Minnesota Postgame Thread

KDB

7 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

I think I had a part of this win. I stopped watching when we were down by 8.

I think it was me because I didn’t watch at all.  So did the game plan change to get TJD the ball or did they just come to play?  Will watch it later.  Also I see you guys talking about Race.  How did they play them, Race at 4 or 5?  

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey it was a much needed win. We had some real right spots. We knew Davis was could have a great game. Race really played well. He did  all the things last night that helps you win games. Rebounds, Defense, scored. I hope he can keep it going

Can this team keep it going. I hope so! 

25 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Starters TJD, Race, Jerome, Rob and Franklin. 

Hey, i wouldn’t hate that lineup, but I’ll trust Archie to pickem. Starters or not they all need to come focused and bought in like last night. We didn’t play a perfect game last night. We did how ever make plays to stay in the game until we were able to go on a run and take the lead. 
Go Hoosiers! 

7 hours ago, loviubb said:

I think  you said it best when you said Green played with himself! DG is what makes us a tough out. Everyone know what TDJ brings but no one Knows what DG is going to bring! He is the KEY 

I missed the game, but glad I didn't see that Green played with himself. Whatever works though, right?

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

TJD getting some love on Sportscenter.  

Lunardi has IU last 4 in and PU first 4 out.  At 14-13 how are they even it consideration

Lunardi was once the gold standard. In recent years...he's been just poor.

Regarding TJD great to hear. 15 shot attempts means 27 points and nice road win. It's all I and a couple others have been asking for. However it happened (point of emphasis, guards, coaching, whatever).....that kid needs 15 touches a night minimum.

we were down early and not looking very good and got our heads in it and pulled out a big road win.  HUGE.  love TJD as the focal point.  much more optimistic on making the tourney, but still think we'll be singing a little different tune if we drop the next 3.  if we can pull out jut 1 of them and obviously win the last 2 at home, i'll be very happy.  happy to say i was wrong about Hunter and Thompson both.  i guess i was right about Anderson, but as Meatloaf says 2 out of 3 ain't bad... and in this case, i'm happy to be wrong about 2 out of 3!

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

TJD getting some love on Sportscenter.  

Lunardi has IU last 4 in and PU first 4 out.  At 14-13 how are they even it consideration

They have some good wins including annihilating MSU, Virginia, Iowa, and us. But they definitely need to win a few more at least.  If we win at Mackey they are toast.

7 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

In front of his dad - dad, come to the game Sunday 

Greens bother comes to a game and DG plays out of his mind. Races' dad shows up and we win on the road. Maybe IU needs a player family fan section and unlimited family travel budget. I would be willing to chip in. 

I seem to remember CAM saying at the beginning of the season, "We're pretty good when we play inside out" & "We need to play within ourselves".

I think we just saw that philosophy get implemented on both fronts last night. Funny how that works.

Great win for the team IMO and it was a team effort. Major kudos to TJD & Race. Really stepped up, and answered the bell. Little disappointed in Joey of late, and Smith did an acceptable, not great, job. I thought Jerome actually played better defense than Smith. Phin & Green did a real number on Carr. Al was good offensively, but got beat way too much on defense. If Armaan can step up his offense, he'll be one helluva player.

Go Hoosiers. Win out!

5 minutes ago, Hard Hat said:

Just watched the video on twitter of Smith telling TJD to shut the F.. up.  Beginning of the game when Trayce was telling Smith to Dunk it. Can’t wait for that guy to be gone.

Now hold on. I saw that live... I've competed at a pretty high level before, and I coach at a pretty high level now. 

This stuff gets said and MOST of the time its absolutely NOTHING to it. I'm willing to bet he was frustrated with himself. This sort of talk is nothing new. 

Absurd how lame Twitter is.. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Now hold on. I saw that live... I've competed at a pretty high level before, and I coach at a pretty high level now. 

This stuff gets said and MOST of the time its absolutely NOTHING to it. I'm willing to bet he was frustrated with himself. This sort of talk is nothing new. 

I'm surprised people are making an issue of it honestly. That sort of thing gets said so often. Guess people need to find something to complain about. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Exactly. You can see Rob smiling when Justin said it, too. It's entirely possible that it's an inside joke between the players. Justin was the first person off the bench cheering TJD's big dunk, and they had nothing but positive interactions the rest of the game. Y'all are like a pack of hens sometimes. 

Archived