition gets tough. Or if they have disagreements with coaching staff, kids/families can easily leave without trying to work things out. I know that the current 1-year sit-out rule gives schools/coaches unfair advantage when coaches can pull scholarships from kids who don't perform well. I'm just not so sure if people would use this rule wisely. 

17 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

After thinking about it, I don’t take ketchup kid if he even wants to come back.  Of course then there is the fact that he has a younger brother that is very good.  Damn it!

Hard pass. People can call it spite or whatever. I'll move on from that operation. No trust. 

• 1 month later...

This rule change isn't expected to be passed this year. Unsurprising, considering the current situation.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if they're using this as an excuse to not pass it while hoping it gets forgotten about since there's no reason they couldn't pass it with an effective date sufficiently far in the future that coronavirus concerns should be settled by that point.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/29118140/ncaa-board-does-not-recommend-changes-transfer-waiver-process

Archived