Smellermakers Lose again

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You were awfully quiet after our game at IU a few weeks ago haha. 

Certainly not the season we hoped for though. 

I just wish Indiana played with half the tenacity and aggressiveness that Purdue plays. Painter is a very good coach and gets maximum effort from his players. It would really be interesting to see what he could do with the Indiana team. 

2 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I just wish Indiana played with half the tenacity and aggressiveness that Purdue plays. Painter is a very good coach and gets maximum effort from his players. It would really be interesting to see what he could do with the Indiana team. 

The state has 2 of the most under-rated coaches in country in Painter and Brey.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Purdue is 10-3 at home so far this season. With two home games coming up. Against Michigan on the 22nd. And then the Hoosiers come in on the 27th.  Critical game for IU.

My good friend and former teammate Bruce Parkinson will be inducted into the Purdue Hall of Fame at the Michigan game. A well deserved honor for Bruce. 

10 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I agree, totally  with your first sentence.....and I will also add that I wish we could get some of the 3 pt. shooters that Painter regularly pulls in. The rest of your post, with all due respect.....   No Thanks.....

1 hour ago, rico said:

Wait...he isn't in it?  Wow.

I couldn't believe it either. He had a great career at Purdue. He captained the 75 Gold Medal winning Pan American team and I believe if he wouldn't of broken his wrist against Rutgers in his senior season would of been on the 76 Olympic team.

1 hour ago, rico said:

The state has 2 of the most under-rated coaches in country in Painter and Brey.

I do wonder how much longer Brey will be there. I’m guessing the 50 ND basketball fans are pretty pissed he didn’t land Ivey. Have heard he essentially “half-assed” the recruitment and that’s one of the reasons why Ivey didn’t go there. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I do wonder how much longer Brey will be there. I’m guessing the 50 ND basketball fans are pretty pissed he didn’t land Ivey. Have heard he essentially “half-assed” the recruitment and that’s one of the reasons why Ivey didn’t go there. 

I have heard the same thing and because of that, he has really stepped it up with the Wesley recruitment. To the point where some think thats where he is going to go.

1 minute ago, JugRox said:

I have heard the same thing and because of that, he has really stepped it up with the Wesley recruitment. To the point where some think thats where he is going to go.

Like how do you mess that recruitment up lol? His mom starred there and was on staff at the time and the kid literally grew up at ND. 

Have you seen Wesley play much? If so, how does he compare/contrast to Ivey in your opinion?

12 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Prediction:  He will be there longer than Kelly.

24 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I couldn't believe it either. He had a great career at Purdue. He captained the 75 Gold Medal winning Pan American team and I believe if he wouldn't of broken his wrist against Rutgers in his senior season would of been on the 76 Olympic team.

That is really unbelievable that he isn't in.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Prediction:  He will be there longer than Kelly.

Man that is an interesting bet...I would normally say of course because football is all that matters there...or perceived to matter...but the language I've heard from Brey last couple years seems to point to a burnt out coach honestly. I think he may go Lavin and pack it in for a tv job.

18 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Like how do you mess that recruitment up lol? His mom starred there and was on staff at the time and the kid literally grew up at ND. 

Have you seen Wesley play much? If so, how does he compare/contrast to Ivey in your opinion?

I've seen much less of Ivey since he isn't a recruit of ours but Wesley looks to have star potential imo. Wherever he goes I think you get a future NBA first rd talent. His size and skill level makes him like a swiss army knife.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Man that is an interesting bet...I would normally say of course because football is all that matters there...or perceived to matter...but the language I've heard from Brey last couple years seems to point to a burnt out coach honestly. I think he may go Lavin and pack it in for a tv job.

I see him all the time on local TV, especially his show...I don't get that feeling at all.

Archived