Minnesota Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I don’t think anyone is complaining about the distribution this game.  They’re complaining about:

16 Brunk / 12 Thompson (UM)

24 Brunk / 8 Thompson (PU)

And other games like that.

Two of the last three games Thompsons vastly outplayed him numbers wise. 

Thompson is also just now getting truly healthy with his conditioning. 

Starting is completely irrelevant.

I asked for effort, toughness and culture earlier today and IU delivered tonight. It was just one game, but that type of effort, smart basketball and toughness can carry on. 

TJD was fantastic, Race was fantastic and what I thought was really important was that outside of a couple shots, Green largely played within himself. 

What I really like about this win is that while TJD had a monster night, it wasn’t just that, we played tough, played smart and played well. 

The stretch where Archie had TJD, Race, Hunter, Durham and Phinisee on the floor... we actually ran an inside-out offense. They moved well without the ball and made solid decisions for the most part. They ATTACKED the post really well for most of the game, instead of settling on jumpers. Green forced a couple of shots early in the clock towards the end, but didn’t shoot us out of the game. 

The effort and energy was great tonight. 

4 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Archie refuses to coach unless he knows I’m not watching.  End the madness, FIRE HIM

I stopped at the liquor store for some beer for the game tonight.  I told the old man cashier I was self medicating for the IU Road game.  He “assured” me the coach has already been told he will not be IUs coach next year. Clearly this is a guy in the know...so I grabbed my beer and left.

We are not bad if we can simply stop a drive....and maybe hit a shot or 2.  It was nice minny couldn’t hit lake james from the shore tonight. 

Lol to the 15 point loss projections 

very nice W, in that stupid elevated barn, many good IU teams have lost there over the years. 

This is a back to the wall W, on the road. 
and TJD is an amazing young player. 
Race is now a key player. 
Minutes were reallocated and it worked. 
Team and CAM earned some cred tonight 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Lol to the 15 point loss projections 

very nice W, in that stupid elevated barn, many good IU teams have lost there over the years. 

This is a back to the wall W, on the road. 
and TJD is an amazing young player. 
Race is now a key player. 
Minutes were reallocated and it worked. 
Team and CAM earned some cred tonight 

That was me.😄 I was using reverse psychology. 

Good win and glad they won.

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I asked for effort, toughness and culture earlier today and IU delivered tonight. It was just one game, but that type of effort, smart basketball and toughness can carry on. 

TJD was fantastic, Race was fantastic and what I thought was really important was that outside of a couple shots, Green largely played within himself. 

What I really like about this win is that while TJD had a monster night, it wasn’t just that, we played tough, played smart and played well. 

I think  you said it best when you said Green played with himself! DG is what makes us a tough out. Everyone know what TDJ brings but no one Knows what DG is going to bring! He is the KEY 

1 minute ago, HoagieRoll said:

Georgetown and Bama losing conference home games vs inferior opponents today—that’s big for us trying to sneak into the tourney. Barring a collapse, NC State punched their ticket thrashing Duke. 3 more wins including BTT and IU is 100% in. 

I’m not even looking at other teams, this is different than last year, IU doesn’t need help. Win these last 3 home games and we’re an absolute lock. 

Archived