Shoulders not Seeking Re-election

Well an interesting turn of events as IU in the next year will usher in a new AD, new president, and now will replace the longest tenured member of the BoT.  For those of you that feel the leadership at IU has been a large part of the problem with IU basketball it seems you will potentially be getting fresh blood depending on who is brought in to replace each one.

29 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Well an interesting turn of events as IU in the next year will usher in a new AD, new president, and now will replace the longest tenured member of the BoT.  For those of you that feel the leadership at IU has been a large part of the problem with IU basketball it seems you will potentially be getting fresh blood depending on who is brought in to replace each one.

Good.  He is the one I most would like to see go after McRobbie.

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

8299587E-AD6C-4455-8CA8-E1324255D089.gif

I figured you will be rejoicing today and now we will see if the administration was the problem.  With a new AD, a new president and some new BOT members we will truly see if you are right and I hope you are.  If after these changes and we still don't turn it around then where will the blame go.

Can't remember the name.  But didn't we all get behind one BOT candidate last Spring, who promised to do great things for IU Athletics?  I voted for him on line. I am sure many of you voted for him as well. And he lost. So I will caution all.  Be careful of what you wish for.

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Can't remember the name.  But didn't we all get behind one BOT candidate last Spring, who promised to do great things for IU Athletics?  I voted for him on line. I am sure many of you voted for him as well. And he lost. So I will caution all.  Be careful of what you wish for.

I voted for him but we all need to realize that Indiana University is first a n educational institution so they will always put that first over sports.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I voted for him but we all need to realize that Indiana University is first a n educational institution so they will always put that first over sports.

Yes I voted for him as well, but you make a great point.  There is a large contingent at IU that are perfectly happy to see IU basketball languish and I’m sure would prefer to see B10 money continue to go towards academics instead of reinvested in athletics.

Archived