Minnesota Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, loviubb said:

I think  you said it best when you said Green played with himself! DG is what makes us a tough out. Everyone know what TDJ brings but no one Knows what DG is going to bring! He is the KEY 

But we don't need him to go off. We need him to take care of the basketball, hit some shots and play good defense like he did tonight. Going off is a bonus, if he does this every night we can not only make the tournament but win a game or two. 

17-9.. crazy to think that if we hang on against Maryland and Arkansas at home.. both games we were winning and blew at the end, we would be 19-7 right now. Hell if we showed up against Purdue, 20-6.. this team in some aspect is close but has struggled getting over the top. Hopefully this win tonight carries over into their play on Sunday. It’ll be nice only being 2 games away from 20 if we can win.. 

It’s a simple formula to make the field of 68 and that is to protect the HALL!  You Rankem, We Spankem MUST be in full effect Sunday vs a top 15 team and no letdowns vs 2 unranked teams!  Didn’t think it was possible but our tourney fate is in our hands with 3 home games.  The Hall should be louder than ever before as HSN has never been hungrier for postseason.  HUGE games start Sunday!

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

But we don't need him to go off. We need him to take care of the basketball, hit some shots and play good defense like he did tonight. Going off is a bonus, if he does this every night we can not only make the tournament but win a game or two. 

Exactly. IU doesn’t need 27 from Green. IU needs Green to play good D, not turn the ball over and over dribble it, reverse it quickly when he’s not open, and make most of his shot attempts open spot-ups off of ball reversals and post kick-outs. It’s when he’s taking contested 3’s, a lot of jumpers off the dribble and making careless passes that he kills things. 

I can’t even put into words how bad I want to hear our name called on Selection Sunday.. these guys need to realize how close they are and fight like hell to make it happen. We’re still in good shape down the stretch here and when this team plays the right way they’re pretty good. Just want Indiana in a bracket so damn bad!! 

48 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Ughhh pissed I missed this one... TJD 27-16??  How did everyone else do?  That is a massive win for the tournament resume.  Huge.

THRILLED to be way wrong.

BTW, you need YouTube TV.  I'm watching a very satisfying replay on my unlimited DVR which records every IU basketball game automatically for me.

8 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

THRILLED to be way wrong.

BTW, you need YouTube TV.  I'm watching a very satisfying replay on my unlimited DVR which records every IU basketball game automatically for me.

It’s recorded on the DVR, if I I have time this weekend I’ll go back and watch.  But for some reason I don’t really enjoy watching sporting events where I already know the outcome, even if it’s a good one.

HUGE HUGE win tonight.  I'm going to sit down and watch the whole game as I just saw bits and pieces while I was working on taxes this evening (guy in the office next to me had the game on so I peeked a few times).  A couple of things I saw and liked...

• A lot more ball movement and more confident shooting (good mental frame and good energy)
  • IU's guards often harassing Oturu by swiping at the ball when he was trying to back Trayce down in the paint...very effective.
  • Minnesota literally conceding the game with 90 seconds to go by not fouling.  Another in a long list of exhibits of just how bad a coach little ricky is.  I'll be shocked if he survives to see next season.  Hands down, the worst coach in the Big Ten.

I'll likely have more observations when I actually watch the whole game, but I'm very pleased to have been very wrong.  The winning ingredients tonight were (1) A confident mentally well-prepared team, (2) high energy and sharp movement/passing and (3) a big coaching mismatch.

10 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I can’t even put into words how bad I want to hear our name called on Selection Sunday.. these guys need to realize how close they are and fight like hell to make it happen. We’re still in good shape down the stretch here and when this team plays the right way they’re pretty good. Just want Indiana in a bracket so damn bad!! 

AMEN Kellogs, that’s why I’m hoping the fans that can make these last 3 games absolutely crush the Decibel record!  I want a WatShot type atmosphere for ALL three home games & if we get that I will guarantee we don’t lose!  It’s in your hands HSN to make it a home court ADV.  LETS GO!!!

Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

It’s recorded on the DVR, if I I have time this weekend I’ll go back and watch.  But for some reason I don’t really enjoy watching sporting events where I already know the outcome, even if it’s a good one.

I'm the complete opposite...love watching when I know the ending is good. 😛 

41 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

The stretch where Archie had TJD, Race, Hunter, Durham and Phinisee on the floor... we actually ran an inside-out offense. They moved well without the ball and made solid decisions for the most part. They ATTACKED the post really well for most of the game, instead of settling on jumpers. Green forced a couple of shots early in the clock towards the end, but didn’t shoot us out of the game. 

The effort and energy was great tonight. 

This line up needs to be in for long stretches from here on out 

30 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I can’t even put into words how bad I want to hear our name called on Selection Sunday.. these guys need to realize how close they are and fight like hell to make it happen. We’re still in good shape down the stretch here and when this team plays the right way they’re pretty good. Just want to Indiana in a bracket so damn bad!! 

I hear ya!  March Madness is my favorite time of the year.  When the Hoosiers are in the tournament it's that much better.  Just win 3 more and it's a done deal.  Really hoping to finish strong, but realize anything can happen with this group.  Get TJD touches, Race more minutes, play hard, rebound , and take care of the ball and we should pick up some wins.  

Games like this make me glad I don't jump to conclusions about a team too soon for better or worse. Michigan had that same general effect. As did basically every game prior to this, and every  game left will. They sure can't afford to rest on their laurels as they have appeared to do at times from  game to game. 

I would be lying to say I haven't questioned whether this team could withstand another beating like the last game, but kids have to play together enough to know what the potential  sum of the parts really, is. so you never know unless that is able to happen often enough. Some players help open up opportunities for others that aren't always apparent until a given line-up takes the floor at near or full strength.  .Kind of stuck to that line of thinking throughout this rough start to Miller's tenure too. 

With so many high stakes games left, B1G stretch is going to be interesting.. Michigan and Ohio State have come to life all of a sudden. Some teams are slipping as well. One slip or one surge could result in a lot of movement in the standings short time, but likely going to be below Maryland at this point. .Sustained urgency has to come now or never about this time every year and post season seeds are in play even for teams comfortable with their resumes as a whole.  Fun times if Indiana is one of the teams able to show a little more steadiness. Still just flashes unless/until the proverbial light stays on.  Not over yet!

Archived