Minnesota Postgame Thread

KDB

6 minutes ago, Hard Hat said:

Just watched the video on twitter of Smith telling TJD to shut the F.. up.  Beginning of the game when Trayce was telling Smith to Dunk it. Can’t wait for that guy to be gone.

On the flip side.... At the end of the game, I saw Smith with his arm around TJD, patting his back, both smiling and congratulating him.....I liked seeing those type of moments. 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AxnJxn said:

Exactly. You can see Rob smiling when Justin said it, too. It's entirely possible that it's an inside joke between the players. Justin was the first person off the bench cheering TJD's big dunk, and they had nothing but positive interactions the rest of the game. Y'all are like a pack of hens sometimes. 

It's quite possible that they all REALLY tease TJD because hes the FR, grew up privileged, and is REALLY GOOD lol 

Truthfully this could be the exact OPPOSITE of what everyone else is thinking as far as chemistry goes. 

Couldn't believe Andy Katz was actually saying positive things about IU last night post game. Basically said we're in unless a catastrophic meltdown happens. Can't believe how one road win changes so much but it does. Get home, get rested and come out Sunday guns blazing. Reminder to team. Penn St just let Illinois score often down low earlier this week. I want another 15 shots from TJD please. 

Just now, CincyHoosier said:

I missed both the Iowa and Minny games due to vacation travel.  First ones I've missed in a couple months.  Does this mean I need to take more vacations? 

Yes. It also means we need all relatives of players who scan these boards (and they do) to get to Bloomington on Sunday too. PS...and maybe it was just me but that court sucks. Maybe it's my eyes or my tv but I felt like it was screaming at me all night. 

30 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It's quite possible that they all REALLY tease TJD because hes the FR, grew up privileged, and is REALLY GOOD lol 

Truthfully this could be the exact OPPOSITE of what everyone else is thinking as far as chemistry goes. 

I think this more close to the truth. I think it was guys being guys.

I haven’t seen the numbers yet, but Devonte and Rob shared quite a bit of minutes if I’m remembering it correctly......and they played well together!

There’s been a lot of talk of how we need Devonte to show up to win big games. It just seems like we need more than 1 or 2 players to show up to win these crucial games. And by show up, I just mean that they play above average. We need to limit the amount of core players who disappear.

Big win on the road, quad 1 win, should improve NET ranking.  3 of the next 5 at home, need to take advantage of our home games.  TJD and Race played big boy ball.  Race needs more and more time on the court as the more playing time he gets, the better he is becoming

My NCAA tourney thoughts:

If we win 3 of the next 5, we are comfortably in.  Win any games in Big Ten tourney and we improve our seeding. 

If we lose 3 of the next 5, we are on the bubble and need to win a game or two game in Big Ten tourney to help get us a "At Large" bid. 

11 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

If smith is leading this team we are F#"^'j. And absolutely whats wrong with us the last two years

I know, some of these guys after a win have short memories.  You can’t change my mind on someone that quick.  It’s a long trend.  There has been a cancer on this team. I hope he does change. Race and Trayce though, leaders!  Love those kids.

Great win last night and after the slow start we pretty much dominated them on their home court.  After they hit 9 out of their first 11 shots Minnesota only hit 11 of their last 51 shots per Zach Osterman.  From the time it was 23-13 Minnesota we outscored them 55-33 in the last 30 minutes of the game.  To me if we can get what we saw from the effort stand point the rest of the year we should be in good shape.  In other conversations lately some is wondering what evidence in the future things could get better we saw a little of what it could look like in the future.  I think going forward into next year I hope to see TJD and race in the starting lineup and hopefully with the Hunter improves we can see a very good front court.

8 minutes ago, Hard Hat said:

I know, some of these guys after a win have short memories.  You can’t change my mind on someone that quick.  It’s a long trend.  There has been a cancer on this team. I hope he does change. Race and Trayce though, leaders!  Love those kids.

Absurd you think Archie would allow a cancer to be on the team this long. Absurd. 

Archived